Thread: OT: Web and Code heads

Hybrid View

OT: Web and Code heads

Hey all.

If you are a web designer, graphic designer, coder or some such other related fanatic, I encourage you to come and exchange your skills and knowledge in the field with others who are like minded.

I am trying to establish a membership in my shiny new discussion forum in regards to this topic. It's not a kungfu site, it's a web/print/design/codehead site and I hope it fills up with useful tips, tricks and info for anyone looking for definitive answers to their queries.

For all martial arts related postings, I encourage you to remain here!

But if you are a novice at websites and want to learn more, or want to show your stuff and get critiqued or what not, then come and join up today!

Go here:

Http://www.davidjamieson.com/yabb
    Kung Fu is good for you.

p'shaw. Front End developers.

pfft, backend l33tists!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I'm primarily a C# guy. I do mainly asp.net stuff right now, but I do desktop and windows service applications as well. My VB6 is pretty rusty, but wouldn't be hard to refresh my memory on some of that stuff.

My other skills include:
    Cold Fusion (don't get me started on that language)
    T-SQL
    ASP (JScript and VBScript)
    Photoshop (very well versed)
    Javascript/DHTML
    HTML (I hand code, but I am very familiar with macromedia dreamcrusher....uh...dreamweaver).

So do I have the job or what?
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

Yuk! Your site is done in Perl? That must take forever to get anything done.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

It's a yabb board. You can get it in cgi or perl. I opted for perl because, what the hell, it's easy to use, and so is cgi, so it was just a simple decision. My host server is linux so no asp .NET stuf etc etc.

My site is done with varying techs. A blended solution if you will.
    Not looking for any employees, just looking for peeps to help out other peeps who want to code their own sites, have questions, have stuff to show etc etc.
    Kung Fu is good for you.