Thread: Robert Chu Wing Chun summer camp in San Diego – 6th and 7th of August 2005

Thumbs up Robert Chu Wing Chun summer camp in San Diego – 6th and 7th of August 2005

Robert Chu Wing Chun summer camp in San Diego – 6th and 7th of August 2005

Hello,

I will be hosting Robert Chu for a Wing Chun summer camp in San Diego on the 6th and 7th of August 2005.

Sifu Robert Chu will be teaching this two-day seminar in San Diego.

The curriculum will focus on the structure, tools and concepts that make Wing Chun an effective combat method.

If you are interested, these seminars are always awesome, contain the functional skills and conceptual methods Sifu Chu is known for. This seminar will be super informative and attendees tend to be on information overload by the last day so bring note paper and lots of good questions.

This seminar is truly worth the price of admission.

Curriculum:
    Wing Chun Body structure methods
    Understanding the Forms
    · Siu Nim Tao
    · Chum Kiu
    · Biu Jee
    · Muk Yan Jong
    · Six and a half point pole
    Two man drills
    · Empty hand drills
    · Pole on Pole drills
    · Training Tools
    · Kicking Sets
    Fighting Application Based on
    · Kuen Kuit
    · Chi Sao
    · San Sao

If you are on a budget, we have mats you can sleep on in the Kwoon
    or you can bring some friends and split a hotel room.

Please call me if you have any questions.

School and host contact information can be found here:
    http://www.wingchunfaat.com

Seminar Flyer, please post at your school:
    http://www.wingchunfaat.com/images/8...minarFlyer.pdf

To read more about Sifu Robert Chu:
    http://www.chusaulei.com
    Please pass this on

Many Thanks

Dave McKinnon
    619-246-2977
    WingChunFaat.com

Robert's an awesome coach who can literally improve people's WCK application ability in a few hours. Anyone in the area would be well served to check it out.

Thanks Rene!

We'll see you there then. You and Marty can share an inflatable matress!

Just kidding. But you should come out, I'll find a place for you stay and we can review the YKS system and roll a little.

Dave

Robert mentioned it, but my scedule is hella crazy that month. Still, its something I'd really enjoy, so I'll definately keep an eye out for the chance to sneak it in.

If I do make it, I'll have to pack a Gi (got a Keiko now, because their symbol is the Wing character, how geeky is that?!) so I can clutch on and buy myself 1.3 additional seconds before tapping to the Harrisian-style Kimura

Will Robert be in the full Kung-Fu pajama mode for the event? That would be worth admission itself

Cool

Well I hope you can make it.

Robert mentioned he had found a really nice pair of shoes for working out on our all Tatami mat floor but you know him. He will probably be in jeans or workout pants and a school t-shirt.

If you can make it that would be great, I havn't seen you in quite a while.
    Also, by August, not only will you deserve a few restfull days in mild San Diego but you will owe it to yourself after all that hard selfless work you are doing

See you soon !

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by reneritchie
    Robert's an awesome coach who can literally improve people's WCK application ability in a few hours...
    Absolutely no offence meant, I would love to go if I was anywhere near the US... but I would hope the above statement is true, since you seem to have the whole WC system in a two-day seminar!

Talking

Hey Mat!

I have seen Robert teach many seminars that have had people from all walks, newbies, WCners with 20+ years experience, people with skill levels everywhere in between and people from other systems (5th Dan Karateka etc.) and all walk away with something valuable and with a method of self examination and evaluation.

There is no BS with Robert about function and form and he makes it applicable to everyone.

This seminar will, as all his seminars do, teach the fundamentals of the system.
    To do this, he will use the whole system to draw from. Therefore, we will probably go through the forms several times and use them as stepping off points for learning and understanding.
    I do not think that anyone who doesn't know the forms by heart can be expected to walk away having completely mastered them but they will gain exposure and an understanding of the lessons they teach.

Well that’s my 2 cents anyway.

See you at the seminar

Dave

The forms are study-aids towards developing functional skill. Some people 'study' the forms for 20+ years and have little or no functional skill derived from WCK.

Robert has an excellent methodology for enabling people to realize functional skill through WCK in a short period of time. In 2 days, you will probably not be able to memorize a lot of choreography, but you can get choreography anywhere. However, if you can digest not only what he does, but how he does it, you have a good shot at realizing the functionality of any choreography you pick up later, at your leisure

Thank you Rene

Very well said!

Dave

I'm buzzword guy.