Thread: Finally, there's a Martial Arts tv channel!

Thumbs up Finally, there's a Martial Arts tv channel!

I'm sure most of you will agree this is long overdue! Hopefully it will be carried by both cable and satellite. I've already contacted Directv and requested that they pick it up. Make sure you let your cable or satellite provider know that you'd like them to carry this channel... remember the squeeking wheel is the one that gets the grease.

Homepage: http://martialartschannel.com/

Billy Blanks, Jhoon Rhee, Cynthia Rothrock and Erne Reyes Sr. are some of the big names backing it: http://martialartschannel.com/overview/board.asp

Take a look at some of their programs: http://martialartschannel.com/tv/programming.asp

"The original launch programming for MAC includes:

"Fit 4 Life" hosted and co-Executive Produced by Bill Blanks, founder of Tae Bo®

"Self-Defense 101" co-hosted by Dennis Brown and international martial arts film star Cynthia Rothrock

Video news magazine show "Inside Martial Arts"

MAC's West Coast News and Entertainment Correspondent, also Ms. Cynthia Rothrock

Never before seen in the U.S. movies, dramatic series, tournaments, fitness and training

The Martial Arts Channel's programming model is comprised of 6 distinct categories:

Movies:

Full-length features
    Behind the scenes
    Rough cut
    Director's cut
    Previews and reviews
    Interstitial element: "The Lounge"

Documentaries
    Martial Arts inspired from around the world
    Historical perspectives
    Unique commentary and diverse views of systems and cultures
    Instructional/How to
    Exercise
    Training
    Nutrition
    Self-Defense
    News, Talk shows
    Interviews
    Topical stories from around the martial arts and entertainment world
    MAC Kidz™: Children's programming
    Past and present martial arts themed features
    60-minute series
    30-minute cartoon series
    MAC Sports™: Tournaments and demonstrations
    Domestic and international coverage
    Equipment demonstration and proper usage
    "If you were to teach basketball like they teach Gung Fu, students wouldn't have a basketball in their hands for one year."- Bruce Lee

When I was in Cambodia they had a cable TV channel that split between wrestling and MMA events. More MMA than wrastlin'. They would show old and new, rage in the cage, UFC, Vale Tudo, Pride. We need to get that channel here.

Quote Originally Posted by MoiFah
    Billy Blanks, Jhoon Rhee, Cynthia Rothrock and Erne Reyes Sr. are some of the big names backing it: http://martialartschannel.com/overview/board.asp
    jhoon rhee? I thought he died a few years ago.

"Self-Defense 101" co-hosted by Dennis Brown and international martial arts film star Cynthia Rothrock
    That is scary.

I think that such a channel would be good, however, judging by some of the names I'm seeing, the majority of it will be things many of us really aren't that interested in - blanks, reyes sr., rothrock... all big point fighting and/or forms competitors.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

very cool

I'm holding out for the Sin The' Channel.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller
    More machine now than man
    just wondering if you were on that volcano planet?

Master Obi wan died in the fourth installment, hemm, Masterkiller, your handle, is it?
    Last edited by WanderingMonk; 05-27-2005 at 01:21 PM.

Mac

Hey! I recognize some of those articles...
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I hope that they add sports medicine, healing science, physics of human body, etc.

And theory and philosophies etc.

Most people will be interested in health and fitness.

Movies and tournaments will not fly. ESPN and other channels already picked them up. I usually bought DVD or VCD of MA movies any way.

Instruction videos already flooded the market. They probably just play the videos already on the market. IF it is original programming, they may sell them in DVD, too.

But it is good to know, there is a TV channel for MA.

In China, they have regular TV program teaching Tai Chi, Ba Gua etc. They air most Wushu comp and Sanda fights all the time. They do not have a specific channel for them. But there are regular programs aired on TV nationally and locally. There are Wushu Quan exercises or drills for kids, too.

From kindergarten and up. There are Wushu PE from primary, high schools all the way up to the college. There are also graduate program for MS and PhD.

Living where I do we will probably never see it. The cable companies here are not exactly forward thinking in their programming.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller
    I'm holding out for the Sin The' Channel.
    Too late. It happened in the early 80's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

for people who have Comcast and want this channel they can contact Comcast here
    http://comcast.com/ContactUs/customerservice.asp

Talking I sense a disturbance in the Force...

the screams of Taebo, Extreme Martial Arts, Shaolin wheel of life, Bowflex infomercials (no screams there), and Rothrock flixs re-runs, and many more...

But I hooked on all these cheeze mindness entertainments ... my life is just sad looking forward to the Canadian arm of MAC...

Mantis108
    Contraria Sunt Complementa

對敵交手歌訣

凡立勢不可站定。凡交手須是要走。千着萬着﹐走為上着﹐進為高着﹐閃賺騰挪為
    妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum