Thread: Yi Jin Jing

Hybrid View

I don't know if I do exactly what other people do but I've benefited some in speed and power from these type of exercises. At times I go from being relaxed to instantly tense and do a movement, which has improved my speed training, and also though made my body more solid and seemingly dense. It's weird, but kind of like squeezing say, my arms, and right into the bones but also the exterior like muscles and tendons, developing into force in a path inside the arms right out the palms, and then back into the palms along the backs of the arms. I also train the belt energy path

It seems strange, training bones and tendon, WTF? But I think it just is a solidness from instantly tensing with the muscles of the whole body, but especially the arms and legs at first and also is coordinated with reverse breathing and clenching toes and feet. There are some practices though that are stationary and done like 49 times each or something right?

In Taijiquan , the legs I think must be solid; the legs should not be able to be moved if pushed on, or struck, due to just being dense and solid and working as a unit, so there is some similarity at least .

So some speed , from balancing quickly tensing and relaxing , and also some whole body connected power structure and paths of internal force. I haven't been doing this sort of training enough lately
    Last edited by backbreaker; 02-20-2004 at 01:45 AM.