Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: castlevania fans, anyone?

agree with all cept smb2. im one of the only people i know who hated it, but i stand by my argument that i heard somewhere that it wasn't even a super mario to begin with. it was some other game out of japan that they attached the characters to before finalizing everything.
    Yeah, SMB2 was a remake of a Japanese game called Doki Doki Panic... the Japanese SMB2 ended up being released here as Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels as part of the Super Mario All Stars collection on SNES. Our SMB2 ended up being re-released in Japan as Super Mario USA

Here's some info about the REAL Super Mario Bros. 2: http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclop...he-Lost-Levels

ha nice ... we never keep them around here.

they may have released it on greatest hits too. it would be suprising if they had them brand new otherwise to me at least.
    where's my beer?

good lookin out with the smb2.
    where's my beer?

Yeah, I think it's part of the Greatest Hits line

The real SMB2 sounds too freakin' hard... who'd want to play a game that makes you start over completely if you go down the wrong pipe? Super Mario 3 was defenitely my favorite of the series followed closely by #1, Super Mario World, and Mario 64. I think I've only played the first two or three levels of #2. It was too un-marioish and that frustrated me Mario World 2 (Yoshi's Island) was ok but waaaaaaaaaaay too easy. Haven't played Mario Sunshine yet.

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night for PS1 has the best soundtrack evAr. I bought the CD. And that game is one of the best games ever. It seemed to not get much recognition tho because it's 2D and idiots think a game has to be 3D to be fun.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

I guess I'm in the minority on this one - I loved the us release of mario bros 2 - because it was different. I still play it to this day, while my wife still plays mario 1 and 3. LOL, My old NES is hooked up in my living room right now.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

SMB2 is awesome.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Yeah it is. I agree with GDA about 3 being the best tho.

I'm currently working on Zelda. Got up to labyrinth 4, but can't beat that 3-headed dragon at the end.

Now if only I could find a non-corrupted version of Marble Madness, I'd never leave the house!
    Last edited by Big_Phat_Wong; 05-22-2005 at 11:30 PM.
    Antonio Banderas's basterd son

When I was like 7/9 my buddy from down the street's dad calls me...not my buddy, his dad...he's like, "We can't figure out how to beat Birdo on SMB2 (the boss of world 1-1)"...in hindsight there wasn't anything that wierd about this just a kid being too shy to call me or too embarassed to admit he needed help in a Nintendo game, but at the time I was so freaked out by this grown man asking me how to beat the first board in Mario I was like, "Umm...yeah...I haven't figured out how to beat him yet either."
    "Ooh! Look at these two hot chickens. Finkel wants some dinkle. Give it to him. Huh. Come on, Do it. Lay it on, right here. Do it. Do it." - Maury Finkle, founder of Finkle Fixtures, biggest lighting fixture chain in the Southland

Anyone know where I can find Castlevania III for Nintendo, box and all?

And the boxes for Castlevania and CII?
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

back in the day, a couple of friends and I used to make money by selling game tips to people. Between us, we'd beaten at least 100 games and we all had subscriptions to nintendo power. When people asked us for tips, cheats, etc. we'd charge them.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Were you this guy? It sounds like you...then again in the 80s I guess everybody said martial arts or karate was their hobby...
    "Ooh! Look at these two hot chickens. Finkel wants some dinkle. Give it to him. Huh. Come on, Do it. Lay it on, right here. Do it. Do it." - Maury Finkle, founder of Finkle Fixtures, biggest lighting fixture chain in the Southland

[QUOTE=SevenStar]I guess I'm in the minority on this one - I loved the us release of mario bros 2 [QUOTE]

nah ... id actually say its about half and half. i didnt hate it, but i definatley didnt dig it.
    where's my beer?

Quote Originally Posted by Akhilleus
    Were you this guy? It sounds like you...then again in the 80s I guess everybody said martial arts or karate was their hobby...
    ROFL, nah, but I did want to be a game play counselor when I grew up.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Dag...you know what kind of hurts...I'm reading this web page where this guy makes fun of "Skip Rogers' How to Score more points in Nintendo" video...its pretty funny, but when he is making fun of the Top Gun part he says:

He gives us some tips on combat, such as "shoot enemy planes" and "shoot enemy planes with missiles," and then teaches us how to land on the aircraft carrier. Top Gun gives you on-screen instructions to help you get your plane down, so go ahead and skip over this part of the tape if you can read and know what the words "SPEED UP!" and "SLOW DOWN!" mean.
    What hurts is don't know that I ever actually landed successfully, which is nothing to be ashamed of, as it was almost impossible, but the very reason I never even came close was because I didn't understand what the words "speed up" and "slow down" meant...every time I read speed up I pressed down on the controller as hard as I could so the nose of my plane would point up, thus going "Up"...if it said speed down I did the opposite in an attempt to go downwards...I mistook speed up and speed down for go up or go down...I feel like such a schmuck...hey wait a minute! I just realized, I don't think it said speed up or slow down...I think it might have said "speed up" or "speed down" so it wasn't really my fault I misunderstood the directions...after all if you are in the car with a friend who is driving like a maniac you don't say, "Mickey! Speed down!" to get him to slow down do you? But if it actually did say speed up or slow down then yeah I am an imbecile