Nathan Quarry vs. Shonie Carter

Light Heavyweight Bout
    Forrest Griffin vs. Bill Mahood

Heavyweight Bout
    Paul Buentello vs. Kevin Jordan

look for me in the stands

Are you going to post video?
    A unique snowflake

I was there last night. The fights were great, just a couple fights went to the judges. My highlight of the night was that spinning back kick Randy Cotoure was a great guy, he was kind of enough to take pics with everyone. Chuck was either too busy or didn't feel like it lol. I now know why a lot of people dislike Joe Rogan lol.
    Amithaba

Quote Originally Posted by Premier79
    I now know why a lot of people dislike Joe Rogan lol.
    Why? He always seemed like a c.ocky b.astard as the host of Fear Factor. Does it have anything to do with beaing a c.ocky b.astard?
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

LoL i was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt but he was a jerk off after all.
    Amithaba

So what was the outcome? Who won?
    As always, stay strong, and keep an open mind...

Quote Originally Posted by Premier79
    I was there last night. The fights were great, just a couple fights went to the judges. My highlight of the night was that spinning back kick Randy Cotoure was a great guy, he was kind of enough to take pics with everyone. Chuck was either too busy or didn't feel like it lol. I now know why a lot of people dislike Joe Rogan lol.
    I stood in the autograph line for an hour and they closed the line before I even got close. I think a lot of people must have pushed their way into the middle of the line because I dont' think we moved even halfway in an hour. Next time I go I'm going to get there really early and take a picture with absolutely ever fighter I see. Up close I saw Quarry and Swick on the walk to Boardwalk Hall, then Shonie, Rogan (ran by everyone but I'm sure he was busy), Buffer and Diego while waiting in the autograph line. I didn't get pictures with any of them (picture OF some of them)

The fights were good. I ended up gettting ****ty seats though. In the seating chart it looked like the seats would be perpendicular to the octagon (NOT, our heads were turned the whole time) and also they had a smudged plexiglass wall with a railing on top. It didn't obstruct my view but the two people I was with were screwed. One had to look around it, the other through it.

David Louiseau vs. Charles McCarthy

that was the fight of the night. Spinning back kick to flying knee.... DAYUM... it was pretty.

Paul Buentello vs. Kevin Jordan

I liked that one too - I could feel that right that he caught jordan with.

Matt Serra vs. Karo Parisyan

this one shocked me... it was an excellent fight, but you have a bjj black belt and a world class judo guy, and it was completely a striking match...

Evan Tanner vs. Rich Franklin

All I can say, is Tanner's got plenty of heart.

Nick Diaz vs. Koji Oishi

WTF was koji thinking? Did you see his guard? hands were wide open and his chin was up... he was asking to get KTFO. his strategy was odd too... trying to strike diaz's incoming punches wasn't smart.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

I had kinda crappy seats as well. I bought the tickets the day of the event. We were all the way in the back corner near the fighter's entrance. That was the only good thing about those seats.

I missed the Oishi fight, when we got to our seats Oishi was decked out on the floor. I hope I didn't miss anything exciting. The spinning back kick by McCarthy was surprising. I didn't think it had any effect till I saw Loiseau's face grimacing in pain. Much respect to Tanner, he was getting pounded but never quit. LoL I hope his face recovers.

I didn't make it to the autograph signing but after the event some of the fighters where near the ring taking pics and such.

There's a pic of Randy and I.
    Amithaba

I might stay afterwards and hang out next time I go. We bolted right at the end of the Arlovski fight. My roommate who went had gone out to a strip club in DC the night before and then had like 8 beers at the event and slept through the Serra/Parisyan fight.

You probably ended up with better seats It is hit and miss unless you go above $75. I know where not to sit there next time.

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar
    Matt Serra vs. Karo Parisyan

this one shocked me... it was an excellent fight, but you have a bjj black belt and a world class judo guy, and it was completely a striking match...
    Well, except for all that time Parisyan spent on the ground, passing Serra's guard, taking his back, going for armbars and rear naked chokes, and elbowing him.

Karo surprised me; after GSP completely shut him down on the ground, I had him pegged as a great thrower with a mediocre ground game. I don't think I gave him enough credit, probably because I didn't realize how good GSP is.

Nick Diaz vs. Koji Oishi

WTF was koji thinking? Did you see his guard? hands were wide open and his chin was up... he was asking to get KTFO. his strategy was odd too... trying to strike diaz's incoming punches wasn't smart.
    And somehow, this guy has a win over Chris Lytle. WTF?
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

Quote Originally Posted by FatherDog
    Well, except for all that time Parisyan spent on the ground, passing Serra's guard, taking his back, going for armbars and rear naked chokes, and elbowing him.

Karo surprised me; after GSP completely shut him down on the ground, I had him pegged as a great thrower with a mediocre ground game. I don't think I gave him enough credit, probably because I didn't realize how good GSP is.
    ummm... yeah... there was that part too... He had a nice harai goshi thrown in also. I wasn't giving him any credit on groundwork either.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

So why do a lot of people dislike Joe Rogan?
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.