Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: New Pope condems gays

Quote Originally Posted by lada
    Have you ever considered that you are being fed lies in order to weaken you or your family or your society? That kind of thing does happen. Read some history books.

I find it interesting that the Catholic Church as been an opponent of other world societies for control of the world. I find it interesting that in the entire world, only the Catholic church seems to have this problem of child abusers in their ranks. What is the liklihood of that?

I think it is much more likely that the Catholic church is the target of a plot to destroy their power. This has already taken place. Look at how much money the Catholic Church has paid out for these claims. Look at how most of the public views Catholics. As child abusers. Millions of people painted with the actions of maybe 20 of them.
    I would say this tends to corroborate the above claims. I think 1 billion dollars would destroy the power of just about any organization, don't you? All you have to do is look at who owns the media to determine who benefits from the constant attacks on the Catholic Church.

"The cost to the U.S. Roman Catholic Church of sexual predators in the priesthood has climbed past $1 billion, according to tallies by American bishops and an Associated Press review of known settlements.

And the figure is guaranteed to rise, probably by tens of millions of dollars, because hundreds more claims are pending.

Dioceses around the country have spent at least $1.06 billion on settlements with victims, verdicts, legal fees, counseling and other expenses since 1950, the AP found. A $120 million compensation fund announced last week by the Diocese of Covington, Ky., pushed the figure past the billion-dollar mark."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050609/...s/church_abuse

That's about the most retarded crap I have ever read. Let's get scores of people to pretend they've been molested so they can sue the RC church to destroy it.

I condem all of you. If you post on this forum you are going to hell. Unless you are a hot chick. All hot chicks go to heaven.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

Quote Originally Posted by FatherDog
    No.

It's never used in any circumstance in any Greek writings to refer to ****sexuals, ever.
    in my uneducated mind ****sexuals are "soft" so whether it was directed towards them or not, they would be included at a high rate along with "soft" heteros.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherDog
    Read Acts. The Mosaic law as a whole is rescinded.
    Fair enough.

Anyway, Paul tells women to cover their hair and that men shouldn't have long hair, that a woman should obey the man yadda yadda, he's far from my favorite Biblical writer. FWIW

To all - the actual percentage of active ****sexuals in this country is 2%, according to a military study that appeared in Time or Newsweek a few years back during the "don't ask, don't tell" years. Those that had had any ****sexual experience in their life was 7%. They found a number of personal cleanliness issues that are statistically more prevelant among ****sexuals but I personally will judge on a case-by-case basis - and the contributions some ****sexuals have made to the arts is irreplaceable.

well, I have had some uncomfortable moments with ghay men where I felt they crossed the line, but I have to be very grateful for the ghay. I was hanging out with a couple ghay guys and a chick I was trying to mac. And they goaded me into dancing and later making out with another chick at the same club, while the first chick was in another room. I went back to look for second chick the next day and ended up re-meeting a third chick who made a date with me 3 weeks before but stood me up. That lady is now my wife. Go Ghay!!

I don't know about Benedict the XVI condemning gays. I just know that I'm tired of starting threads about Plum Flower, or Secret Door Praying Mantis, only to have them hijacked by some twink (not that there's anything wrong with that), who wants to brag about how "HAAARD" his Shirfu is!

Quote Originally Posted by fa_jing
    in my uneducated mind ****sexuals are "soft" so whether it was directed towards them or not, they would be included at a high rate along with "soft" heteros.
    Sure. The terms are variously translated. I'm not sure of fatherdog's sources, but he's stating them perhaps too definitively [and yes - I'm guilty of the same]. Could be he's a linguist. I'm not.
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

Quote Originally Posted by ZIM
    Could be he's a linguist. I'm not.
    Nope - which is why when I was researching this, I asked linguists - specifically, a couple professors who teach classical greek. Always go for the linguists rather than the Biblical scholars - they're the ones without an axe to grind.
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

Greetings..

Considering the subjective nature of morallity and preference.. considering the obviously politicized versions of "God's Word".. i return to my Taoist conclusions, that design and function of the human body are fundamental elements of nature.. Taoists, accordingly, respect and follow the "natural" course of things.. to point out the exceptions to the rule in the "natural" world as a means to justify unnatural uses of the bodies we inhabit is not a valid persuasion for the notion.. the preceeding statement is not an indictment against the gay community, it is a statement of my own understanding of things.. i try to measure preference against pragmatism and desire against consequence.. As for biblical perspectives, dang good marketing, for one.. but, to derive meaning requires the individual to do substantial research and formulate their own opinions.. the greatest mistake of the "faithful" is to abdicate their personal relationship with their chosen deity in favor of someone else's interpretation (Priest, Preacher, Guru, Rabbi, etc...).. the "truth" is within each of us, the "illusion" is to search elsewhere for it..

Be well...
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

Cool

I would say this tends to corroborate the above claims. I think 1 billion dollars would destroy the power of just about any organization, don't you? All you have to do is look at who owns the media to determine who benefits from the constant attacks on the Catholic Church.

"The cost to the U.S. Roman Catholic Church of sexual predators in the priesthood has climbed past $1 billion, according to tallies by American bishops and an Associated Press review of known settlements.

And the figure is guaranteed to rise, probably by tens of millions of dollars, because hundreds more claims are pending.

Dioceses around the country have spent at least $1.06 billion on settlements with victims, verdicts, legal fees, counseling and other expenses since 1950, the AP found. A $120 million compensation fund announced last week by the Diocese of Covington, Ky., pushed the figure past the billion-dollar mark."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050609/...s/church_abuse
    Boo hoo. Don't be screwing the kids then.

What's even worse is that the Catholic church can buy it's way out of it and still have enough left over to keep benny in gold popemobiles in perpetuity.

The vatican surely makes a disgusting display of wealth in context to those it pities or is outraged by their poverty.

Is that a lie?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Smile

Besides. Who's gonna design our clothes and gardens? Wouldn't want any of the NASCAR folks doing it. No one single would ever score.

Without something on the outside to fight against, the only thing they'd be able to do is fight amongst themselves. This is hardly a new tactic among any human establishment that is nearing the end of it's power base. You create enemies to keep the cash flowing, to keep the population looking outwards and not inwards, and to keep yourself firmly planted where you are. Tiger claw guys aren't the only ones known for keeping a strong grip.

Takes all kinds, even the bigots.
    Many roads. One path.

Many styles. One art.

Many lineages. One practioner.

Some people don't want to hear reality. For personal reasons they cannot accept reality. Or because someone has filled them with lies and false concepts they will not accept reality.

I think the Catholic church and others are against gay because it is bad for people physically and mentally. The Catholic Church and others are trying to save people from themselves. Just like saving a drug addict from heroin addiction, the people doing the saving get nothing but grief for their goodwill.

If you look at the idea of gay, it is trivial to explain why gay is bad for people.

Do you know what redundant means? It means when something is designed with a backup in case the first one goes bad. A submarine has redundant air systems so if the first one goes bad, the second one takes over and keeps the submariners alive.

The human body is redundant. This is a trivial idea. The human body has 2 sides, everyone knows that. If the right side goes bad, the left side can still keep you going. If the left side goes bad, the right side can still keep you going.

I think it is common sense to accept that a human being using both sides would be superior to a human being using only one side. The human body has two sides for a reason. Newton's laws of motion tell us that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. If you right side moves, your left side HAS to move according to Newton's law.

What happens to a person who is only one sided? They can still move sure. The human body is an amazing piece of machinery. But will it work 100%? No. Will it work 90 or 80 or 70 or 60 percent? No. The body would only work at 50% because one half, either the right or the left half, is not working right.

Do you think a person who is only 50% is a healthy person? No. This person will be in pain all of the time. They have pain from the stong side of the body dragging the weak side of the body everywhere. Is a person in pain a healthy or happy person? No. Do they contribute to society? Yes they do but in a limited way. In a lesser way than a person who is 100% and uses both right and left sides of the body.

You are not going to like this but as a grown adult who faces the consequences of their actions, you must accept it whether you like it or not.

****sexual means one sex doesn't it? It is used to mean same sex usually but the prefix **** means one, right?

A ****sexual person is a person how is using only one half of their body. That is why the term ****sexual was invented. **** = One = One side of the body. The term tells you exactly how gay people will end up crippled.

People are allowed to do whatever they want. If a person chooses to be gay and have their body damaged like this, that is their choice as adults. But to go around telling people, especially gullible children, "Go Gay, there is nothing wrong with it", is an irresponsible and outright malacious thing to do.

If someone said, "Being gay can cause you to end up with only one strong arm ,one strong leg and one strong eye. You will suffer Alzheimers symptoms, heart problems, breathing problems, you might develop a lisp in your speech", no one would listen to them. Who in their right mind would voluntarily become crippled? There would not be any TV shows making heroes out of crippled people would their? No one would want to hold up crippled people as role models for balanced people to emulate, would they?

People like me or the Catholic church want what is best for society as a whole and what is best for the individual. Going gay and maybe becoming a cripple, a burden to society or yourself, is not good.

We don't say what we do because we are haters, or ignorant people who don't know what they are talking about. It is not because we are intolerant or that we want things our way. It is because we care and want what is best for you that we say what we do.

This is easy to prove to an open minded person. Please don't start yelling hater and that other stuff. Any open minded person can prove to themselves that many gay people are crippled as described. There are other causes for the same symptoms but I have found the most common correlation is with gay people.

Greetings...

Some people don't want to hear reality. For personal reasons they cannot accept reality. Or because someone has filled them with lies and false concepts they will not accept reality... We don't say what we do because we are haters, or ignorant people who don't know what they are talking about. It is not because we are intolerant or that we want things our way. It is because we care and want what is best for you that we say what we do.
    .. Now, what supports the notion that you know what is best for anyone? If you offer the "cure" and someone politely declines, it is concluded.. or, it should be.. persistence to the point of annoyance is a trademark of evangellicals.. You claim tolerance, but reject someone's right to freely choose their own destiny.. this is a contradiction.. while i may not agree with someone's choice, i will defend their right make that choice if it does no harm..

"Or because someone has filled them with lies and false concepts they will not accept reality..." i certainly hope this is not a statement made by a Catholic, that would simply fly in the face of absurd..

Be well..
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

Thumbs down

Speaking of Reality . . .

according to the dictionary "h o m o" means SAME not one.

that whole post of yours is loaded with a bunch of ignorant assumptions and a fundimental lack of understanding at least one word that could easily be looked up.

Glass houses and thrown stones and all that. It seems like you crafted a line of arguement specific to your assumptions and attempt to dress it up as some sort of objectively developed piece of reasoning. I challange you to find ONE source for the claim that
    "If a person chooses to be gay and have their body damaged like this, that is their choice as adults"

Or is this along the lines of Masturbation will make you go blind?

"Being gay can cause you to end up with only one strong arm..."

Puuuuleeese . . . Well, there's only one activity I can think of that would make one arm stronger than another and it's an exercise I hear both "Hetero" and "h o m o" adolecent boys partake in . . .

So you're h o m o sexuals are 50% people?

is think like when slaves and former slaves where considered twothirds of a man?

how about gender? how about people who are left handed?

If a left handed black woman was gay would she then fall into negative percentages? -30% human.

Then you using Newtonian physics to explain how someone's hand and arm moves? WTF?

So.. how about smoking. Is smoking a sin? it is certainly something that humans do that you won't find anywhere in nature? Certainly the human body was not designed to process inhaled smoke. While it's proven that doing so will cause damage to the human body does this mean that people who choose to "smoke" anything are "lesser" people? What % do thay loose per cigerette?

man . . . I better stop here. I got better things to do.