Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT: Metalhead/Prog Rock Gods be Praised

OT: Metalhead/Prog Rock Gods be Praised

Megadeth & Dream Theater to tour this summer. Along for the ride are Fear Factory and a few others. This is Dave Mustaine's "Gigantour" brainchild planned to start in July as some point.

-Will
    Hippies can't stand deathmetal - Eric Cartman

i like megadeth
    the old stuff... havent even listened the 2 last studio albuns cos when i heard just 1 or 2 songs i didnt apreciate...
    but i like the ol stuff...
    now... it sucks how mustaine is dissing bunch o people all the time to promote himself and the band
    its like every week its on the rock/metal news: "mustaine says lars sucks" "mustaine says his old band members suck" "somebody sues mustaine"
    just stop it, man...

dream theater totally kick ass too, specially metropolis 2
    Resistance is futile, teh Clerus is done. He awaits for the end aknowledging its presence everyday. When it comes he hopes to feel like being in the womb again.
    I am not here at the forum therefore, got nothing more to say and cannot save anyone (me included).
    I know i can resist for a good while, uknown is the value of while. Impermanence might be the only truth to life.
    Bye, peeps

Quote Originally Posted by BibitClerus
    dream theater totally kick ass too, specially metropolis 2
    I like both, but I'd primarily be going to see Dream Theater. Mustaines mouth has gotten him into trouble in the past. It'll get him into more trouble in the future. The last two albums were heads and tails better than Risk. Risk just sucked so bad I don't think anyone wants to remember it. Some of the stuff on the latest album reminds me of Count Down to Extinction days.

Metropolis Part 2 was a freaking awesome album. Have you heard Train of Thought?

-Will

Train of Thought sucked. It sounded too much like nu-metal.

But their old stuff is awesome.

Except Metropolis part 2, which I think sounded rushed, or forced. There were a few really good parts, but a lot of the album I thought was just filler, and boring.

I thought Dave Mustaine injured his hand and quit the band. He's back?!

PS. I'm going to this concert.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by IronFist
    I thought Dave Mustaine injured his hand and quit the band. He's back?!

PS. I'm going to this concert.
    Yeah, he had a "miracle" recovery, leading some to believe it was a publicity stunt. Although I think he had something wrong, apparently it wasn't as bad as originally diagnosed.

How does Stream of Conscience sound like "Nu-Metal"?

I will agree, I liked the old stuff better. Awake is still my favorite DT album.

-Will
    Last edited by wdl; 04-17-2005 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Adding thought

dude,
    yeah i heard Train, but Metropolis is still me favourite
    Train does have some low tunning on it that is somewhat influence of nu-metal

what you guys think of Liquid Tension... i think its totally tits

Risk... i thought there were some really good ideas there but the production just makes me wanna throw up its so forcedly pop-fied
    Resistance is futile, teh Clerus is done. He awaits for the end aknowledging its presence everyday. When it comes he hopes to feel like being in the womb again.
    I am not here at the forum therefore, got nothing more to say and cannot save anyone (me included).
    I know i can resist for a good while, uknown is the value of while. Impermanence might be the only truth to life.
    Bye, peeps

and whats Friedman up to? he was one of my favourite guitar dudes back in the day
    his latest solo release i found unimpressive...
    thats also what i think of both last Satrianis and Vais release

I dig Omar Rodriguez (ex ATDI and current Teh Mars Volta) solo album, its pretty cool.
    But dont go for it if you only like shreding
    Bye, peeps

Quote Originally Posted by BibitClerus
    thats also what i think of both last Satrianis and Vais release
    I thought the LTE stuff was just flat awesome. The best side project Portney and Petrucci have been involved in.

Yeah, Satriani and Vai have both gotten off topic big time. The Crystal Planet and Passion & Warfare days are gone. It's a sad thing. :/

-Will

Ill go out there and state how all "old school" metal is better than any new stuff. This goes for just about everyband. I have always been a fan of the metal scene. I just think that the "feel" of the 80's and early 90's had a different vibe than any of the new stuff.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

dude that sounds like a nice tour this summer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

im stoked for the new meshuggah (aka the best progressive thrash/death band on the planet earth and maybe parts of mars) album out next month. thats the only new support tour that i care about right now.

aww man if they come to new york to play im gonna just about **** on myself.

the ultimate tour this summer in my not so unbiased opinion would be those guys, decapitated and bloodbath......and either the haunted, nile, suffocation or napalm death for good measure. just to make sure everyone leaves with an aneurysm

concussions all around.....
    Last edited by FuXnDajenariht; 04-18-2005 at 12:15 PM.

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

ToT is like nu-metal cuz every song is like one chord, just like on Metallica's sucky new album.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

IMO, dreamtheater sucks, but at the same time I recognize they have talent. I am of the philosophy you can have all the talent in the world and still write crappy music.

Megadeath, love their old stuff, even have a few older albums on vinyl, probably wouldn't pay asking price to see them live. Unless they guaranteed playing the old stuff I liked.
    http://www.wingchunusa.com

Sao gerk seung siu, mo jit jiu - Hands and feet defend accordingly, there are no secret or unstoppable maneuvers.
    -Yip Man

I think LTE should get back together again, only if they can get Tony Levin on the bass/stick. Bozzio Levin and Stevens also put out some great stuff, Bozzio's got the most tasty drum stuff I've ever heard

It's still out there

Granted all the pre-90's metal is great, but there are some bands out there that weren't around back in the days of Ride the Lightning and Peace Sells that are trying to break out.

Check out Lamb of God and Shadows Fall. Great bands to listen to when your'e lifting weights, gets you pumped.