Thread: Kid killed by single punch in streetfight...

Kid killed by single punch in streetfight...

Martial artists often pay lip-service to the necessity for training in a multiple attacker situation. This interesting yet sad story comes out of my small town of Eugene, Oregon. A young man was apparently killed either by a single blow to the head, or by having his head hit the concrete when he collapsed. A sobering article I thought you guys might find to be relevant. Read it here.

I'm reminded of my old Kung-fu teacher telling me that "A single blow will never stop an attacker... most of the time."
    Bodhi Richards

Blog Entries

Messed up

How's ig going bro.

that is a sad story indeed. it is a shame that today we take life for granted.

i am from a seriously dangerous area in San Francisco where everyday you expect to get into a fight or get jumped. it is an unfortunate way of living, but there is one benefit to being a martial artist in this setting, is that you will always be on your toes, anticipating drama, and if it doesn't happen you were lucky today.

in fact one of my students and his friend were jumped by eight guys over a parking space at 3a.m. the friends nose was shattered but my student didn't really have any cuts or scrapes except for bruise knuckles.

keep training for this and it may never happen to you.

hsk warrior

I am going to say the hit from the concrete is what killed him.It would have to be a pretty hard blow or a weak individual to die from it.I have been hit with bricks and concrete in my head and I am still functioning and I could do 1,000 push ups maybe I am a robot....

Blog Entries
    definetly it was the cement that racked his brain.

i remember once on maury povich this guy pushed a drunk-ass dude off the bus and he fell backwards hitting the cement and he also died from hitting the cement.

so you are right

hskwarrior