Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Seagal is at it again

Seagal is at it again

eagal Sued Over Movie Production Delays
    Seagal Sued Over Movie Production Delays

Production Company Sues Steven Seagal for $14 Million, Claiming He Caused Delays on Two Movies

The Associated Press

Jun. 9, 2005 - Steven Seagal has been sued for $14 million for allegedly delaying production on two movies.

Seagal showed up late and left early while shooting "Today You Die" and "Mercenary," routinely rewrote and changed scripts on the set, and brought an entourage that interfered with film crews, alleged a lawsuit filed Monday in Superior Court by Kill Master Productions and its sales agent, Nu Image.

The 54-year-old actor is best known for his martial-arts moves in films such as "Under Siege" and "Exit Wounds."

A message left with Gerry Harrington, who has served as Seagal's manager, wasn't immediately returned Wednesday night.

In one instance, Seagal allegedly arrived 45 minutes late while filming "Today You Die" and left the location 3 1/2 hours early.

Because of his actions, planned scenes were never shot, leaving the movie with a "material and irreparable problem with story logic," according to the lawsuit, which also seeks unspecified damages.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...C-RSSFeeds0312

Gotta love Seagal

Hollywood action star: FBI accusations destroyed my career
    By David Randall
    Published: 19 August 2007

Steven Seagal, whose action movies were once major box-office attractions, has claimed that false accusations by FBI agents ruined his career.

Speaking about an FBI investigation into accusations that he intimidated a reporter and had ties to organised crime, Seagal told the Los Angeles Times: "False FBI accusations fuelled thousands of articles saying that I terrorise journalists and associate with the Mafia. These kinds of inflammatory allegations scare studio heads and independent producers and kill careers." He is now demanding an apology from the bureau.

Seagal was once a major star of action movies such as Under Siege (1992), which earned $156m at box offices worldwide, but his film career now consists of straight-to-DVD releases such as Flight of Fury and Attack Force.

The FBI investigation stemmed from Seagal's ties to a former private detective, Anthony Pellicano, who was once employed by many Hollywood stars, directors and producers, but is now in a federal prison awaiting trial on wire-tapping and other charges.

The Pellicano investigation dates to 2002, when a freelance reporter working on a story found a dead fish, a red rose and a note saying "Stop!" on her car. At the time, the reporter was researching Seagal and a former business partner.

Seagal said that he and Pellicano had not been on speaking terms since the 1990s. The actor said that in October 2004, an FBI official told him they knew he had nothing to do with the Pellicano investigation.

Still, Seagal claims they have not publicly exonerated him. An FBI spokeswoman declined to comment "because of the ongoing nature of the investigation".

Seagal is unlikely to get a grovelling "sorry" from the feds. Their investigation began five years ago, 10 years after he made the hit Under Siege and well after he ceased to be a major Hollywood actor. But although the pony-tailed one-time star has long been the butt of internet humourists for his one-dimensional, preposterously invincible action-heroes, Seagal himself is a more complex and interesting character than any he plays on screen.

The son of a teacher and a health worker, he learnt martial arts at an early age and is a high-ranking aikido master, having taught the art in Japan. He is probably one of the few action-movie heroes who could actually give villains a pasting in real life. His first contact with the film world was acting as martial arts co-ordinator for movies such as Never Say Never Again with Sean Connery. After a spell as a bodyguard, to, among others, big-time agent Michael Ovitz, he did a screen test for Warner Brothers and his acting career began.

The 56-year-old Seagal is one of Hollywood's Buddhists. He is also a keen animal rights activist, campaigning for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, and has adopted many cats and dogs from shelters.
    Fortunately, he's got a new career as a blues man.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

hate to say it but... he's a pretty good blues man.

Doug, I respect your MA film opinions, but...

...your music opinions just took a huge nose dive. Check out our 6-6-6 discussion about Seagal's show (that's the thread of the post I hyperlinked above) as well as Sevenstar's thread on the same concert in his town.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

well

i'm just talking about the first track on the album my partner had him at his comic book convention when he was promoting the thing.(total *******, guy shows up two hours late and leaves two hours early with a line of fans waiting to get autographs makes almost 100k cash and says its not enough money) my partner still has like ten cases of the album in his warehouse we use them as frizbee's or through them like ninja stars. but i l;istened to the first track and it wasn't bad pretty good in fact. the rest was well....i'm not one to judge at least he tried.

Sex slaves?

SnowDog already posted this on the BMA thread, but I thought the TMZ report was more interesting, just because TMZ is so good at trashy stuff. Besides, you all know how I feel about SS.

Steven Seagal Sued for Sexual Assault,Trafficking

Originally posted Apr 12th 2010 3:23 PM PDT by TMZ Staff

UPDATE: Seagal's lawyer, Marty Singer, responded to the lawsuit this way: "The lawsuit filed by Kayden Nguyen against Steven Seagal is a ridiculous and absurd claim by a disgruntled ex-employee who was fired for using illegal narcotics." Singer says the suit is a "complete fabrication without a scintilla of truth" and he's confident it will be dismissed.

Steven Seagal is accused of trafficking women for sex, according to a lawsuit obtained by TMZ.

A 23-year-old former model claims she interviewed with Seagal last February for the position of executive assistant. Kayden Nguyen says she got the job, but when she showed up for work, she learned, "Mr. Seagal had been keeping two young female Russian 'Attendants' on staff who were available for his sexual needs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week."

Nguyen alleges in her suit, one of the 'Attendants' had recently quit and it was this job -- not executive assistant -- Seagal intended her to fill.

Nguyen claims the very first night on the job, Seagal treated her "as his sex toy." Nguyen says in the lawsuit Seagal, pushed his hands under her skirt, tried fondling her breasts and forced his hand down her pants.

Nguyen says she complained the next morning -- unclear to whom -- but nothing was done.

Nguyen says the next day Seagal did it again, sexually assaulting her and forcing her to consume illegal pills. And she says there were other sexual assaults that followed.

According to the suit, Seagal said, "My wife wouldn't mind if you and I had a sexual relationship."

Nguyen is suing for more than a million bucks.

So far, no comment from Seagal.
    Steven Seagal's Accuser Liked to Jacket

Originally posted 45 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

Kayden Nguyen -- the girl who accused Steven Seagal of treating her like his sex toy -- looked extremely professional when she applied to work for the action star ... at least on paper.

Kayden's lawyer tells TMZ this photo of the 23-year-old former model was submitted with her application to fill Seagal's "executive assistant" position back in February.

According to the lawsuit Kayden filed yesterday, she got the job ... and on her first day, Seagal allegedly put his hands under her skirt, tried to fondle her breasts, and forced his hand down her pants.

Seagal's lawyer, Marty Singer, tells TMZ Kayden's lawsuit is an absurd pack of lies and she was fired for using illegal narcotics.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Fortunately, he's got a new career as a blues man.
    he should do some time just for playing sh1tty....gives all us other white boy bluesmen a bad name.
    I could forgive him for sexual slavery, trafficing, etc. But not his playing.
    That is criminal.
    Last edited by TenTigers; 04-13-2010 at 01:07 PM.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    hate to say it but... he's a pretty good blues man.
    yeah, and Ralp Machio's a pretty good Karate-ka....
    ninja, pleez...
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

The plot thickens

I must admit now that I do find Seagal entertaining, but not in the way that's befitting for a martial celebrity. It's more like watching a car crash in slow motion.
    Jefferson Parish sheriff to address Steven Seagal sex allegations
    By The Times-Picayune
    April 14, 2010, 10:32AM

Jefferson Parish Sheriff Newell Normand today is expected to address allegations by a former employee of Steven Seagal that the television and movie personality sexually assaulted her at a house in Jean Lafitte.

Normand has scheduled a 2:30 p.m. news conference.

The case is particularly sensitive for the Sheriff's Office not only because it involves a report of crimes in Jefferson Parish but because Seagal is a reserve deputy sheriff. His A&E cable network show, "Steven Seagal Lawman," features him riding with regular deputies on their rounds.

Seagal's attorney has dismissed the woman's assertions as baseless charges levelled by a disgruntled former employee.
    April 14, 2010 9:46 AM
    Kayden Nguyen (NEW PICTURES): I Manipulate Men, Says Steven Seagal "Sex Toy" Accuser
    Posted by Edecio Martinez
    Kayden Nguyen on "Trya" (YouTube)

NEW YORK (CBS) Kayden Nguyen, the 23-year-old former model who claims Steven Seagal treated her like a "sex toy," also claimed to be a "lipstick lesbian" who could manipulate and "trick any guy" she wanted.

Nguyen appeared on a Jan. 2009 episode of "The Tyra Banks Show" entitled "The Gay Kingdom," according to TMZ.

Kayden Nguyen's lawyer says she sent this photo to get job with Steven Seagal.
    In it, she brags about how she can use her "sex appeal to get any girl" she wanted and "trick any guy" into getting what she wanted.

The clip is available on YouTube.

Nguyen is seeking $1 million from Seagal claiming the action film star wanted to add her to his harem of sex servants, which she says already included two Russian beauties.

Seagal's lawyer has called the accusations in Nguyen's suit "absurd." An early morning call to Nguyen's attorney William Waldo to address the Tyra video tape was not returned.

According to court documents obtained by CBS News' Crimesider, Nguyen says she was hired by Seagal in Feb. 2010 as an executive assistant at his production company.

But rather than helping with the business, she was asked to give massages to Seagal alongside a naked Russian "attendant." Nguyen says she was told she would be replacing one of two women who were caring for Seagal's sexual needs around the clock.

Nguyen claims she was attacked by Seagal over the course of six days at his Jefferson Parish home he was staying in with his family. "I'm a family man, and I live with my wife, but she wouldn't care if you were my lover," he allegedly told her while aboard a private jet headed to New Orleans.

Seagal is currently being sued for sexual harassment, illegal trafficking of females for sex, failure to prevent sexual harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination and false representation about employment.

"The lawsuit filed by Kayden Nguyen against Steven Seagal is a ridiculous and absurd claim by a disgruntled ex-employee who was fired for using illegal narcotics," Seagal's lawyer, Marty Singer, told Crimesider in a written statement.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Hate to Say it...

But- I believe Seagal in this one. Chicks obviously a major psycho.

Looking for that Jefferson Parish press conference

Alleged Sex Victim to Steven Seagal: Save Your Ink, See You in Court
    Today 12:15 PM PDT by Gina Serpe and Lindsay MIller

Never mind whether Steven Seagal did what alleged would-be sex slave Kayden Nguyen said he did. Seagal's lawyers insist Nguyen had no right to allege it in the first place.

According to a letter from attorney to the stars and the Out for Justice star's point man, Marty Singer, Nguyen's lawsuit "is in direct violation of the terms of the confidentiality agreement" she signed back in February, when she entered Seagal's employ.

Read the letter.

That means, if she chooses to go forth with her unauthorized disclosure of private information (that is, pursue the lawsuit), Seagal's team vows to take her to the cleaners, seeking attorneys fees, costs and sanctions.

She has 48 hours to comply, but Seagal & Co. shouldn't hold their breath.

In a letter back to Singer, Nguyen's attorney, William Waldo, wrote the following:

"I read the letter you e-mailed last night. Please tell Steven Seagal two things. First, the cheap shot threats that might have intimidated other victims and their lawyers don't phase me. Save your ink.

"Second, Ms. Nguyen's claims are not going away. Five other victims called me yesterday."

In other words, hold on. It's going to be a bumpy ride.
    I couldn't get the PDF of the letter to download. I gave up on that, but hyperlinked it for y'all anyway.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

From the Sheriff

So much for Lawman.
    Sex lawsuit halts Steven Seagal reality show
    By Alan Duke, CNN
    April 14, 2010 8:19 p.m. EDT

Los Angeles, California (CNN) -- A Louisiana sheriff halted production of Steven Seagal's reality TV show because of allegations made against the action movie actor in a sex abuse lawsuit.

A former model accused Seagal of using her as his "sex toy" after she was hired to be his assistant, a lawsuit filed this week said.

Seagal's lawyer called the sexual harassment suit "a complete fabrication" and said the woman was fired for using illegal drugs.

The civil suit put Jefferson Parish Sheriff Newell Normand in an awkward position since the A&E reality series "Steven Seagal: Lawman" is based on his department, where the actor is also a reserve sheriff's deputy.

"I informed them today that I did not think it would be in our best interest to continue filming at the present time," Normand said Wednesday.

The sheriff said he has reviewed the lawsuit and he will "take the allegations very seriously."

"I will treat Mr. Seagal no different than any other employee of the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's office," he said. "I am not moved one iota by virtue of his being a movie star of the fact that the national media has an interest in this case."

Normand, who previously described his relationship with Seagal as "very close," suggested there were questions about the alleged victim.

"I don't know if these allegations are true," he said. "I mean, as of yesterday, I think there's been revelations about the alleged victim." He did not elaborate on what those questions were.

Seagal will remain a reserve deputy chief and no criminal probe will be conducted unless the woman makes a statement with sheriff's investigators or the FBI, he said.

Her lawyer told CNN she did not contact local law enforcement agencies "in light of the fact that he'd been down there all that week shooting the TV show riding in a cop car with them."

"He is the sheriff's department," attorney William Waldo said.

Kayden Nguyen, 23, answered an online Craigslist ad for an executive assistant job at Seagal's production company in February and was soon on his private jet taking off from Los Angeles bound for New Orleans, the lawsuit filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court said.

"As the jet taxied down the runway, Mr. Seagal turned to Ms. Nguyen and said 'I'm a family man, and I live with my wife, but she wouldn't care if you were my lover,' " the suit. "Ms. Nguyen decided to take a wait and see attitude."

After Nguyen arrived in New Orleans "she learned that the job she was expected to perform had nothing to do with being an 'executive assistant,' " it said.

Over the next five days, she was sexually assaulted three times by Seagal at a house "many miles from New Orleans in a remote rural area of Jefferson Parish," the suit said.

Seagal also kept "two young Russian 'attendants' on staff who were available for his sexual needs 24 hours a day, seven days a week," it said.

During Nguyen's first night on the job, Seagal demanded a "massage," it said.

"He then proceeded to treat Ms. Nguyen as his sex toy."

The suit gives graphic details of Seagal's alleged groping and fondling of Nguyen.

Seagal responded to "Nguyen's terror with the order to 'relax,' 'we won't do anything special tonight. I'll save that for another night,' " the suit said.

The suit alleged that Seagal and his co-workers with the production company ignored her repeated complaints and the assaults continued, including a "vicious sexual attack" on the second night.

She finally left the house in a taxi on Sunday, February 28, under the pretense of meeting family members, but against Seagal's wishes, it said.

"As Ms. Nguyen ran to the cab, Mr. Seagal followed a few steps behind, shining a flashlight with a gun attached to it," it said.

She was so "in fear for her personal safety that she left behind everything that she owned, including her car keys, her laptop, her clothes and hundreds of dollars worth of makeup," it said.

The lawsuit said employees of Seagal's production company refused to return her property because she would not sign a release promising not to sue for the sexual assaults.

As support for the claims, the lawsuit said that Seagal has a "unique physiological reaction to sexual arousal," which Nguyen "can and will describe in great detail.

Celebrity lawyer Marty Singer, who represents Seagal, said the suit was a "ridiculous and absurd claim by a disgruntled ex-employee who was fired for using illegal narcotics."

Her claims "are a complete fabrication without a scintilla of truth," he said.

Nguyen was enrolled in school to be an air traffic controller when she answered the online ad, it said. Before that, she was "an aspiring professional model."
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

man idk how i feel about this...they say sex slave, but i think that is the wrong term, a sex slave is just that. there is a reason why seagal isnt being prosecuted and she is just suing him, she was basically a prostitute in a way, she was being paid for her services. and since im not against prostitution im not really angry at this.....however, i think seagal is a total ******* and i believe he would do something like this. i met him once and i really wasnt impressed with this guy and it seems he's always been that way even before he was a celeb...

ok im gonna totally stand by what i wrote above infact im gonna go so far as to say this chick is flat out lying and here is why: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XWvNObmOmE&feature=player_embedded#!

watch the vid.

Seagal under siege by Jenny McCarthy

That was back in '98. Nice replay however.

April 15, 2010 10:06 AM
    Jenny McCarthy: Steven Seagal Told Me to Strip During Casting Call for "Under Siege 2"
    Posted by Carlin DeGuerin Miller 1 comments

NEW YORK (CBS) Former Playboy Playmate Jenny McCarthy is among a number of women who have claimed they had uncomfortably close encounters of a sexual kind, involving actor Steven Seagal.

McCarthy, an actress and autism activist, said in an interview with Movieline magazine in 1998, that Seagal asked her to strip during a casting call for "Under Siege 2," then threatened her not to tell anyone.

McCarthy's publicist told CBS News' Crimesider Wednesday that McCarthy "did make those statements at the time and does not wish to comment further."

At the time of the interview, Seagal's lawyer declined comment.

In the Movieline account, McCarthy went on to say, "I go inside his (Seagal's) office, which has shag carpet and this huge couch, and he's by himself and says, 'Sit on my couch.'" She continued, "[He says] 'So, you were Playmate of the Year?'"

Then he said: 'take off your dress,'" McCarthy continued. "I just started crying and said: 'Rent my Playboy video, you a*****e!' and ran out to the car."

Also in 1998, nine women came forward in a Penthouse magazine feature to tell their tales of harassment at the hands of the action film star.

That wasn't the last of Seagal's troubles.

According to the Reuters News Service, a 2001 lawsuit brought by Patricia Nichols, who apparently worked on a recording project with Seagal, alleged that the actor directed "inappropriate comments and actions toward her."

Seagal testified about the suit that he was "being shaken down," and that he was "embarrassed to be here today for this fabrication."

The jury agreed, at least in part, with the "Marked for Death" star, ruling that Seagal slandered Nichols but didn't owe her any damages.

These women's accounts have surfaced as Seagal is being sued by his former executive assistant, Kayden Nguyen, for sexual harassment and human trafficking. Nguyen claims she was kept against her will for six days in Feb. 2010, at a secluded Louisiana home where the actor and his family were staying. Her lawsuit says Seagal committed "sexual assault" against her three times, and says when she finally escaped, Seagal chased after her with a "flashlight with a gun attached to it."

Seagal's lawyer, Marty Singer, told Crimesider in a written statement that the allegations were a "ridiculous and absurd claim by a disgruntled ex-employee who was fired for using illegal narcotics."
    Five Things You Need to Know About Steven Seagal's Sex Scandal
    Today 7:55 AM PDT by Erik Pedersen

Here's one dispute that won't be solved by a swift blow to the solar plexus.

Steven Seagal is being sued by 23-year-old Kayden Nguyen, an ex-employee/wannabe model who alleges she was hired to be an assistant to the action star but later told she would be expected to be on call for sex. Seagal's lawyer has rejected these claims.

You can read all our stories about the case right here, but what else is out there about Seagal and Nguyen? From Lawman to Tyra, here's what you need to know...

• More surprising than the fact that the show called Steven Seagal: Lawman has been shut down? The fact that the series is real and does gangbuster ratings.

• Though an ass-kicker on film, Seagal is a Buddhist who has supported a variety of charitable causes, including Save a Million Lives to provide AIDS relief in Africa.

• Besides being an action star, musician and martial arts expert, Seagal created an energy drink called Lightning Bolt, which comes in flavors Cherry Charge and Asian Experience. Seagal even appeared in an advertisement with two bikini-clad young women who appear to be his employees and who share hugs and kisses with the star. (Also found on Seagal's website: Some allege that the drink will turn you into a stone-cold killer.)

• Accuser Nguyen appeared on a 2009 episode of Tyra Banks' show, as a self-described "lipstick lesbian" who can "use my sex appeal to get any girl that I want and trick any guy to getting what I want." She also says, "Guys will hit on me." She's also chosen "Queen" in a roundtable vote, but we're pretty sure it's not legally binding. (And yes, some of her nude modeling pics are in the wild.)

• Like Seagal's film characters, both legal teams know how to talk tough. Seagal's lawyer, Martin Singer, has called Nguyen's allegations "nothing more than a preemptive strike by a disgruntled ex-employee," claiming the case should be settled through arbitration because Nguyen signed a contract. But her attorney retorts, "Please tell Steven Seagal two things. First, the cheap-shot threats that might have intimidated other victims and their lawyers don't phase me. Save your ink. Second, Nguyen's claims are not going away. Five other victims called me yesterday."

Something tells us that this dispute will be hard to kill. (What, too much?)
    Here's the Nguyen on Tyra vid: Gay Kingdom - Tyra (Part 1)
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips