Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Reign of Terror.

I never claimed I was an expert but have a fascination with all kinds of ma that I look into, read about, etc. I know a lot about famous kung fu masters and enjoying reading those stories. Heck I know more about cma than the majority of posters that bash it on forums such as mma.tv or bullshido.com

ROT is Ralek's little brother.

You "read" the Gracies have never been "prosecuted" for their open-door policy, so you're sure that no one else would be either. In addition to reading about all the kung fu masters have you been reading the law too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

ROT,

I can't blame you for thinking you know some things because you read them from books or magazines, they are after all, some of the only easily found and accessible sources. The only problem is that most magazine articles and books only give an introductory description or overview on the styles and individuals they cover, otherwise they risk losing the reader from the beginning.

Having said that, probably everything you have read or learned about every Chinese martial art and martial artist is only superficial. Don't take this the wrong way but the names of Sifu Chan Tai San, White Haired Devil, or any other famous name you may have come accross, Chan heung, Hung Hei Gwan, Li Zi Ming, Wang Zi Ping, Lee Koon Hung, Lum Jo, Lum Sang, Lau Fat Mang, Chan Hok Fu, Wong Fei Hung, Tarm Sarm, etc. on and on and on, should never come out of your mouth or keyboard anymore as if you know anything thing about them, or have the knowledge to speak for them or their respective lineages, teachings, disciplines, or personal history, especially of fight experience and knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign-Of-Terror
    ok I see what your saying, I guess the ray guy is a bit hot headed.

A. most gyms outside of thailand dont work much with elbows cause they are illegal in most venues in the West.
    B. Elbows are hard to get to work cause you have to be pretty close to your opponent almost if not if in clinching range, hence why they arent used too often in mma or even mt in thailand. And
    c. They are hard to get good at or train with aliveness.

A. YOU were the one who brought up schools in thailand, so that's what I was referring to. As for the US, you can use elbows in modified thai matches in a few states. Two I can think of off the top of my head are vegas and colorado.

B. Elbows are used quite frequently in thailand. I've got several vids of elbows in action. Knees are more common, but elbows are used.

C. That's what thai pads are for.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

I never claimed I was an expert but have a fascination with all kinds of ma that I look into, read about, etc. I know a lot about famous kung fu masters and enjoying reading those stories. Heck I know more about cma than the majority of posters that bash it on forums such as mma.tv or bullshido.com

that's great and all, now here comes the question....

How much actual training do you have?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar
    A. YOU were the one who brought up schools in thailand, so that's what I was referring to. As for the US, you can use elbows in modified thai matches in a few states. Two I can think of off the top of my head are vegas and colorado.

B. Elbows are used quite frequently in thailand. I've got several vids of elbows in action. Knees are more common, but elbows are used.

C. That's what thai pads are for.
    not really, they arent used that often in thailand, shure in some fights they are but msot of the time its hard to see one even being throws. on the jkd forum in mma.tv somsone even said they are too hard to pull off and arent really worth training too much (and those guys are experienced mmaers, Ill also try to look up that thread). hitting pads only really adds power and some technique, it feels alot different aming for a head especially a moving head hat has arms hitting you back at non telegraphic locations.

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar
    that's great and all, now here comes the question....

How much actual training do you have?
    I have about 2 and a half years or so of mt experienced, I trained other stuff less than that and recently have stopped muay thai and mostly jsut trian boxing. The hand posisioning, punches, defense, etc. is superioor in boxing for the upper body and it is easy for me to modify my stance when kicks are allwed and when i want to kick. but when I charge in with jabs even against mt I use the boxing footwork, only change my foot to face a pyramid like stance (vertical and horizontal in the middle of the vertical foot) when I am pacing slow.
    Last edited by Reign-Of-Terror; 06-18-2005 at 02:36 AM.

LOL! Yo, everyone! Wake up a little! Am I the only one who realizes that R-O-T is the troll formerly known as "Enforcer"? C'mon now, he's as predictable and easy to spot as Blooming Lotus! He's been banned from here, he's been banned from Emptyflower, who knows where else he's been banned. He relies on what he reads and what he "thinks" he knows about MA just to talk smack and get people worked up. Ignore him.
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

Word Troy. The funny part is that he's too dang stupid
    to alter his posting style ( paste and whine fu).
    I like when he pops up on
    EF or YZB for about 2 posts and gets banned.

It's like "hmmm" can you spot the Ostrich in the chicken coop?
    He defiantely took the short bus to high school and he most
    certainly eats corn the long way.

I havent officially trained in kung fu but read alot on the net, bookstore, watch documentaries/movies, watch clips on the net I can find, also I read kung fu/tai chi/and vairous other magazine each month in the bookstore.

Quote Originally Posted by cerebus
    LOL! Yo, everyone! Wake up a little! Am I the only one who realizes that R-O-T is the troll formerly known as "Enforcer"? C'mon now, he's as predictable and easy to spot as Blooming Lotus! He's been banned from here, he's been banned from Emptyflower, who knows where else he's been banned. He relies on what he reads and what he "thinks" he knows about MA just to talk smack and get people worked up. Ignore him.
    he's generally somewhat fun until he starts his racism crap tho - that's what got him banned the last two times.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by WanderingMonk
    He is referring to the time when you got a call from Ray about coming down to your school and hoping to see lama pai in action so to speak.

because of the insurance situation, you decline to play.

so, based on R-O-T's logic, Ray issued a challenge and it was unanswered, hence backed out.

it is a whole different game when people have to pay bills and keep a roof. one shaw movie too many for him.

I didn't consider that a challenge and feel closer in relation to Mr. Parrella than this ROT chacater. Mr. Parrella and I are at least CMA brothers and traditionalists. While I wish I could play with someone who has acquired the flavor of Master Chan's fighting system, I have no ill will towards them, I'm just curious.

My enemy is the loud mouth MMA.

[QUOTE=Lama Pai Sifu]
    My two Kung-fu schools will generate over $900,000 this year QUOTE]

Hold the phone ...... Jesus Christ! NOW I CHALLENGE YOU!

If I win, can it be like the old days where I can take over your school and have my master Chan teach the superior qualities of E-Chuan.

You aint $hitting Kung FU's been good to you.

Are you serious? He practically laid out a challenge for this entire forum for a prize fighting match with $500 on the line saying he wont fight in a professional match cause his secret techniques will be revealed to the public. On top of it he challenged me on bullshido just because I made a comment about him not having a video clip even though I live on the other side of the country from him. He also said another forum member who does kung fu and constantly defends it on bullshido (who I think is banned there now and who Matt Thornton made fun of cause he was so threatened by him) named Djimbe saying he talks alot of **** when he was defending kung fu vs like 50 posters in this oen thread.

OK ROT, we can chat directly.

If you're who I think you are, I wasn't attacking you as much as I was defending the person you were judging .... someone who had the guts to show up for a fight, and frankly, take a little bit of a beating with dignity. He didn't need you, someone who doesn't know him, or see the fight, judging him.

As for Djumbe, my problem with him at the time -- this was over a year ago -- is that he took a picture with my master when he paid a visit and my master is too nice to say no and it looked cool having a 63 year old, 5'6 Chinese man standing next to a 400lbs, 6'7 black man.

But then Djembi talked a lot on Bullshido, came across like a student of Master Chan after spending maybe 10 to 15 total class hours at the time (probably less) and got choked out by like a 150 BJJ ... who downloaded his photo and embarrassed the school.

I felt I also embarrassed the school when I gassed out in the ring about 1.5 to 2 years ago. At that point I said I wouldn't fight out until I was ready. Now I'm fighting NHB privately and enjoying it and I can't see myself going back into the ring with boxing gloves and headgear because it's too much of a condition game. I would fight in the ring though if it was 5 rounds or less, boxing gloves, but no head gear and elbows, forearms, knees and ground n pound were allowed.

Right now I'm comfortable doing what I'm doing, meeting MMA who want to fight and filming it. I'm thinking about doing a little MMA competition this fall. We'll see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pina
    I felt I also embarrassed the school when I gassed out in the ring about 1.5 to 2 years ago. At that point I said I wouldn't fight out until I was ready. Now I'm fighting NHB privately and enjoying it and I can't see myself going back into the ring with boxing gloves and headgear because it's too much of a condition game. I would fight in the ring though if it was 5 rounds or less, boxing gloves, but no head gear and elbows, forearms, knees and ground n pound were allowed.

Right now I'm comfortable doing what I'm doing, meeting MMA who want to fight and filming it. I'm thinking about doing a little MMA competition this fall. We'll see how it goes.
    as far as gassing goes, amateur thai boxing IS less than five rounds. If you are good enough to turn pro, you won't wear head gear, and can still fight five rounds or less, and there are states where elbows are allowed. I'm not sure what that has to do with gassing though... do you think that you could finish the fight faster if those things were allowed?

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter