Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gonna be a cop, Hooray for me!!

Gonna be a cop, Hooray for me!!

After several years of long drawn out selection processes, slow progress, and a couple rejections, I've finally gotten hired by a good police department in SoCal. They're sending me to the LA County Sheriff's police academy in a week. I'll hit the streets probably in a little less than half a year. Probably won't get to fight in the ring much anymore (don't wanna risk injuries that will affect my ability to do my job) but I'll never stop training, and I'm sure I'll put my skills to productive use out on the streets. Don't worry, I won't use dim mak unless its a life or death emergency

Congrats man. Good luck
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

wow congratulations

remember to palm strike people rather than knuckle them. that way you will look less violent if u ever get sued for brutallity.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Congrats man

I was a cop in DC for a while before I moved back home. The cops in DC know how to milk the system, so I am going to share with you and everyone else on the forum some in the door police secrets no one out side the "thin blue line" know about (all are real, I have made-up none)

1. If you get injured at home, hide it until your next day at work, then tell everyone you fell while on duty. That wasy you can collect your full pay without dipping into sick leave

2. If you don't feel like going on a run, just tell dispatch you are there. Then wait 5 minutes. Then call bakc and say "nothing found"

3. When sleeping in the squad car, make sure you back into a spot where no one can sneak up behind you.

4. If you want free food at 7-11 the trick is, don't ask for it just take it.

---Maybe some more later.

BTW, before everyone thinks I was a scumbag cop, these were what I was showed by my training officers or taught at the academy....and people wonder why crime is so high in DC
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

Heh, heh. I was an Army cop myself. Glad I got out.... Good luck DR.
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

Pig

Heh, heh, *snort!*
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

hehe, you guys are funny. thanx for the advice Green Cloud. I'll keep it in mind

Just do us all a favor, dont be a puss. Dont turn your back on the real crime like so many officers do, due to fear. Truly stand up for what you believe to be justice.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Yea, and don't hassle people if they're only carrying a small amount of pot or using/growing for personal use .... and don't bother people for not wearing a seat belt and what not or riding their skateboard down the boardwalk even though you're not supposed to but no one was around anyway and don't be a pain in the a$$ if someone's only double-parked for a brief second or well, how bout just busting people who are hurting or robbing someone. Other than that, leave the happy freaks alone.

No $hit. I was detained for 2 hours in NYC for doubling up in a subway turnstial. TWO FREAKIN HOURS! Of course, they may have held me longer than usual because I kept asking the cop if he felt good about busting me while real crime was going on elsewhere...

My favorite police occurrence (happened quite a few times) were the guys with drugs who would swallow the evidence. By witnessing them swallow what appeared to be drugs you had enough to detain them. They would always refuse medical treatment, so we would just stand around them describing what would happen when the stomach acid would eat away at the plastic bag the crack was in. How painful it would be before they finally dropped....

But it always came out in the end...out of their end, and some poor hospital orderly would have to fish around for it...(by then we had taken hem to the hospital for their own well being...read stomach pump)
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

take a bite out of crime dude. and then spit it back out. in someone's eye. a criminal's eye.
    where's my beer?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCloudCLF
    I was a cop in DC for a while before I moved back home. The cops in DC know how to milk the system, so I am going to share with you and everyone else on the forum some in the door police secrets no one out side the "thin blue line" know about (all are real, I have made-up none)

1. If you get injured at home, hide it until your next day at work, then tell everyone you fell while on duty. That wasy you can collect your full pay without dipping into sick leave

2. If you don't feel like going on a run, just tell dispatch you are there. Then wait 5 minutes. Then call bakc and say "nothing found"

3. When sleeping in the squad car, make sure you back into a spot where no one can sneak up behind you.

4. If you want free food at 7-11 the trick is, don't ask for it just take it.

---Maybe some more later.

BTW, before everyone thinks I was a scumbag cop, these were what I was showed by my training officers or taught at the academy....and people wonder why crime is so high in DC
    If you're saying you did these things, you're a fu(king scumbag cop pr!ck.

Just do us all a favor, dont be a puss. Dont turn your back on the real crime like so many officers do, due to fear. Truly stand up for what you believe to be justice.
    Hey man I agree totally with your point, but what do you base your generalization on? How many cops do you actually know? I've rode with plenty of cops and know a few personally. And I've never met a coward. When a serious call comes thru dispatch, they're all over it in a second. Not saying there aren't wu$$ cops slipping thru the cracks out there, but I believe they're a lot less common than you might think.

Ray,
    I wouldn't wanna be a pr!ck to any decent person who doesn't deserve it, but on the other hand, what you're basically saying is that cops should let people break whatever law, ordinance, etc they want as long as its not murder, rape, robbery, or assault. Great career advice