Thread: Praise for Yu Shan

Praise for Yu Shan

Hello everyone,

I am a long-time lurker on KFO who just moved to Nashville, TN. I wanted to let everyone know that I dropped in on Yu Shan’s (Jim Smyer’s) class last night to check it out, and was very impressed. He is a very honest, direct and gentlemanly person, as well as being attentive, insightful, and completely hands-on in class. His students were very open to me and are a testament to his abilities. I highly recommend Mr. Smyer’s Pong Lai Praying Mantis to anyone interest in genuine kung fu in the Middle Tennessee area. And I would like to take the opportunity to thank him for opening his door to me.

-Grady

I could not agree more. If you are ever in Nashville, you should swing by and check out his class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Thumbs up couldn't agree more!

Grady -

Glad to see someone new drop by! and i have the same sentiments. It's been 9 months since I moved down to Nashville from NYC, and 8 months of it have been pleasantly filled with learning an awesome martial arts style with a great group of people and from a wonderful teacher. I consider myself extremely lucky for finding Shifu Smyer and PongLai, for everyone's been friendly, supportive, and caring. It's hard moving to an area you've never set foot in before without knowing anyone or having anything to do outside of work. My training with PongLai as well as the bonds I've formed with everyone in the school have most definitely been the highlight of my time down here. I couldn't even begin to show my appreciation to those who have befriended me and look out for me.

Go Jim! Go Jim! It's your bir.......
    Sorry. Had to.
    Jake
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

Indeed

Having always wanted to be a student of the martial arts I too feel very fortunate to have had the world wash up Shifu Jim and Pong Lai on my shore.. He has always been open to me and my given situations and has spent much time and energy on me and his students. Who knows where I would be otherwise? I am very greatful for all he has done and continues to do to support and expand the worl of Tang Lang... And thank you Grady for you positive words, hope to see you around more......... Peace......
    JC
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent oppostion from mediocre minds" AE....

Talking Right on

Way to go, Yu Shan. It's great to hear the possitive feed backs!

Keep up the good work, my friend.

Warm regards

Mantis108
    Contraria Sunt Complementa

對敵交手歌訣

凡立勢不可站定。凡交手須是要走。千着萬着﹐走為上着﹐進為高着﹐閃賺騰挪為
    妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum

Grady

Thank you Sir for the kind words. We appreciated having you in our class last night. I know what we do is differant from your previous training. Hopefully things will work out that you can be a part of our club.

Thumbs up

Lao tze said great talent ripens late!
    Glade to see you have come into your own! Keep up the good works

Shang Wu

Thank you Shifu, I am grateful to you for opening this door for me. It all started with you!