Quote Originally Posted by RenDaHai View Post
I can't watch YouTube as its blocked in China,

But I am assuming it is Shaolin Xiao Hong Quan?

There is some argument as to how old this form is;

By the Oral Tradition here in Shaolin, masters say it was created 1000 years ago in the song dynasty, during a meeting of 18 great masters of 18 schools. But there are many versions of this story, and the style created varies between Taizu Quan, Pao Quan and Hong Quan, and maybe all of them. Some say even Xiao Hong Quan predates this time and it was one of the 18 styles used to refine the new forms.

Certainly the name may be 1000 years old, but as to the exact form its anyones guess. There are some versions that split from shaolin 200 years ago, and the form remains unchanged so we can say at least that. My best guess is its remained the same from about the year 1600.....but thats conjecture, I don't think anyone is sure. I hope its 1000 years old, that would be cool.

There is a written poem describing the names of the moves in this form, does anyone know how old the oldest written version of this is?

Certainly its one of shaolins ultimate forms and generally considered the most important;
Xiao Hong Quan, Xiao Tong Bei Quan, Xiao Pao Quan, Da hong Quan, Luohan Quan.

Yes its Shaolin Xiao Hong Quan performed by Shi Guo Song. Okay this are some informations thank you for that

And what is about Lao Hong Quan ? When you talking about Xiao Hong Quan you aren't referring to Lao Hong Quan dont you ?

Its a pity that you cant see youtube. I have uploaded a version of Luhan Quan from an old kung fu documentary, where a monk performes it and it looks totally different than the version Shi De Yang does.

Kind regards,
Xian