Hi All,

How do you determine the best route to hit your opponent within the structure of Chi Sau?

Do you have a strategy? Do you just flow? I know that most WC/JKD practitioners tend to say they flow, but then you touch hands with them, and you can almost 'see' them thinking of what to do next.

I would be lying if I said I didn't have some form of strategy, I do. Yes, sometimes the hand 'just hits by itself' but more often then not, I feel something, and I then try to use what I feel.

As an example, I may feel that the opponent/training partner has poor structure in his fook sau position, I then do what I can do to capitize on that poor structure. That is strategy. When I mention this to some people, I get "No, you should just hit"...or "You should NOT be thinking at all"...that kind of stuff.

Better yet are the guys that just speak in 'maxims'. You know them, you ask them a question and they look at you knowingly with a "you poor dumb *******" look on there face and say "Ahhh..Receive what comes, follow what goes..blah, blah, blah" Come on, what kind of answer is that?

Thanks for any help you can share.

BIG Sean Madigan

[This message has been edited by Sean Madigan (edited 09-01-2000).]