Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Wall Bag

Thumbs up hahaha

that was the best thing i've heard all day
    Travis

structure in motion

Talking

re: red spots

When you develop the red marks between your knuckles, is it from "chain punching" or individual punches?

Yup and I put some Dit Tat Jow after!

**wing chun books**

an individual punch will do it, chain punches do it worse
    Travis

structure in motion

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Try Leung Ting WingTsun, you'll like it!!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In my case:

Tried it
    Liked it
    Found something else
    Liked it more

Phil- that is a nice looking wall bag on that site. A bag doent have to be a fancy thing- but that one does look nice. Not much comment on the Ayn Rand stuff. Fountainhead was a good novel- and I saw the movie too. Dont want to stray too much on a wing chun list.
    Rand was good for a novel and maybe one essay. After that- it soon runs to shrill dogmatism and incomplete as a philosophy.
    Its good as an argument for creativity rather than conformity and
    a critique of blind statism....then dribbles away beyond that...
    Interestingly, I spent Christmas in a town a ways from Tempe
    called ANTHEM...its main road called Freedom Way. Some of its residents probably have little idea of the symbolic connection to Rand....or the meaning of freedom. Possibly a promoter or a developer was/is a Rand fan.

All in all a nice bag anyway.

Most often happens when I punch hard, hard surfaces like walls, than a wallbag filled with rice.

But man is the sound of my hands pounding that wallbag not music to my ears, then I have no idea what is

i noticed that when i get the red stuff from doing wall bag work, it was from not punching as straight as possible. some call this bicycling or pistoning, but it's where you're punching straight in front of you, but your hand makes an arc as you extend. this can cause the knuckles to drag slightly downward as they contact the bag instead of drive straight into them.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

When punching a wall bag or any other surface repetitively, do you ever get those red spots in between your knuckles?

I don't. If it bothers you, try a stiffer bag.

Given my complexion- red doesnt happen very often fortunately
    me thinks. Yuanfen!

Joy C.

Originally posted by yuanfen
    Given my complexion- red doesnt happen very often fortunately
    me thinks.
    CHEATER!
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Punching power and wall bags?

I friend of mine has just got back from a trip where he and his friends had a scuffle with some of the locals at their holiday destination.

He said he was lucky and dispite getting a bit of a beating from the local police and a few cuts, he and his friends got off relatively unscaved.

He is quite a big guy (works at a gym) but has no training of a fighting nature, he said he managed to get one of the guys square in the face with a beauty, which sent him to his knees (after which he got an eye full of pepper spray from the police!)

I have also seen him break machine records on those fairground punching machines, basically the guy naturally seems to have quite a punch on him!

I so I come home and look at my wing chun puch in the mirror, and it looks pretty pathetic!

Unfortunately due to my small flat (and unwilling girlfriend) a heavy puch bag is not an option, so I figure a wall bag is the way to go. However as I am renting the flat I have to pay a damage deposite, I am worried that a wall bag may damage the walls?

Does anyone have any tips on damage free punching power enhancing equipment?, or any general advice on how to improve punching power?

Many thanks

W

If put up well a wall bag can be used with great results and no more damage to the wall than a couple of holes. I've had one up in my garage for a few years and there's no damage been done at all.

If u get a 3 section bag u can also use it for improving your kicking power.

Wallbag

Hello,

I would tend to concentrate on the proper structure of my punch first. The wallbag is, IMHO, better used to perfect technique and structure than for the developement of power. I think you will find that punching with full extension, while training in application never fully extend, will develope power just as fast if not faster than using the wall bag. Use the wallbag to train correct placement and for slight conditioning of the knuckles for contact.

Going off of the WC track for a moment; you can go out and get a bicycle inner tube and use that to provide resistance to your punch. You need to be adjust the punch slightly but this could be one of the least expensive and certainly least damaging alternatives for your flat . You will find that this also helps to train the actual technique and will help to reinforce proper structure as well.

Peace,

Dave