Thread: the intrapment of filming!

the intrapment of filming!

hey guys,

i post alot about filming movies cause well thats what i do, recently i undertook a project, the concept was developed by myself and another, the film was mostly directed by me, despite a major mishap on the first day of filming(my so-called co-director, told me we would be having thirty extra and we only had five, when i asked him a few nights before did all the extras confirm he told me yes, on the shooting day he told me only five confirmed) i was not very happy, but i blamed myself i shoud've anticipated this, oh well. the next day was also very good(despite the fact that once again my co-director forgot to bring lights, but my quick witted and ever thinking dp brought his own) we shot at the apartment of a very good model friend of mind who is also an actress, great location, great shooting day the acting from the male lead(my co-director) was sub par at first, but after a few take it evened out, female lead(his girlfriend) was much better. we also shot some pick ups from the opening scene,i was able to shoot at this club for free, for one hour, because of his ****ing around we ended staying there for four hours (this is where all the proplems started) the next day which was also the last day of shooting was scheduled to shoot in jersey, that same night he planned a surprised birthday party for his girlfriend(which i said a few weeks before i would attend) this party was at a club called NA lounge a posh night club owned by ex-roc a fella ceo dame dash. before we left i told him to let me go home and change my cloths and i will meet them at the club, at this point he told me if a wasn't there at the surprise then for me not to come i said fine (truth be told i really didn't want to go because we were shooting the next day, so he gave me a great excuse) the next day we go to the location, i'm driving with my dp and my ad( who is one of my best friends, both of them) now this guy gives us the wrong directions and we're zipping around jersey for three hours only to find out we couldn't get the location, so we have to move to another location (this bad ass house out in jersey great location) now when we reached this location he jumps out of his runs up to me and starts yelling at me about all this non important crap about me not showing up to his girlfriends party(in front of our cast and crew might i ad) now ladies and gents i'm from the bronx, and usaully i would've knocked his punk ass out for such disrespect, but you just can't do that to people(not to mention he is relatively weak, with no physical ability whats so ever, yet he cast himself as the lead role in a action film) i quickly defused the situation by telling him this was not the time nor place and lets focus on business, so we got through that day, i really was not in the mood to direct anything but i'm a business man, and if i have work to do i do it. but after we finished that day, i decided i would quit the project(it was a feature film set to shoot in three shorts, my idea of course) now i was not compensated for this project nor was i under any contract so if i wanted to walk away i could, after i told him, he calls me saying i owe money to the person who invested in the film, i said how do i owe him anything no money was put in my hand, but him and the guy contnuied saying so, threating to sue me (even thou i knew and they knew there was no case) i told the kid(cause thats what he is regardless of his age he's a child) and the gentlemen (good guy really i have nothing bad to say against him) i left cause i felt disrespected and that the "kid" was very unprofessional and it wouldn't work out in the long run. now the "kid" owes my dp 275 dollars that he is unwilling to pay, every day i asked him how the footage came out he said great then after i left he said owe it was all crap and shaky, own his sight he made a trailer for the film, and said a whole bunch of bull**** about me without using my name, i watched it and he used every scene i shot directed and came up with( the fights were designed by myself and a kid by the name of jerry liau, he choreographed a truly fantastic fight that is the highlight of the whole film along with a great kill, i added into it) so without further adue i present to you the trailer for the hit:

http://www.blinky-productions.com/videos/thehit.mp4

P.S.

when he first told me his concept of the film i hung up on him cause he wanted to make a collateral, short film. i was the one who decided to build a better and more elaborate plot, which we both developed, from the origanal idea i put out.

hmmmm I'm only getting audio from that MP4

sorry!

DS, try this link maybe this will work,

http://blinky-productions.com/thehit.html

just click on view quick time trailer