Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: xingyi fighting clip

If its not on video available on the internet, then it doesnt exist?

Listen to yourself man, your hilarious. Your in california? Drop by shenwu, talk your smack in the open mat saturdays. Make sure someone has a camera handy.
    No Pain....No Gain

ROT,

Shenwu... That's what I was trying to think of when I said that "Cartmell fella". Good call. Yes, he used Xing Yi/Ba Gua punches since what I know of Xing Yi punches are basically boxing with slightly different mechanics. I don't believe in all the hub-bub about "internal" power either. From my experience with boxing and ba gua, the only difference was that ba gua also used a vertical whipping of the spine to generate power as well as the hips. As for everything else, it was pretty similar. We are all human beings after all. There are only so many ways to move and especially hit with our fists.

As for the footwork, he used what was necessary at the moment. I even used some modified Ba Gua footwork when I was in the clinch and to close the distance to clinch. I think there is a lot of cool stuff that MMA'ers could pick up from traditional arts, and I think there is a lot of insight into their arts that traditional guys could pick up if they trained in the same fashion MMA'ers do. I feel lucky for having been able to train both with great instructors.

ROT .... the gentleman said he'd compare with you. It is at this point you stop typing and talking smack and prepare yourself for a match.

Its been a long weekend, and honestly I just can't remember. But didn't I ban Enforcer once already? I remember banning that other fellow like a dozen times, but the trolls are starting to form one conscious memory for me and I can't remember when one banned troll ends and another banned one begins.

Anyway, RoT, stop trolling. The dead horse's kids are all grown up and dead. Stop beating it. I might not post much anymore cause school is taking up all my time (even in the summer), but I am still here.
    I have a signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign-Of-Terror
    I still stand that there is no video proof that cma works like mma does. The only video proof is of cma resorting to kickboxing against poor opponents or people of their own style. If they face a good boxer/mt/mma and arent trained in sanda they will lose.
    ooooh GOD!!!!!

It's the "got to have video proof" guy again? You were on here before but by another name....

If I've got the same guy?????

Which you sound like him..
    Master...something or.......something master

I rememeber You kept pasting articles from bullshido........ talking ****

Well, I've even offered to give him "proof" AND let him videotape it, unfortunately I did the same thing two other times (in all seriousness and without any bad feeling or bad intentions) when he was posting as "enforcer". His response was the same "Yeah, I live near Oakland. I'll let you know when I'm in the area...." Good thing I wasn't holding my breath waiting back then either...
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

I still havent seen application from forms like single whips or double handed strikes sued in any fight and if it happened it isnt recorded on video. If you say tai chi and neija teaches you other good thigns like power generation and footwork but the forms lack the ability to be utilized in a fight and are just for show than why even practise those forms, why not concentrate on the few good thngs tai chi and the like do good and cross train in boxing and use those techniques in a fight instead of relying on haymakers and brawling?

And you have been GIVEN the chance (repeatedly now) to see that which you are complaining of never having seen. Unfortunately you've demonstrated that you'd rather gripe and complain about it instead....
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

cerebrus can you make it to a gym in santa roza? I know some people whod like to test you.

I don't have a car. If you know anyone who wants to get together, put 'em in touch with me. Funny how you try to start crap by griping about how YOU haven't seen this and YOU haven't seen that, but when I offer to spar with you, you run and find someone else to take your place. It's fine though. As long as your friends aren't loons and seriously want to get together and spar, send 'em my way...
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust