Thread: Kun Lun style from Song Shan area

Kun Lun style

does anybody know this art or anything about it's history?
    Last edited by YuanZhideDiZhen; 06-04-2005 at 09:12 PM.

I thought Kun Lun was the fabled tibetan hidden/forbidden city. The Marvel comics hero Iron Fist had supposedly learned his skills there.

Not supposedly... he did learn his skills there & attained the power of the Iron Fist while there by killing a dragon...

Now rather or not HE exists... that's different...
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

****, 'yall've been kinda bored since i've been gone. didn't realize you liked having me around so much.

maybe if i took off this pork chop...

Quote Originally Posted by brothernumber9
    I thought Kun Lun was the fabled tibetan hidden/forbidden city. The Marvel comics hero Iron Fist had supposedly learned his skills there.
    from what i've been able to find it is more of a region than a city, although it does contain a few villages. also i heard from another person that it is famous for being a post cultural revolution gathering spot for religious types from all over china and vietnam, laos, cambodia and bhutan. the region is actually north of tibet into the arid mountains of western china.

brothernumber9: are you the ninth son of a late Hong stylist?

Kulun pai has influenced many differing martial arts according to legend. From Meihuazhuang in Hebei to BakuaQuan in Shaanxi and Kunlunquan in Mei county in Guangdong.

It is also said that the practitioners of this sect were mostly wiped out. In ancient times (again just legend) the sect stood along Wudang, Emei, Shaolin, Nanyue etc as major divisions. But a few chinese films or novels would propagate such a mysticism.

Below is some excerpt of Kunlunquan.(A master Huang from Shandong apaparently passed it on)

昆仑拳是旧时由一位走江湖的黄辉龙老师傅传授,黄师傅原籍山东省省济南市人,年龄虽已60多岁,但他白天奔 跑市、镇、乡村卖药,晚上传授技艺,由于当时官府有 “禁武令”,传艺只好闭门偷偷摸摸地进行,三更起练,五更收场,以免招祸,故传习的人数不多。
    解放后,昆仑拳得以新生,建国以来在丰顺传授昆仑拳的有丘展华师傅。
    昆仑拳流传丰顺、揭阳、揭西,近年来深圳、珠海两市均有传人。
    昆仑拳的风格特点:眼巧、心灵随变化,要求练习者,攻击时凶猛、刁滑,讲究吞、吐、浮、沉,每发招出手均要 向对手要害部位攻击,桩马较高,发招呼气收招吸气。
    昆仑拳的拳术套路:(1)卫士坝关(2)回门八打(3)八挂(4)九滚十八打(5)地躺(6)虎豹双刑(7 )喜鹊双枝(8)二度梅
    器械套路:(1)枪(2)单刀(3)春秋刀(4)板凳(5)剑(6)戟(7)勾镰枪(8 )条棍(单头)(9)双头棍:乌龙棍、步步连棍、绿竹棍、龙凤棍(10)匕首(11)耙头(1 2 )九节鞭(13)三芦棍(14)双刀(15)铁尺
    双打套路:(1)空手对打 (2)短棍对打
    (3)双刀对打 (4)棍对板凳

WOW! An Hao!

i have a friend who's family disappeared while trying to escape into bhutan. some were said to have made it to tibet. an anthropologist familiar with them said they had taken residence in small groups of three and were forced to marry into local populations.

what i'm particularly curious about is some forms i've seen on video that were supposed to be from this region but contained slightly obfuscated forms from another sect: the major elements of the frms were there but not in the specific manner characteristic of thier sect, as if they were forced to perform to prove they were not the sect in question. do you know of anything along these lines? can you confirm or deny what i've been told?

the text you presented is nice and somewhat relevant to my interest. do you know when it was transferred or the context of transferrance? is the full version still in print? i may have seen that a while back in a translated form. if i'm not mistaken it tells a story of some guys going out on a ridge and rolling a rock down on some others?
    Last edited by YuanZhideDiZhen; 06-07-2005 at 11:22 PM.

Kun Lun is near the Himalayas one of the mountain ranges in a land of mountains that include the Tian Shan (Heaven Mountain) area. Kun Lun, like Wu Dang, has a mystical air to it. The martial arts from this area are traditional, old and have a distinctive flavor: loose but powerful. Certain key associations of the Kun Lun styles are the famous Kun Lun needles, a weapon supposedly developed for swimmers during navel battles, and the even more famous Wild Goose Chi Kung memorializing the wild geese sighted around the Kun Lun peaks.
    http://www.plumpub.com/sales/vcd3/coll_kunlunboxing.htm

I have the Bandit Fist vcd... Personally, I think the guy looks a bit like he's been drinking. I can't tell if it's intentional, lol.

thanks brad.

the circumstances of a lot of thier videos (produced by the chinese government in the 70's) are often under gun or in camps/seminars for the immediate preservation of thier lifeways for militaristic wisdom.

None of these were produced in the 70's, what are you talking about?