Thread: Martello Laoshi

Martello Laoshi

Anyone know if Sifu Michael Martello ever made any videos? Rumor has it he was working on them. I learned the Li Pi Chuan set from him at a tournie a few years back......Forgot some of it. Cramed the form in my head over two nights.

Smile Mike Martello

Well, I believe he is working on a book or 2. The pages that are availble to me looks very promising. I have seen some of his impressive clips ranging from his earily tournament days to more recent training with Master Wang in Taiwan. I also think that his instructional styles is pretty unique. I am sure other who have worked with him can give more input on this. All his materials are very enjoyable IMHO. If he's working on a video, I would say it's worth the money. I would look forward to its release for sure.

Mantis108
    Contraria Sunt Complementa

對敵交手歌訣

凡立勢不可站定。凡交手須是要走。千着萬着﹐走為上着﹐進為高着﹐閃賺騰挪為
    妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum

Why Don't you...

Contact Shifu Martello from the www.babutanglang.com website. He usually responds to email pretty well. I have been corresponding with him for a couple of weeks now and he's incredibly knowledgable as well as a great guy.

Martello Laoshi is working on a manuscript on Mantis Boxing training methods. It will be a great contribution to the CMA world when he finishes it. As to when that is....not sure. He has not made any commercial videos. The only video of Lipi you will find (that I know of) is Tony Yangs made back about 20 years ago. Still available from www.secretsoftheorient.com I believe.

Since we are on the subject, I shall let a bit of the cat out of the bag. Mike Martello will be here in NM. the first weekend of February 2006 to do a series of weekend seminars. Open to all, but space will be very limited. I may be moving to a smaller place soon, so the seminar space will be more limited from now on. I will release more details as we iron them out. DO NOT miss this chance to train with one of the best I have found! Those of you who know me, know I have been out looking around with some of the best in North America and now Europe. Martello is one of the few I have found that has true skill and depth in his understanding of the CMA.

Cheers
    Jake
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

There is another video...

On the www.babutanglang.com website under the link "About Ba Bu" there is an overview of the forms in the "BA BU TANGLANG" STYLE OVERVIEW area. There is a video there of Master Wang-Jie performing Li Pi. It does require you to have Quciktime installed.
    Last edited by Chizica; 06-16-2005 at 04:03 AM.

Oh Yeah......

And then, there's also this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

I'm not sure if it has Li Pi in it, but it might be worth looking into.

It only has the Yi Lu Zhai Yao from Babu, not Lipi. Good video though.

Jake
    Jake Burroughs
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com

Anyone have his clips? Like you said he has great skill and power behind each movement. He once told me to hit him...I tired and couldnt get a single lick in! Extreme fajing power goin on here folks!
    BTW im having trouble joining the Mantis Quarterly site. Otherwise, i would view them there.( I think everyone would like to see them too ) Most appreciative of anyones' contribution.
    Also, thank you everyone for posting....you've been a great help!
    Last edited by LingChuanPai; 06-16-2005 at 07:38 AM. Reason: forgot somethin

Who be you? Have we met?
    Have you contacted Steve Cottrell re: the MQ site? If not do so.
    Mike only sporadically posts clips. Most of the ones on his site are of Wei Laoshi or Wang Laoshi. Search empty flowers database for some clips that may still be floating around.

Cheers
    Jake
    Jake Burroughs
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com