Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Mindset of a mantis fighter

Quote Originally Posted by mantisben
    I've heard from several sources that Professional Boxers get the cartilage from their noses removed, since most Professional Boxers will, eventually, get hit in the nose.

I've also heard that Professional fighters have to have their hands "Registered". I don't know if it is specifically their "hands", or if they just have to notify some "authority" that they're allowed to hit, only in extreme self-defense situations.

Maybe another myth?
    Sorry man, I really thought you were joking. Anyhow, I challenge you to find a source for either of those assertions. You won't... because they're both myths. Actually, the "registering" thing is a myth; someone was outright pulling your leg with the cartilage removal thing.

Do you have any idea what people look like after they lose thier septal cartilage? It's disgusting, check it out:

here!
    Last edited by Samurai Jack; 06-30-2005 at 12:11 AM.
    Bodhi Richards

Quote Originally Posted by Vasquez
    close range you can use eagle claw or tiger claw or dm but you don't believe in that

eagle and tiger claw are valid, but you still have no point. We already talking about that... pinching techniques from a clinch. It was actually a grappler who showed it to me though -did they get it from cma?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar
    eagle and tiger claw are valid, but you still have no point. We already talking about that... pinching techniques from a clinch. It was actually a grappler who showed it to me though -did they get it from cma?
    Pinching does not have depth. It;s just annoying. If its a 1 inch punch with a pheonix eye fist that's different. I've read Shum Lung's eagle claw book. He could crush porceline tea cups with his claw - now that's power. Bascially if someone grapples you, you just crush their forearm etc.

Pinching does not have depth. It;s just annoying. If its a 1 inch punch with a pheonix eye fist that's different. I've read Shum Lung's eagle claw book. He could crush porceline tea cups with his claw - now that's power. Bascially if someone grapples you, you just crush their forearm etc.
    Man,..you don't get it. as Oso said earlier on, the "pinch" is grabbing skin, muscle & whatever else may be there with your whole hand, crushing it & twisting as if to rip it off the body....not like pinching a waitresses behind in a truck-stop. The is a huge difference.
    How many identities does a Troll need?
    Didn't think I knew did you??
    I know a lot of things.
    You won't like me in person either.
    Confused?? Don't be.
    LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by BeiTangLang
    Man,..you don't get it. as Oso said earlier on, the "pinch" is grabbing skin, muscle & whatever else may be there with your whole hand, crushing it & twisting as if to rip it off the body....not like pinching a waitresses behind in a truck-stop. The is a huge difference.
    You need special training / conditioning to do this effectively.

Loosly translated form an old manual

The Inner Core of the Praying Mantis Boxer

The Inner Core of a strong Boxer consists of these elements:

A: The Nervous System

B: Hardness

C: Irritability Threshold (Control)

A: The Nervous System

The nervous system in one of the two most critical components in the core of a truly strong Boxer. It is the Boxers ability to perform in a conflict with a cool head and without nervousness, fear or flight.

B: Hardness

Hardness is the Boxers ability to recuperate from a conflict or to operate and recuperate after multiple attacks within one conflict.

C: Irritability Threshold (control)

The irritability threshold is the amount of psychological stress (not physical stress) the Boxer can withstand and keeping in control of his/her fight or flight instincts and determining what is a real threat and what response is appropriate.

Conclusion:

Overall, you can teach a student fighting using the praying mantis system, but you must start with or develop a strong inner core if the Mantis Boxer is ever to become an accomplished boxer. This must be the starting point.

It is my experience as an instructor that it is the boxer with the strong inner core who becomes the champion.

A fighter with a weak Inner Core can be compared to a house with a weak foundation. The house with the weak foundation may look very pretty but when it is attacked with the full ferocity of a storm it will crumble and fall like the Boxer with the weak inner core.

:)

Great imput mantid1..
    To some I have little character value. My friends know the truth. Guess which of the two I give two shiats about.

DISCLAIMER: Everything said by me in my posts should be taken with a grain of salt. All of my comments are mostly written in a sarcastic, juvenile manor. Any attempt at actually taking offense to what is said by me in my posts will be the sole responsibility of said reader.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...tofthejunk.jpg

You need special training / conditioning to do this effectively.

to grab skin? No you don't. And any no gi grappler is proficient in grabbing muscles. Now, to crush things, yes, that would take some training.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    why is anyone still arguing with Vasquez?

I'm still trying to figure out who he is though....
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

so am I...

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

the search is over

Vasquez is really..................ME.

It's just a ploy to get every one to pay attention to my post and it's a lot more fun when you argue with yourself because you always win.
    To some I have little character value. My friends know the truth. Guess which of the two I give two shiats about.

DISCLAIMER: Everything said by me in my posts should be taken with a grain of salt. All of my comments are mostly written in a sarcastic, juvenile manor. Any attempt at actually taking offense to what is said by me in my posts will be the sole responsibility of said reader.

you mean I spent time replying to all those PMs, and it was just YOU??!?!

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

:)

hee hee...

nah I don't know who it is either... could just be a new pain in the ass..

Quote Originally Posted by shirkers1
    hee hee...

nah I don't know who it is either... could just be a new pain in the ass..
    I try to give you good material on traditional kung fu and this is the sort of cr@p I get from you.

lol

I try to give you good material on traditional kung fu and this is the sort of cr@p I get from you.

I'll bite.....

Yeah this is the crap you're getting from me... Just returning the favor.