Thread: Vancouver

Vancouver

Looking for wing chun in Vancouver, any suggestions?? Sifu Eric li teaches close 2 my house, has any one seen him in action?? I am new 2 wing chung and uncertain as 2 what 2 look for??

Quote Originally Posted by kelcca
    Looking for wing chun in Vancouver, any suggestions?? Sifu Eric li teaches close 2 my house, has any one seen him in action?? I am new 2 wing chung and uncertain as 2 what 2 look for??
    We have a Sihing in our association that has a school up and running in Vancouver, his name is Grant Culos and you can contact him at this email address, g-culos@shaw.ca , as I personally do not know where in Vancouver the school is located. I'm sure he will offer you a free introductory course to try out what we have to offer. For more information on our association please visit our website, www.wingchun-canada.com .

James

Talking

Here's listing:

http://www.wingchun.org/txt/schools/can/bc.html

I think there's a Tsui Shun Tin school in Vancouver. I personally feel that it would be very worth checking out.

There seems to be a lot of schools in Vancouver. Visit them all and ask a lot of questions to see which one suits you better.

Sincerely,
    Kenton Sefcik
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

Quote Originally Posted by couch
    Here's listing:

http://www.wingchun.org/txt/schools/can/bc.html

I think there's a Tsui Shun Tin school in Vancouver. I personally feel that it would be very worth checking out.

There seems to be a lot of schools in Vancouver. Visit them all and ask a lot of questions to see which one suits you better.

Sincerely,
    Kenton Sefcik
    yes, but the above web site is a little outdated.

the TST school link is here: www.tstvingtsun.bc.ca

Smile

Hi Kelcca, I left you a private message. Let me know if it has been helpful.

Marco

Hi Kelcaa,

If you live in Vancouver then you should go and train with Eric - his Wing Chun is superb. I trained with him last year for 2 days and am going back this November with some of my students to train with him for two weeks.

He is 33 years experience with Ip Ching under his belt, he is so approachable and a real gentleman. He will hide nothing from you and does not charge exhorbitant prices. He only teaches privately at present.

PM me if you want his contact details, and if you go train with him, tell him you were speaking to Stuart from Wales and i might get some discount ! LOL !

Good luck and let me know if you want more info.

By the way, you can always meet up with me and the guys in November if you want to train - were a real friendly bunch. We'll be staying at the YWCA Hotel on Robson.

Regards, Stuart
    Ip Ching Ving Tsun in South Wales - www.swanseavingtsun.com

Thanks for all the replys. I am training with Eric Li tomorrow so I will let you know how it wen't. I have heard great things about his skill, most impressive is how much I have heard about his openess and how down 2 earth he is. Thanks

Hey Kelcca,

Its good to hear youre going to have a session with Eric - you will not be disappointed. He is so down to earth and is really excellent at conveying wing chun principles in a easily digestible manner.

I improved so much in two days it was incredible - his footwork and dummy form a re superb.

Please let me know how you get on and dont forget to say that Stuart from Wales said hi, and see you in November!!

PS - i have an article of my trip wich i will send to you.

Regards, Stu

hello Kelcaa,

How was your trainging day with Eric Li?

I started with Eric li on Monday night. The class was very good, small numbers and alot of attention. Eric Li is very friendly, skilled and interested in teaching his students. Do you train hung fut?? I once studied with Sifu Wong in Victoria, B.C