Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: poisonous chinese medicine

poisonous chinese medicine

sure it can be right. lol

fenfen (the pet name for the drug they are speaking of) was removed from the US and Canadian markets because of risk of heart problems stemming from it's use and liver damage.

Everybody is different and will have different reactions to different substances.

Drugs are only withheld or released dependent upon the aggrigate reaction of all people who take them. There is a risk of damage r loss of life that is considered "acceptable" to drug manufactures.

For some less responsible, or less astute with research data companies, this risk is higher or lower than elsewhere.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyM.
    Answer: Mix your own herbal remedies.
    might be more dangerous than mixing drinks.

camphor in tiger balm and lots of other similar balms are supposed to be poisonous too. i'm not sure how much you'd have to use before it starts doing some damage though
    --- time is never wasted when your wasted all the time ---

many herbs are tainted

In the past 10 years or so many of the so called safe over the counter patent medicines have been tested and found to have many hidden drugs included in recipes as well as toxic residues of heavy metals and other chemicals.

Nothing wrong with reading a book and wanting to help yourself, but please get some advice from someone with training. i.e. an acupuncturist or chinese physician who can tell you exactly how to use patents and other herbs.

Way too many people in the US and North America as well as Europe seem to think that if one dose is good than 2 or 3 will be better.

People here have been talking about dit da jow for many years. Way too many people seem to think that its not a big deal to be using Ma Chien(strychnine) in dit da jow. This along with Aconite(Chuan Wu) are very toxic in minute amounts and can make you sick or kill you if they get into your blood stream.

be careful with herbs and talk to people who have been schooled. Its your health and you dont want to rish ruining it all for some myth or wivestale about the potency of certain herbs or formulae.

In Boston,

Dale Dugas

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas
    In the past 10 years or so many of the so called safe over the counter patent medicines have been tested and found to have many hidden drugs included in recipes as well as toxic residues of heavy metals and other chemicals.

Nothing wrong with reading a book and wanting to help yourself, but please get some advice from someone with training. i.e. an acupuncturist or chinese physician who can tell you exactly how to use patents and other herbs.

Way too many people in the US and North America as well as Europe seem to think that if one dose is good than 2 or 3 will be better.

People here have been talking about dit da jow for many years. Way too many people seem to think that its not a big deal to be using Ma Chien(strychnine) in dit da jow. This along with Aconite(Chuan Wu) are very toxic in minute amounts and can make you sick or kill you if they get into your blood stream.

be careful with herbs and talk to people who have been schooled. Its your health and you dont want to rish ruining it all for some myth or wivestale about the potency of certain herbs or formulae.

In Boston,

Dale Dugas

It's probably safe so long as you are clutivating chi at the same time. I know is dangerous if you use dit da jow in the western context - everyone knows that!

It is NOT safe to take poisons if you are "cultivating chi/qi". Hence the warnings.

Have you been watching too many movies or something? Poison will kill you no matter WHAT you do.

Brother, take heed and make sure if you use any medicine that you check it out with someone trained in Chinese medicine. There are a few brands that are clean, and much more expensive compared to the Chinese patents, but my health is the most important thing to maintain.

In Boston,

Dale Dugas

It is NOT safe to take poisons if you are "cultivating chi/qi". Hence the warnings.

Have you been watching too many movies or something? Poison will kill you no matter WHAT you do.

Brother, take heed and make sure if you use any medicine that you check it out with someone trained in Chinese medicine. There are a few brands that are clean, and much more expensive compared to the Chinese patents, but my health is the most important thing to maintain.

In Boston,

Dale Dugas
    You don't seem to understand that serious form of iron body training needs chinese medicine and a lot of it. You need heat and chinese medicine and total concentration.

V,

Actually I do know what it needs as I have been training in Iron Palm and Iron Vest for for over 15 years. I also have 1.5 years of training at New England School of Acupuncture under my belt. I use internal as well as external medicines and make them myself. I have never bought anything other than raw herbs which I have prepared myself knowing exactly what is in them. You dont make them, then you don't know what is in them.

Some of the herbs used in Iron Palm medicine are toxic to ingest, but are useful used topically to draw Qi as well as open the meridians in the body to allow Qi to flow unimpeded.. There are many poisions used externally. Ingesting poisons is totally different and anyone telling me that I have to ingest aconite or other poisons is nuts in my mind. Plenty of other herbs to use that can create the same effects without endangering your life. I have been shown how to prepare many of the poisonous herbs and make them useful as well as non toxic. usually one has to soak them in some form of acid(usually urine) or salt water solutions and then bake them over and over to shed the toxic chemicals yet leaving the ingrediant sought.

I opt for using more of the non poisonous herbs as well as using internal herbs to augment my external liniment.

hence many sifu who are trained in Iron Palm/Hand and Iron Vest are wary of teaching anyone these skills. what you see in the magizines is not the whole program.

Hope this helps.

In Boston,

Dale Dugas
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

V,

Actually I do know what it needs as I have been training in Iron Palm and Iron Vest for for over 15 years. I also have 1.5 years of training at New England School of Acupuncture under my belt. I use internal as well as external medicines and make them myself. I have never bought anything other than raw herbs which I have prepared myself knowing exactly what is in them. You dont make them, then you don't know what is in them.

Some of the herbs used in Iron Palm medicine are toxic to ingest, but are useful used topically to draw Qi as well as open the meridians in the body to allow Qi to flow unimpeded.. There are many poisions used externally. Ingesting poisons is totally different and anyone telling me that I have to ingest aconite or other poisons is nuts in my mind. Plenty of other herbs to use that can create the same effects without endangering your life. I have been shown how to prepare many of the poisonous herbs and make them useful as well as non toxic. usually one has to soak them in some form of acid(usually urine) or salt water solutions and then bake them over and over to shed the toxic chemicals yet leaving the ingrediant sought.

I opt for using more of the non poisonous herbs as well as using internal herbs to augment my external liniment.

hence many sifu who are trained in Iron Palm/Hand and Iron Vest are wary of teaching anyone these skills. what you see in the magizines is not the whole program.

Hope this helps.

In Boston,

Dale Dugas
    you need more than 15 yrs to train iron vest. My sifu also prepares the herbs himself, the recepies are a secret.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasquez
    you need more than 15 yrs to train iron vest.
    So it's no good until you're older.

And then it's only good if you're in certian positions and you're given time to warm up with your qigong exercises before the other guy hits you.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by IronFist
    So it's no good until you're older.

And then it's only good if you're in certian positions and you're given time to warm up with your qigong exercises before the other guy hits you.
    You don't usually become a master until you've trained for 30 to 40 yrs anyway. Chi kung techniques take time to set up, but you get much more power when you're ready.

Formulae and training

V,

I have been training for over 27 years so Im close to the 30 mark that you mentioned. Though I dont agree that you have to train in Iron Vest for over 15 years for it to become effective(that would be almost useless than from a practicial standpoint). Usually by that time you are able to be hit anywhere in your body and dissapate the strike so as to cause no harm. Also I find that Iron Vest training vamps up my Iron Palm training as well. I assume from building the qi and storing it in the major fascia of the body helps.

I have found that way too many people are into this whole secret herb thing. Chinese medicine is cheap as well as common. Only a few rare herbs are expensive, most are not. Most martial arts herbs have poisons in them that have to be prepared in a certain way with procedures or your going to get sick or poison yourself. Hence my original posting. The only secrets are to keep it out of fools' hands so they do themselves or others harm.

Most old school teachers will teach Dit Da healing skills along with fighting. Sadly many teachers today have none of this knowledge. That makes them only skilled thugs in my book. I was told you need to learn both sides of the coin, martial as well as healing to be considered a decent martial artist.

I count myself lucky to have acquired such knowledge. Learn all that you can from your Sifu that he has to offer, and then teach it when you understand it. Too much is kept in the dark when it can help so many.

Most of the time these days teachers use that secret herb thing to keep their students on a tight leash to buy from them and only them. Sad, but true in some cases.

Train well, V

Cheers,

Dale Dugas
    Last edited by Dale Dugas; 06-11-2005 at 05:58 AM.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

A solid primer on Chinese "Hit/Fall" sports medicine, with theory and recipes can be found in Tom Bisio's book - "A tooth from the Tiger's mouth".

Good posts BTW Dale, are you doing the Tui Na stuff at the
    school?

Best,
    Pete

V,

I have been training for over 27 years so Im close to the 30 mark that you mentioned. Though I dont agree that you have to train in Iron Vest for over 15 years for it to become effective(that would be almost useless than from a practicial standpoint). Usually by that time you are able to be hit anywhere in your body and dissapate the strike so as to cause no harm. Also I find that Iron Vest training vamps up my Iron Palm training as well. I assume from building the qi and storing it in the major fascia of the body helps.

I have found that way too many people are into this whole secret herb thing. Chinese medicine is cheap as well as common. Only a few rare herbs are expensive, most are not. Most martial arts herbs have poisons in them that have to be prepared in a certain way with procedures or your going to get sick or poison yourself. Hence my original posting. The only secrets are to keep it out of fools' hands so they do themselves or others harm.

Most old school teachers will teach Dit Da healing skills along with fighting. Sadly many teachers today have none of this knowledge. That makes them only skilled thugs in my book. I was told you need to learn both sides of the coin, martial as well as healing to be considered a decent martial artist.

I count myself lucky to have acquired such knowledge. Learn all that you can from your Sifu that he has to offer, and then teach it when you understand it. Too much is kept in the dark when it can help so many.

Most of the time these days teachers use that secret herb thing to keep their students on a tight leash to buy from them and only them. Sad, but true in some cases.

Train well, V

Cheers,

Dale Dugas
    But Iron vest is such a rare skill, i don't think the herbs are that common either.