Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sanda in southern california?

Quote Originally Posted by SifuAbel
    Did jason yee get plastic surgery to look more "bruce like" . His chin is different. I remember him looking way different back in '96 when he demoed at the lee koon hung against Cung le.
    Ummm, no. He's cosmetically altered plenty of other peoples faces, but not his own. My nose is a bit different now...

He looks like he got a chin implant. It could just be luck and age. His face may have widened since then. I dunno, he just doesn't look like as I remember him when he got schooled by Cung le.

when he got schooled by Cung le.
    Now I don't think thats very accurate, although i do appreciate some good ball-busting.
    Jay might have won that points-wise if he hadnt gotten pushed off the platform too many times and lost big points for that. Cung used hair spray on his feet at the last minute (a great idea really) to stick to what was found to be an unusually slick lei tei surface, and Jason was having a hard time with sliding and kicking. Not to make excuses for him, Cung won fair and square, but it was otherwise a close fight with Jay landing a lot of hard punches.

What many of would love to see, but never will, is Cung agree to fight Marvin. Now that would be ugly.

He looks like he got a chin implant.

The last thing a pro fighter would want is a some delicate plastic surgery on his face, a piece of plastic under his skin on his chin bone. You know even good fighters are going to get hit a lot training or in the ring, sometimes on the chin and they wouldnt want to make it more suseptable to damage or irritation.
    Last edited by MutantWarrior; 05-21-2005 at 07:50 PM.

Maybe it just got flattened and widened by pure punishment.

I just don't want this to drop to the bottom yet....

I wasn't able to find any contact info off of that site. That movie might be good, though.

YouGottaWanna:
    Which City Boxing do you train at? Is it the one in Downtown SD? Do you train Muay Thai there? Is so, how is it? I here they have pretty good Muay Thai, but I have heard bad things about their boxing.

Let me know if you find any info about San Da in the area. I live in north county and would be interested also.

SS Guru,

Jason Yee's in LA now? Cool, I didn't know that. He must've come here fairly recently then. Did he open a gym here? Thanks for that info.

He is doing some privates but I think he said he may do something more regular. I will ask him when I talk to him i the next few days.
    "Information is power"

www.Boston-Kickboxing.com

Hey, Jamesbond, I hadn't been on in a while so I didn't see your post sorry. I train at both the downtown one and the one in Pacific beach, I may start training in PB more because it's closer to where I live.

I take muay thai at the downtown one, and it's good as far as I know. I've never taken muay thai anywhere else so I couldn't really give a comparison. I haven't taken boxing there, but I know people who do and they seem to like the boxing classes. The guy that teaches downtown is Roberto Garcia, and he was a champion at one point (IBF I think? I don't remember which).

Thanks for that address, youknowwho, I'll give that guy a try.

By the way, if you wanna diversify a bit as well, I've heard nothing but good things from the ShenWu Academy (Tim Cartmell's Training Center); he teaches Xingyi, Bagua, Taichi, and Brazilian Jiujitsu. Very practical teacher, has open mat sparring Sessions every Saturday. It's over at Garden Grove, California. Check it out at www.shenwu.com
    As always, stay strong, and keep an open mind...