Thread: 8 one-arm pullups video

Awesome performance. Impressive.
    Bao Tran, Certified CST Coach
    www.cstwarrior.typepad.com
    Your Success is our Success

Palm away grip! I never even thought to try one like that. I'll have to try it tomorrow.

The most I've ever done is one on each hand. I would do it sideways to the bar with an underhand grip so there was no shoulder stress.

Cheers to him for going all the way down. He's better at 1 hand pullups than most people I see are at 2 hand pullups.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Then you guys are going to love the Front lever PullUps posted the next day.
    http://www.crossfit.com/cf-video/frontleverpull.mpg
    A Problem is only a Problem if you think it is a Problem and every Problem has a solution

Don't worry about losing lass,I've been wrestling wolves since you were suckling on your mama's titt
    Groundskeeper Willy

D:

Coach Sommer told me that his new book(s) should be finished relatively soon.

Gynmasts do stuff like this all the time. When my daughter was a hard core gymnast, I've seen her do things like this in practice often.

I know weight lifterslike to "Think" they have the market cornered on strength development, but it's said that "Pound for pound Gymnasts are the strongest, best condidtioned athletes in the world"
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon
    Gynmasts do stuff like this all the time. When my daughter was a hard core gymnast, I've seen her do things like this in practice often.

I know weight lifterslike to "Think" they have the market cornered on strength development, but it's said that "Pound for pound Gymnasts are the strongest, best condidtioned athletes in the world"
    I think for raw strength they do corner the market. A friend of mine just saw a picture of Ronnie Colemen the current MR O., doing rear shoulder shrugs with 800lbs on the bar, pretty impressive. But for functional strength you have to give that to the gymnasts for sure, as they can do a whole lot more with their strength and power than just moving a object a few inches. It's all relative.

James

That first video was very impressive. I can do two like that and they don't look anywhere near as clean.

As for the weight lifter vs gymnast strength, it all depends on what you are using the strength for. If you want control over your own body weight, then gymnastic is easily the way to go. If you want to be lift heavy things and have the most power possible irregardless of power:weight ratio, then weight lifting owns gymnastics bar none. The task it's needed for determines if it's "functional" or not. I think it's be best if we all forgot that term since people rarely use it correctly.