View Poll Results: What do you think of Chuck Norris and the Total Gym?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chuck Sucks, but the Total Gym is rad.

1 3.57%
  • Chuck's sweet, Will flip out and kick you in the head, but the Total Gym blows donkey

11 39.29%
  • Chuck suck total gym suck all suck

9 32.14%
  • Chuck is sweet, Total Gym will rip you to shreds

7 25.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chuck Norris sucks as a Martial artist: agree/disagree?

Chuck Norris sucks as a Martial artist: agree/disagree?

thoughts please.
    Last edited by fa_jing; 06-03-2005 at 03:17 PM.

ok, can't edit the poll from here, but I'm sure we'll have %100 agreement anyway on the option I was going to post - that what'shername is still slamming and one hot mama, love to watch those Total Gym ads for hours on end.

Total Gym is crap, and Chuck is a lousy, lousy actor. But he fought in Full Contact Karate tournaments back when that was pretty much it for non-boxing fights, and when the UFC demonstrated the necessity for a ground game he started training BJJ with the Machado brothers. He certainly doesn't suck as a martial artist.
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

Chuck Noris said one of the funniest quotes I've ever heard.

He said "Van Damme's about as good of a martial artist as I am an actor."

lol

I like Chuck Norris. The Total Gym is a piece of s.hit, but I think he's good at Karate, and he was especially good back in the day.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

I can't judge the guy on what he does to make a living.
    I can judge him on what he's acheived as an individual, and how he's used his name for good.

Go Chuck.
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Originally posted by SifuAbel
    OMG, some body got a DNA sample from the burnt carcass of the last dead horse, separated the live cells, cloned another horse, watched it grow, let it come to maturity and then
    PROCEEDED TO BEAT IT TO DEATH , AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

Chucks done a -lot- of good in Texas, with his Kick Drugs martial arts program, as well as being a general positive role model.

He parlayed his skills into a successful career. A highly paid one, at that. Which means he's a better martial artist that 95% of the forum members.

Can he fight? I don't know. He was a champion back in the 1970s. If he's kept up his practice, he can probably handle himself.
    SevenStar: It's hilarious seeing people's reactions when they see a big, black dude with a sword walking toward them.

Masterkiller: Especially when they're at the ATM.

WTF? How did we go from the White Haired Devil strangling and beating guys to death in a teahouse, to Mr Miyagi and Jhoon Rhee?

He said "Van Damme's about as good of a martial artist as I am an actor."
    I think he said that about David Carradine, not JCVD.

A champ back in the day, popularising MA through movies, keeping training all these times. Pretty cool IMO.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Chuck is one of the greats. A serious martial artist who still had fun with his career.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by rogue
    Chuck is one of the greats. A serious martial artist who still had fun with his career.
    Indeed.

I mean, can anyone else here say they had their chest hair pulled out in a clump and blown onto the Colloseum floor by Bruce Lee?

I rest my case.

P.S. Polls a load of crap btw.
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Originally posted by SifuAbel
    OMG, some body got a DNA sample from the burnt carcass of the last dead horse, separated the live cells, cloned another horse, watched it grow, let it come to maturity and then
    PROCEEDED TO BEAT IT TO DEATH , AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

Chuck is THE man...he is a great martial artist, not just because of his tournament achievements but also because of his other work (Kick Drugs out of America)...the woman I work for met him...

This is from a comic book I found under my bed...yeah I know I spelled "pw3ned" incorrectly...
    "Ooh! Look at these two hot chickens. Finkel wants some dinkle. Give it to him. Huh. Come on, Do it. Lay it on, right here. Do it. Do it." - Maury Finkle, founder of Finkle Fixtures, biggest lighting fixture chain in the Southland

First off, I'd like to say that I disagree mainly with the title of this thread because personally, I'm not judgemental of anyone's level of martial arts practice. How far one wants to go is up to them. As for Chuck, I don't think that he's pretended to be anything that he's not (more than I can say for alot of TCMA guys).

Why would anyone have to ask if Chuck sucks anyway (as if anyone on this forum has the right to judge...lol). He's accomplished a hell of alot more than most Chinese so-called "masters" who have no credentials whatsoever ( oh yeah....they beat many western boxers back when they were young.....yeah right!....don't seem to remember Jack Dempsey ever having any Chinese challengers).

I don't understand why someone like Chan Tai San immediately gets your respect (based on no proof that you've ever seen) while you have to ask yourselves whether some American who HAS proven himself sucks or not.

Why dont you ask if Tai Yim or Lily Lau sucks?

As for the total gym.....never tried it.

This is from a comic book I found under my bed...yeah I know I spelled "pw3ned" incorrectly...
    Attached Images OWNED.jpg (58.1 KB, 7 views)
    Haha, crazy... I bought one Chuck Norris comic my entire life, and it's that exact same issue

re

Quote Originally Posted by FatherDog
    Chuck is a lousy, lousy actor. But he fought in Full Contact Karate tournaments...
    A lousy person too. His show is an insult to all Southern working class people. Like his buddy "W", he's not from Texas but tries to pass himself off as one of us. I don't think he was ever a full contact fighter either.

I'm sorry everyone...

I've let you all down...I turned my house upside down looking for my Chuck Norris action figures...I had like 3 different Chucks, that big sumo dude, and a few ninjas...I could not find them...but I haven't let that stop me from showing you some of the highlights from stuff that I DID find

Haha, crazy... I bought one Chuck Norris comic my entire life, and it's that exact same issue
    Same here...what are the odds? Maybe they didn't make very many of them...looking through it, unfortunately there are no adds for lazer tag, just a few for Bonkers Chewy Candy (w/ that Hulk ripoff) and Party Popples?

...enjoy:
    "Ooh! Look at these two hot chickens. Finkel wants some dinkle. Give it to him. Huh. Come on, Do it. Lay it on, right here. Do it. Do it." - Maury Finkle, founder of Finkle Fixtures, biggest lighting fixture chain in the Southland

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich
    I think he said that about David Carradine, not JCVD.
    Was it? Maybe I got it wrong.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.