Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boston SanDa KungFu - OPEN

Thumbs up Boston SanDa KungFu - OPEN

On my way out the door to pick up Occupancy Permit for new gym space at Boston Planning/Zoning Dept.

So we are now Officially open for business!
    Boston SanDa KungFu
    80 Bedford Street, 2nd (top) Floor
    Boston
    Near S.Station and Downtown Crossing on edge of Chinatown & Financial District.
    Offer SanDa , will also be starting traditional Tai Chi Chuan classes, some Wushu classes (mostly for kids) and Capeiroa (better learn to spell it soon..) classes in September.

See website for details - www.boston-kickboxing.com or www.marvinperry.org
    Class tonight at 6:30
    Feel free to stop by!

-Chris

Congratulations!

Wishing you and your school much luck and prosperity!!!

USKSF North Region: www.usksfnorth.org

Dear lord, another fake San Da place run by a FOB Chinese guy who was a dish washer back home! Do we really need another one of these

Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc
    Do we really need another one of these
    Like a hole in the head, i suppose...
    (which may very well happen when i spar Marvin )

We're all very psyched though!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SaekSan
    Wishing you and your school much luck and prosperity!!!
    Thank you SaekSan!

Quote Originally Posted by MutantWarrior
    Offer SanDa , will also be starting traditional Tai Chi Chuan classes, some Wushu classes (mostly for kids) and Capeiroa (better learn to spell it soon..) classes in September.

-Chris
    what kind of wushu? Traditional or contemporary. Who's teaching that class?

it's about time you guys got a new space open, I mean, it was way too weird having NO Boston fighters at San Da events, sort of like X-mas with no Catholics, or a Bar-B-Q with no meat
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Yep. We're baaaaaack, mwahahbahahaha >:-)

Congratulations Mutant that's great.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by shuaichiao
    what kind of wushu? Traditional or contemporary. Who's teaching that class?
    Contemporary wushu for now (not my personal favorite...) but we may add traditional down the road (we have a sort of eclectic mix of different traditional CMA backgrounds) once we get settled in and develop the program more.

The wushu class will be a beginner class to start off, taught by Ming Tung (one of Yao's old instructors) . Ming has been talking to one of Nick Gracenin's top guys about coming to Boston to take over that role, and he even spoke with Nick when he was in town last month about some kind of collaboration. We're really still working out the details and schedule for the non-sanda programs and trying to figure out what will work and be successful. We're open to imput too, any comments or suggestions from you guys would be helpful.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by rogue
    Congratulations Mutant that's great.
    Thanks rogue, I really appreciate that

We're open to imput too, any comments or suggestions from you guys would be helpful.
    How are you guys w/ kids? If you don't have much experience in dealing with them, I can send give you a whole messload of tips...I'm no power ranger, but I'm pretty good w/ them...what ages is the wushu open to?
    Last edited by Akhilleus; 06-03-2005 at 08:08 PM.
    "Ooh! Look at these two hot chickens. Finkel wants some dinkle. Give it to him. Huh. Come on, Do it. Lay it on, right here. Do it. Do it." - Maury Finkle, founder of Finkle Fixtures, biggest lighting fixture chain in the Southland

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Akhilleus
    How are you guys w/ kids? If you don't have much experience in dealing with them, I can send give you a whole messload of tips...I'm no power ranger, but I'm pretty good w/ them...what ages is the wushu open to?
    Hey man, thanks.

Actually, none of us really have much experience dealing with them... I taught a weekend kids kungfu class for a while like 8 years ago, and i recall that it was kinda fun, kinda frustrating, and kinda pointless because there was only one kid that got anything at all out of it. I was doing it as a favor for someone and bailed as soon as I could.

Not sure about the exact ages yet, i guess whatever age the moms are willing to pay us to teach. Probably around 8-12??? It will be an afternoon class before the real stuff starts. I may help on the weekends, and my wife may help with some of the kids stuff sometime too. I think Marvin might actually teach the class for a while, at least to start off. Now that could be interesting, LOL!

We'll also have lunchtime cardio-based class too, for the worker-bees downtown.

Yeah Akhilleus, any tips you could give me (us) would be great!
    You could PM me if you don't feel like describing all your diaper-kungfu tricks to the board
    Last edited by MutantWarrior; 06-03-2005 at 09:05 PM.

i recall that it was kinda fun, kinda frustrating, and kinda pointless because there was only one kid that got anything at all out of it.
    LOL...tell me about it...but there are ways to make it less frustrating, and have them get more out of it...coincidentally, I had to type up a bunch of ideas for a kids' program anyway for a meeting I have coming up for one of the school's I teach at...I'll send you a copy, hopefully this weekend...I've been teaching kids for years so I've learned a lot by trial and error, and by talking to some of the most succesful people in the business, but I still have a lot to learn...
    "Ooh! Look at these two hot chickens. Finkel wants some dinkle. Give it to him. Huh. Come on, Do it. Lay it on, right here. Do it. Do it." - Maury Finkle, founder of Finkle Fixtures, biggest lighting fixture chain in the Southland

is there a beef between yao and jason yee. My friend told me they did. I just thought jason wanted his own place when we moved.