Thread: Kung Fu in Louisville

Kung Fu in Louisville

I have recently been told by a student he is moving to Louisville, Kentucky. Any information on schools in this area? In a perfect world, Mantis would be nice. I got a feeling he is heading into Shaolin Do country though. Thank you in advance.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by yu shan
    I have recently been told by a student he is moving to Louisville, Kentucky. Any information on schools in this area? In a perfect world, Mantis would be nice. I got a feeling he is heading into Shaolin Do country though. Thank you in advance.

Jim
    Yep, there's a SD school there. Don't know about the other schools in the area. I know some people there, so I'll ask if there's a mantis school or other kung fu there (besdies the SD).
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

I dunno how far Bowling Green is from Louisville, but this is there at least...

http://www.shaolinarts-ky.net/
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Here's what my friend said:

"I don't know of anyone teaching Mantis, but that doesn't mean there's not some little old Chinese guy teaching in his garage. Louisville is McDojo hell. There aren't any legit Chinese MA teachers here with the exception of a Hung Gar guy."

If your guy is interested in the Hung Gar, I'll get the information.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Try Impact Academy - run by my friend Mike Casto. He's mostly an FMA guy, with a heavy dose of Kun Tao. He's a really coach, if your student does not minf crossing the cultural bias divide...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

hm...that bowling green school states that it teaches southern mantis in the intermediate curriculum.

and this is classic:
    "Your Birthday Child will get to cut their cake like a Kung Fu Master... WITH A SAMURAI SWORD!
    Your child will also get to wear an honorary Black Sash For The Day!"

Quote Originally Posted by oasis
    hm...that bowling green school states that it teaches southern mantis in the intermediate curriculum.

and this is classic:
    "Your Birthday Child will get to cut their cake like a Kung Fu Master... WITH A SAMURAI SWORD!
    Your child will also get to wear an honorary Black Sash For The Day!"
    Kind of like the Chef's hat they give you at the Hibachi grill.

Hey I was never vouching for the business practices... only that they were there!

The head of their org is from Bucksam Kong's school. I based my mentioning the school on that merit. Bucksam Kong is top notch Hung Ga. The rest I can't comment on.

I'd heard of the Hung Ga guy there in Louisville. I think he was associated with Don Hamby (Bucksam Kong guy). If it's the same guy, he had a website (a year or so ago) but then it went away & I haven't seen it since.
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen
    Kind of like the Chef's hat they give you at the Hibachi grill.
    That's to good!!!
    RibHit
    “Being fast is fine but accuracy is everything.”
    Wyatt Erupt
    Feeling jumpy!!!
    Thread Killer...>>>
    Tommy M

Thanks guys

Appreciate everyones info. I`ll have Adam read this and wish him the best.

The Hung Gar guy is in a gym located on the east side of Louisville. Think there was a school associated with Dr. John Ng somewhere and a few Tai Chi groups one of which was weird but then again they may have thought the same thing about me. A Shaolin-Do school on the southside.
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching