Thread: Songshan Shaolin Lyrics: Xiaohongquan

Hybrid View

Ya, thats probably the safest speculation. To tell you the truth I am more interested in Da Hong Quan, as I am the only person in my school that knows it I would like to compare thoughts on it with someone. But sinse I cant do that I started looking for sources on the net. There is a pretty big language barrier between Sifu and myself so I cant really get into detailed discussions. He does speak some Mandarin though and I am in the process of learning the language, so hopefully that will help.

I am also interested in finding as much about this style as possible. Links to history anyone? I have been just practicing and learning it for a while, but now I am getting more curious. As I eventually will learn all ten (thats how many my Sifu teaches anyhow, not sure as to if its the complete system or not) sets I am wanting some background info.

im in the same boat as SC. my most consentration is on bak shaolin eagle claw. we are like martial cousins or soemthing . i only have 1 or 2 songshan sets. a lohan set my sihing learned from oasis's teacher and tongbie my sihing learned form shi yan ming. my sifu trained with shi yan ming for 2 years but hasnt taught us any of the forms from him, just his energy and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

There was a long discussion about this at russbo a year or so ago... I'm sure if you search that forum, you'll find a lot of interesting takes on this.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Show us your ding bus!

Here's my ding bu - I hope it's akin to my master Decheng's since he taught it to me. Mine photographed from a slightly exaggerated angle, but I too keep my elbow tucked in, mostly for that qinna app.

I've seen a lot of variation in Xiaohong quan, even more in Dahong. There's an internal temple version that's really different - same moves but an almost chen taiji-like energy. I've even seen variation in the lyrics and once started to compile those variations, just for fun. The essence is usually the same, though.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Here's a DaHong clip.....PQ has it already

http://homepage.mac.com/stevefarrell...HongBoxing.mov

Don't study it.....so don't know how Shaolinified it is.....or not...

PE
    "We had a thing to settle so I did him"
    Tamai, 43, was quoted by Police as saying.

I asked a girl to show me her ding bu's once.....

Ended up with a black eye....
    "We had a thing to settle so I did him"
    Tamai, 43, was quoted by Police as saying.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix-eye
    I asked a girl to show me her ding bu's once.....

Ended up with a black eye....
    lol.......

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix-eye
    Here's a DaHong clip.....PQ has it already

http://homepage.mac.com/stevefarrell...HongBoxing.mov

Don't study it.....so don't know how Shaolinified it is.....or not...

PE
    Thats deffinately the Da Hong I know, yet totally different. I think this may be what Gene was talking about. It is pretty intersesting to watch though, he has a totally different system of delivery.