Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: discoveries and questions from a unique mind

If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite - William Blake

Last edited by Lowlynobody; 06-03-2005 at 07:44 AM.
    My intent is to kill you, my heart wants you dead, my mind thinks of you dead, when I strike its to kill you - Sifu.

You are only as strong as your horse - Sigung Leung Cheung.

Emotions: Mental And Physical!!

my diagnosis is bipolar type 1 severe with pyschotic episodes. that can easily be considered criminally or mentally insane if its not controlled, fortunatly i have little knowledge of the spiritual plane and use it to my best advantage

what im trying to say is that emotions can come from the physical plane and arent just a part of the mental plane. i can only relate this to people who dont have mood disorders by saying this: PHYSICAL PAIN, you feel it in your body but isnt it just like any other emotion? try dwelling on it, and dont dwell on the mental plane's emotions that stem from the pain like despair or anger, focus on that raw physical PAIN, we(kung fu disciples) are accustomed to it because we feel pain all the time when we stretch and hit things. try it sometime
    (below is something interesting for those who dont have mood disorders, a little introduction to our world)
    now for those of you that have a mood disorder (a REAL one not some pansy as* crap like minor depression) im talking servere depression, servere anxiety disorder, and my all time favorite (sarcasm) bipolar (milds and type 2's dont count)

Try not taking your meds (DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU HAVE CONTROL OVER YOUR PHYSICAL SELF) you must either be completely locked up without your consent or physically restrained for a long period of time for this to be completely safe and successful. Your meds come from the physical plane and therefore supress the emotions that stem from the physical plane, HOWEVER, the emotions are still there and as a result mental plane emotions stem. which is why meds dont make us completely normal, now when you feel that raw physical emotion that isnt held back from meds ESPECIALLY when its been building up from being supressed by meds, it is a feeling i cannot describe, and it is one i try not to express, if you need help supressing this physical plane emotion take my advice:

*medication, because it is the purest form of the physical plane
    *physical exercise, next purest
    *DO NOT TRY TO OVERIDE PHYSICAL EMOTIONS WITH YOUR MIND ALONE that is called enlightenment and i can guarentee you that is something you do not have, if you do ever achieve it you would no longer have any sort or mental diagnosis which ties into the next thing
    *THE SPIRITUAL PLANE CAN DOMINATE ANYTHING everyone knows this, but hardly anyone knows why or how, be very careful treading in this domain. for there is a lot of false belief in this area (example: prayer heals physical pain) this is the placebo effect and nothing more, which does not come from the spiritual plane, tai chi chuan and chigong/qigong training is what i recommend

more later

Quote Originally Posted by TaiChiBob
    Greetings..

"Do not walk in the footsteps of others.. seek what they sought, on your own path".. words worth careful considerstion..

where did you hear that? i said that to someone in a bar just two weeks ago!

Greetings..

I was in a bar a couple of weeks ago and some wierdo was spouting philosophy...

No, actually it was a quote from Krishnamurty.. but, one that i feel represents a valid concept...

Be well...
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

Hmm

At the beginning of the thread it was hinted that the point of life is to balance Yin and Yang.
    This isn't so, the point is to transcend them surely. Yin and Yang are the components which uphold the Buddhist idea of duality.

The Buddha taught that all life is suffering because he saw that poeple clinged to attachment in some way or another to the 5 aggregates. It was this clinging that maintained attachment either thorugh being repelled away bad things or over enamoured with good things, which is naturally the state of attachment sustaining duality.

The idea I understand is to transcend good and bad and arrive at truth, just like the idea of Taoism isn't to get caught and stuck in Yin and Yang but to return to it's mother, namely Wuxi.

When it was quoted "It is better to of loved than lossed then of never to of loved at all" I think on one level its better to of never known love at all and one would still be happy, you just would be ignorant of what loving was all about. That doesn't mean being ignorant makes you low and upset.
    People lead happy lives without knowledge of tonnes of facts, figures and experiences, however it is the lifting the veil of delusion that dual thinking attachment is which Taoism and Buddhism ardently urge us all to try and achieve ultimately.
    " Don't confuse yourself with someone who has something to say " - The Fall

" I do not like your tone/ It has ephemeral whingeing aspects " - The Fall

" There are twelve people in the world/ The rest are paste " - Mark E Smith

Greetings..

Yin and Yang are.. well, Yin and Yang.. so what? life dual in nature and by definition, it's a wonderful gift.. why do so many seek to hide from it as monks and hermits.. Whether we have little knowledge or lots of it is of little consequence compared to how we use it.. Buddha taught that life is suffering, i don't see it that way.. it is what you choose it to be, if you you have the will to manifest your choices.. so far, even the "bad stuff" is "good".. there's nothing to transcend.. The "point of life" is to live. As the sages say, enlightenment is ordainary.. before enlightenment, chop wood/carry water.. seeking enlightenment, many wonderful paths.. reaching enlightenment, chop wood/carry water.. if one chooses to be a slave and does so well.. are they any less of a master?

Be well..
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

Hello Gentlemen,

Clinging IS attachment, but the attachment is an emotional phenomenon and not necessarily an intellectual one. It is the emotional attachment to good and bad effects or phenomena that cause unpleasant consequences, not the intellectual recognition of good and bad events, phenomena or experiences. Good and bad remain, how we perceive and experience them changes!

When we emotionally attach ourselves to anything we run the risk of creating unpleasant consequences. It is the emotional attachment (clinging) that creates unpleasantness, not the actual experience. If we wish to avoid or ameliorate unpleasant consequences then there are methods of living life that may be followed. One method is to cease clinging to the worldly effects of our actions (as taught by Buddha) and realize that true balance comes from within and is not created by worldly actions.

Unpleasant effects (experiences) are not inherent within any worldly event. They are a consequence of our attitude towards those events. Living in balance does not eliminate the rhythmic interplay of contrasting experiences, (The Principles of Yin-Yang) it merely changes the way in which we interpret phenomena and thereby how we experience them. Yin-Yang does not disappear; good and bad does not disappear; only un-necessary unpleasant emotional consequences disappear. This is why the sages say they gain nothing and lose nothing through realization of the Truth, the Buddha nature. Life doesn’t change, how we experience it changes because our perspective changes. All changes occur internally within our mind and are manifested by how we apply ourselves to life’s experiences. Emotional feelings are neither here nor there, good nor bad; they come and go as they will. If something is painful we feel the pain but do not nurture the pain which un-necessarily prolongs the experience of pain. If something pleasant occurs neither do we nurture it or attempt to hold on to it, for this enhances the sense of loss when it dissipates of it own accord. When “not clinging”, we neither cling to the pleasant, nor to the unpleasant. We experience, then allow the experience to pass according to its natural processes.

We must have contrast (Yin-Yang) in order to have awareness and experiences; otherwise there would be nothing to know and nothing to experience! If we didn’t experience the contrasting effects of Yin-Yang we would not experience anything. All experiences are determined by other experiences they contrast with. All effects are defined by other effects. We will always experience hot and cold, good and bad! It is how we react to hot and cold, and good and bad phenomena that changes not the contrasting phenomena themselves.