View Poll Results: What do you think of Chuck Norris and the Total Gym?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chuck Sucks, but the Total Gym is rad.

1 3.57%
  • Chuck's sweet, Will flip out and kick you in the head, but the Total Gym blows donkey

11 39.29%
  • Chuck suck total gym suck all suck

9 32.14%
  • Chuck is sweet, Total Gym will rip you to shreds

7 25.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chuck Norris sucks as a Martial artist: agree/disagree?

My uncle fought in a tournament against chuck....

He got the ever living 5hit beat out of him. I belive chuck can truely romp ass.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

Greetings..

Normally, i don't bother with these sorts of threads, but.. I have met Mr. Norris several times and was at the Battle of Atlanta when he was dominating his division.. he is a very capable fighter and shakes off a knockout hit that have most others eating canvas.. i own and use the Total Gym, it rocks.. it allows you to adjust position, resistance and range of motion at almost every level, it only needs a creative mind to realize its unefulness.. Mr. Norris "walks the walk", more than most..

Oh, it was JCVD he referenced in the abovementioned quote, during an interview with Howard Stern..

Be well..
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

Strongly Agree.
    Bless you

Greetings..

Chuck is not going to win any awards for acting, and he admits that.. but, i think his appeal is in the message he promotes.. kind of a western WuDe..

cjurakpt: considering the original post and this follow-up..
    it's interesting how many of you have the time to get indignant over something so peripheral to the post and to this forum in general
    It is equally "interesting" that anyone has the time to be concerned with Chuck's acting ability or to suppose that anyone else does either.. and, by the way, your title of the thread is contrary to the clarification you have just introduced.. so, i have to wonder what the actual motive of this thread is.. My own motive for replying was to offer personal insight of a man that was taking some unfounded criticism from other posters.. Now, i think i'm just hearing voices from under the bridge..

Be well..

Greetings..

cjurakpt: Humble apologies, i was mistakenly under the impression you had started this thread.. which may justify a certain criticism of my reading skills.. However, Mr. Ross' criticism of my reading skills was as misplaced as his ego.. he simply failed to communicate in a reasonably logical manner..
    c) so, if you're going to try to be clever with smarmy comments like "voices under the bridge" (what does that mean ANYWAY? good grief - at least make allusions to things that are culturally contextual), I suggest you be a bit more circumspect in your analysis of the text in question...
    Well, here' a hint.. did you ever read "Billy Goat Gruff"? An applicable allusion to themes like someone's acting ability..

I now consider this thread deceased.. Be well..

In summary.

cjurakpt made some flippant comments abour Chuckie on another thread, a thread most of those responding to thisthread are unaware of (myself included).

This could potentially end up in a flame fest, or we could all let it die, and move on to more productive topics?

cjurakpt clearly did not wish his comments re Chuck Norris to be interpreted outside of the context of the thread he posted them in originally.

This is a '**** stirring' Troll thread, which should die a quick death.
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Originally posted by SifuAbel
    OMG, some body got a DNA sample from the burnt carcass of the last dead horse, separated the live cells, cloned another horse, watched it grow, let it come to maturity and then
    PROCEEDED TO BEAT IT TO DEATH , AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

man chuck was the man back in the day and has done a lot of positive stuff for kids, communities and had some good television shows. like someone said he hasnt tried to be something he's not. hes a good martial artist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

P.S. The End.
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Originally posted by SifuAbel
    OMG, some body got a DNA sample from the burnt carcass of the last dead horse, separated the live cells, cloned another horse, watched it grow, let it come to maturity and then
    PROCEEDED TO BEAT IT TO DEATH , AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

I always quite liked him myself. Like his movies too... I mean they're terrible but so are most movies you see, and although I can't say I like the way he moved too much at least they are MA movies! Pretty much like watching a Western, with even less intellectual engagement!

But as for all you people whinging about how he shouldn't be criticised, you should lighten up! EVERYBODY in the public sphere is criticised! And with movies as bad as his and the dodgy facial hair combo to boot, what the hell do you expect!

And LMAO off at whoever said that he'd made money doing what he did which made him a better MAist than 95% (or some other spurious figure) of us... whaaaaaat ! I didn't get into MA for making money, and I don't remember my gradings, blood and sweat being rated on money either... if it were about making money I would just go and use my superior MA skills to mug weak people!

Talking

"then for some reason, someone else decided to start another thread about my admittedly hasty comment"

Blood in the water! I'm just happy we have a major figure to debate that isn't Bruce Lee!

LOL at people making up arguements with me when I haven't said anything.

BTW, there were smilies at the beginning of this thread. If you disable smilies, maybe it is because you have something against smilies and the smilies attacked you in the woods when you were younger and you want to kill, kill, kill the smilies!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb
    man chuck was the man back in the day and has done a lot of positive stuff for kids, communities and had some good television shows. like someone said he hasnt tried to be something he's not. hes a good martial artist.
    he had a few schools too. I used to train at one of them as a kid.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

he had a few schools too. I used to train at one of them as a kid.
    Really? That's cool! What was it like? Was he ever at the school?
    "Ooh! Look at these two hot chickens. Finkel wants some dinkle. Give it to him. Huh. Come on, Do it. Lay it on, right here. Do it. Do it." - Maury Finkle, founder of Finkle Fixtures, biggest lighting fixture chain in the Southland

he came by, but I never seemed to be there when he did. I only heard about it. The place was NICE. there were two huge training areas (one on each side of the hall), each had a curtain to separate them, essentially making four training areas. There were men's and women's locker rooms in the back. They gave the parents a handbook/folder containing all of the techniques you needed to learn for a given rank. It also contained an attendance sheet you could fill out, so you could keep track of when threoretically, your child would be ready for a test. they would fail people though - I knew of a few who failed their tests. The facility was awesome. I liked the instruction as well.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar
    they would fail people though - I knew of a few who failed their tests.
    thats good, i think. If you cannot perform what is required in a ranking invironment, you should not get promoted.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

I think Chuck has accomplished more in his martial carreer than most people ever will. He has influenced a great deal of people, and has promoted what he believes the entire way regardless of what people thought. He came from a rough childhood and made millions. Its the classic story, only he used martial arts to develop himself.

He is a lame actor, I think he is personally corny as he!!, but never-the-less, I will give the dude props for accomplishing what he did in his lifetime.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!