Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: does anyone believe this???

does anyone believe this???

That the shaolin monks in china gave their "secret" training manual to Steve damsco and the founder of UNited studious, which is the most Americanized basterization of martial arts. I studied there as a kid and it was like the military, what are the monks thinking??

Ask MasterKiller about DeMasco.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

I'm sure they did give him the "Secret manuals". Of course 30 days later, they also decided to publish them too, but don't tell steve that!!
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen
    Ask MasterKiller about DeMasco.
    You trying to get me sued again?

At any rate, Demasco is a fraud. He is good at his Kempo, but he has no connection to Shaolin other than the fact that he drops a sh1tload of money trying force the connection. Yongxin used his sorry @ss to get a free trip to the U.S. and has since dropped him like a hot potato.

Why would DeMasco, the "American ambassador to Shaolin," have to take lessons from Shi Guolin if he already had the real stuff? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 06-17-2005 at 07:40 AM.

There's a difference in saying you don't believe something instead of saying you know they are lying. Opinon aren't defamation, per se, unless they necessarily imply that they are the truth based on a position to have superior knowledge.

Hence, I can say DeMasco is a fruity loon and it's not defamation--it's an obvious opinion (and probably a stated hyperbole). If I say I'm friends with DeMasco's psychologist and DeMasco is a fruity loon, then my statement may be considered defamation.

This is, of course, removing any "public figure" analysis from this equation, but I think that a published figure like DeMasco, would fit the legal defintion of a public figure in this context.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

well, I'm sure they gave him "a" book for his generous donation to the temple.

But for all we know, it could be a cook book detailing the correct way to make hot and sour fish heads in 1001 recipes.

But yeah, on the kempo thing. Although i heard he took up some wing chun too. He does like to wear the shaolin garb though in his pics.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

For the record, I was never actually sued. I was, however, threatened with a lawsuit. Demasco knew, as I did, if I were to have any offspring, they would be a threat to him. That is the reason why I remain safely anonymous.

sued????

masterkiller why diid u get sued if you don't mind me asking??????

If you show up in Shaolin, make sure to bring lots of green US dollars with you, then you can make ANYTHING happen

You can become part of the lineage, you can get a big fat stone put up with your name on it, and you can get a "secret book".... the same secret book 1000 other dumb foreigners got
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc
    If you show up in Shaolin, make sure to bring lots of green US dollars with you, then you can make ANYTHING happen

You can become part of the lineage, you can get a big fat stone put up with your name on it, and you can get a "secret book".... the same secret book 1000 other dumb foreigners got
    yep and that's how I did it. Now bow down before me, pass the laisi, pour my tea and buy my dim sum then sit in ma bu for 2 hours and believe you are being trained properly!!!

muwhahahahahahaha!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by mattburg111
    masterkiller why diid u get sued if you don't mind me asking??????
    I used to use my real name on message boards. So, when I was giving my opinion on DeMasco on another well-traveled message board, someone from his organization took offense. I was threatened with legal action, and since they had my name, it wasn't that hard for them to track me down. How serious they were, I don't know. I'm a small fish so it's really not worth my time or effort to get into a litigation over something so trivial as DeMasco's fakeness. He has a reputation for going after online critics and I wasn't willing to take a chance on them getting serious about it.

So I changed my name and just started talking about Sin The' for a while until things cooled off.

Sh1t, from this site alone, I had two or three of his guys send me endless emails trying to prove his authenticity, etc. They even sent me videos of themselves performing things that looked like Kempo seven-step forms as proof.
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 06-17-2005 at 09:32 PM.

that is funny, is it really illegal to say that demasco is a fake martial artsist, isn't it opinion

Demasco

It is my opinion that Demasco is what's wrong with CMA today. I avert my eyes everytime I see his photos.

I am speaking about martial arts business at the Black Belt Magazine's convention in July. He and Charles Mattera are teaching some "Kung-Fu" seminars there as well.

I guess my real problem with this situation is; I don't expect everyone to have the same level of skill. But people have to stop with the self-proclaimations about thier skill/lineage. It's fine to be the student of someone important in martial arts world.

This whole "Shaolin" thing, it's just wrong on so many levels.

Quote Originally Posted by mattburg111
    that is funny, is it really illegal to say that demasco is a fake martial artsist, isn't it opinion
    Perhaps it was the witty way in which I stated my opinion that got them all riled. I can be rather...bold... in my criticism sometimes...

It really bothers me how people can ruin something so beutiful and traditional. CMA has been refined over so many years and now you have someone who is taking all the tradition and throwing it out the window. ON a side note, have you guys seen the video tapes fred Villari is offering. For 150 dollars you can get nine tapes and can obtain a balck belt through the fred villari system. It is awful, And when you read the faq about it it says how using the tapes yield the same reuslts as taking the classes. I love it how the chains have ruined MA to make a few bucks for themslves.