Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Wall Bag

WSLfan Guest

Wall Bag

Just wondering what other Wing Chun schools use inside there Wall Bag.
    I use graval 1 to 2 cubic centimetres.

vingtsunstudent Guest
    hey mate
    we also use gravel or blue metal(a harder type of rock)once the student is used to using the gravel ones.

Sihing73 Guest
    Hello,

Boy, I must be a wimp [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] We normally start out with beans or even rice and work our way up from there. We may end up with gravel, but I have found sand to be sufficient in the long run. Since I am not longer worrying aobut being attacked every day I usually find sand to be enough. Still, we can progess up to gravel and eventually to iron fillings or ball bearings. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I also find the same prpgressin when training for Bui Tze. Start with something like rice or beans then to sand then to gravel and finally to iron fillings. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I am assuming you guys do not just start out with gravel but I may be wrong.

Peace,

Dave

Mark Guest
    Sihing-
    We start out on a light gravel its not that hard. I use only use rice in my bag and its the same as the first gravel bag that the others are talking about.

WSLfan Guest
    Vingtsunstudent and Mark
    "Other wing chun school". Because a far as I know the other school in Newcaslte uses a softer bag than we do. So they don't damage their knuckles and sue their instructor.
    My Bag at home is heaps harder than the hard bag at the school and that blue metal (the rock are larger but don't cut my knuckles).

WSLfan Guest
    Sihing73
    Yes we start with small gravel which doesn't pack as hard as sand which is good enough of hitting people and sinking in, but to increase power the harder bag is used (with a bit of small gravel to make it pack hard).
    And as Vingtsunstudent said Blue metal is about the same as a person head. I haven't used iron fillings but my instructor has used ball bearings. Rice is good if you want to use gloves, When it feels like as hard gavel bag you can go straight glove without it slowing you down.

benny Guest
    come on guys!
    why dont you just whip em out and prove it.
    wsl fan you shouldnt say stuff like that about "the other school"
    see ya

WSLfan Guest
    Benny I don't care how many times you ask me I not going "whip em out"

kungfu cowboy Guest

anyone know where I could buy a good wall bag?

I want to buy one or make one. Anyone know of a good place to buy one? Can they be easily handmade, or is there a certain way to pack them? Thanks!

Watchman Guest

We've got 'em

Check out the "Supplies" section at

http://www.wckfc.com

We've got 'em for sale.

"Learning without thought is labour lost; thought without learning is perilous." -- Confucious

Martial Joe Guest
    Im not trying to shoot down your busness watchman but isnt 20 bucs a bit to much for a wall back....Just go get one at www.allblackbelt.com when i got mine i thnk it was iether 9 or 14 i dont remember how much it was.

Martial Joe Guest
    O,and watchman...ive been to your site before i joined this forum..its very good...keep it up,and chek out my homepage...
    www.expage.com/joeswingchunkungfupage

Joe :cool:

Watchman Guest
    Thanks For the comment Joe. I'll pass it along to my "Web Boy".

I've never comparison shopped wall-bags before so I don't know if $20.00 is pricy. I do know that the Council's wall-bags are pretty durable -- I've had my personal one for six years now and it's still holding up. If you can find one cheaper, go for it.

"Learning without thought is labour lost; thought without learning is perilous." -- Confucious

Martial Joe Guest

Watchman

This is kinda off topic but i was wondering how often you use your wall bag...how many times a day do you punch it?and im also curious how hard a wall bag should be...i forgot to ask my sifu because his is hardser then mine...he has one with rice in it and one with sand in it...i have rice in mine right now.

Joe :cool:

Watchman Guest
    Joe: I use my wall-bag almost every day, but in different ways than just puching against the wall. Also, I only use rice in it (which is the best way to practice subhydroshock power - sand doesn't give you the penetrative effect). When punching against the wall I fill it at little mroe than 3/4 full and do a minumim of 1000 punches to practice penetrating power. I also practice by laying the wall-bag on something about waist height and dropping my fist or palm into it to develop sinking power with full relaxation. Additionally, you can use it at about half full and toss it in the air alternatingly seizing it with your fingers to practice Biu Tze's thrusting power to attack pressure points and gain power in the hands for joint wrenching, etc. A fun partner exercise is to toss the bag back and forth doing the same thing.