Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Seagal is at it again

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    This story just keeps getting better and better.

violent scripts offended his Buddhist sensibilities....what the heck?
    His acting offends my sensibilities!

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Actually, it's just two sentences, so it's more like exclusive two sentences from Seagal's son..
    I have the movie Death Trance; Kentaro Seagal has a role, and IMO he doesn't really look much like his father at all.

It's been quiet on the Seagal front...

...too quiet.

Andrew Williams - 27th May, 2010 Share|
    Mariella Frostrup: Steven Seagal was a bit sleazy when I met him
    TV presenter Mariella Frostrup, 47, started her career in the 1980s in the music industry before landing work on film review shows. She has recently cornered the market in literary programmes and will present daily coverage of the Hay Festival on Sky Arts.

How have you become the leading light of the literary scene?

I’m not sure how it happened at all. It’s very research-heavy, though. Every parent wants to instil a love of books in their children but mine are probably going to hate them because I spend my entire life saying, ‘Not now, I’m reading.’

Is Hay-on-Wye very debauched?

I’ll be upset if it is because I seem to be missing out on it. I do a show every day so it’s one of the busiest times of my year. I sometimes see people staggering around, which suggests there’s a thriving nightlife I’m not party to.

Who are you looking forward to meeting?

There’s a rumour I might interview Pervez Musharraf, the ex-president of Pakistan. You never know who’s going to turn up, it could be Bill Clinton or Gordon Brown.

Read any good books lately?

I’ve just read The Slap by Christos Tsiolkas, which is fantastic. It’s from an immigrant perspective of a Melbourne suburb so it’s not as we usually see Australia. The premise is so clever: a guy hits a child who isn’t his own at a barbecue and you see the ripple effect on all the other characters.

Any favourite authors?

Salman Rushdie; Helen Fielding’s one of the funniest female writers around; I love a lot of Australian writers: Peter Carey, Tim Winton; and Alice Munro.

Are there any genres you can’t stand?

Biographies. I have a reasonably healthy interest in other people’s lives but you have to wade through 300 pages before you get to the bit you’re interested in.

Have you been offered any book deals?

One of the downsides of constantly being exposed to good books is the standard for your own writing reaches unachievable heights. You don’t want to contribute any more to the mediocre and know you won’t be as great as the greats.

Have celebrities ruined the publishing industry?

It would be a shame if celebrity memoirs squeezed other writing off the literary landscape but I don’t think that’s happening. There’s room for all sorts. There’s an obsession about pigeon-holing things in this country. You should be able to read whatever you feel like, depending on your mood.

Do any glamorous moments stand out from your career in the music industry?

I worked on the PR team for Live Aid, which I’ll never forget. It’s great to think I was part of it, and there were lots of badly debauched weeks and months that I struggle to recall in much detail. The music business has changed so much. Expense accounts have shrunk massively since my day.

You’re a broadsheet agony aunt. Do you get exasperated by your correspondents?

Ever since the notion of the ‘right to happiness’ was enshrined in the American constitution it’s spread like an epidemic across the developed world. It doesn’t feature very highly in the imaginations of people who are struggling but we have this delusion it’s a divine right. The minute you step into the underdeveloped world you realise how bloody lucky you are. That infects how I regard certain letters.

What’s been your worst job?

When I was 15 I went to Holland for the summer with a friend and worked in a chicken factory. The smell was hideous. I had to move the carcasses along the conveyor belt. It took me ten years before I could eat chicken again.

Who is the rudest celebrity you’ve met?

I wasn’t enthralled by Steven Seagal. He was a bit sleazy.

What’s been your most extravagant purchase?

When I first stated working in television I bought two Chanel suits. They cost me my first three months’ wages. I was thrilled. Both skirts are about the size of what I wear for a belt now.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Well, that seems to have blown over

Wonder if we'll hear any more...
    Steven Seagal In Costa Rica To Meet Presidenta Chinchilla

Steven Seagal, the American action movie actor, producer, writer, martial artist, arrived in Costa Rica Thursday night to take part in a conference addressing the issue of public safety in Costa Rica.

Seagal was invited by former legislator Fernando Sánchez, who is organizing the event, that will be held at the Club Unión in downtown San José.

Attending the conference will also be authorities from different communities across the country, that included local mayors and local police officials.

Seagal, in addition to his "Hollywood" role is currently a Reserve Deputy Chief of the Sheriff's Office in the community of Jefferson Parish, Louisiana.

Seagal says that he graduated from a police academy in California and has a certificate from Peace Officer Standards & Training (POST), an organization that accredits California police officers. In television commercials broadcast prior to the premiere of his reality television series, Steven Seagal: Lawman, he says he has been a police officer for 20 years. However, according to a December 2, 2009 Los Angeles Times commentary, P.O.S.T. has no record of this, and his deputy chief rank is ceremonial only. It should be noted, however, that an individual can serve as a Reserve Deputy Sheriff at certain agencies in the state of Louisiana without being P.O.S.T.

Without a doubt, Seagal is expected to pay a visit to presidenta Laura Chinchilla, similar to his visits with former president, Oscar Arias, every time Seagal touched foot in Costa Rica.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Chinchilla?

Hmmm, they say Chinchilla fur is smoother then a shaved beaver.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

All the way down in Costa Rica

When he says 'not a big deal in the US' does he mean the scandal or Seagal in general?
    Steven Seagal Says He Feels Treated Like A Criminal In Costa Rica

Actor Steven Seagal left Costa Rica an unhappy camper, discouraged and disappointed after not finding the same hospitality as in the past, in his latest visit to Costa Rica, saying he felt treated as a criminal.

Seagal was in Costa Rica at the invitation of legislator Fernando Sánchez, who helped him with contacting presidenta Laura Chinchilla. However, all he got was her subordinates, the ministrso de Relaciones Exteriores, René Castro, the ministro de Seguridad, José María Tijerino and the directot of the OIJ, Jorge Rojas.

In a statement by way of his lawyer, Jonathan Picado of the law firm, Zürcher, Raven y Odio, Seagal was withdrawing his interest to invest in movie projects in Costa Rica, a subject that he had discussed on various occasions with former president, Oscar Arias. Picado also said that Seagal had had intentions of buying property in Guanacaste, but that may put off those plans as well.

"He leaves the country very hurt. He said that he doesn't need Costa Rica and there are many other countries where he can invest. He feels that in Costa Costa he has been received like a criminal", said Picado.

Picado explained that Seagal felt like he was being judged unfairly in Costa Rica following allegations of sexual abuse and harassment in the United States of women in the brought to light by model Kelly LeBrock as she recalls her own traumatic experience of being married to the actor.

According to court papers filed earlier this year, 23 year old former model Kayden Nguyen, filed a us$1 million dollar sexual trafficking and sexual harassment lawsuit against Seagal, claiming she was hired as "his" assistant but then used as a "sex toy". Two other women have reportedly provided sworn declarations to assist Nguyen's lawsuit. Among those women is Ray Charles' granddaughter, Blair Robinson.

The actor felt that the issue was blown out of proportion and did not like it being brought up in Costa Rica, especially when "it is not a big deal in the US".

In the end, Seagal never got to meet with presidenta Chinchilla. According to Picado, the actor has cooled off on investing in Costa Rica, but is expected to continue to offer his expertise in security matters in the future.
    Meanwhile, another bummer for Seagal
    Derrick Bird 'watched violent Steven Seagal film' before Cumbria shootings

Man who carried out Cumbria massacre watched film about shooting rampage the night before, reports say
    * guardian.co.uk, Monday 7 June 2010 14.41 BST

The debate over the effect of violent films looks set to be revived after reports emerged that Derrick Bird watched the grisly Steven Seagal film On Deadly Ground hours before embarking on a shooting rampage last Wednesday in which he killed 12 other people and injured 11.

The 1994 film, which Seagal directed and starred in, centres on an environmentalist oil rig worker who, aggrieved after he learns faulty equipment is damaging Alaskan wildlife, goes on a murderous rampage against his co-workers and employees. The film, panned at the time, but now something of a cult favourite, involved multiple scenes of graphic violence involving a range of firearms.

Bird is said to have watched the film at his friend Neil Jacques's house, leaving in the early hours of Wednesday morning after the film ended. The following morning, he drove round Cumbria shooting, before taking his own life.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Look out Seattle

Exclusive : Steven Seagal doing Series Television!
    by Captain Cumquat (Thursday, July 22nd, 2010 at 5:35 am )

Action movie icon Steven Seagal could make one hell of a comeback this year - after all, "Machete" marks the Aikido trained actor's first big screen release in over a decade. Even better, it's a film co-starring the likes of Robert De Niro (!) and Jessica Alba, so it's, in all likeliness, going to last a little in theaters than say, "Vampires Suck" will. And if the big guy's brief appearance in the trailer is anything to go by, looks like he's actually kickin' a bit of rump in this little ditty! (let's be honest, it's been a while since Seagal has really impressed in a screen skirmish).

So how will Seagal follow up his turn in the highly-anticipated "Machete"? After all, that next step will be an important one. Ask Travolta how to screw it up. Maybe he'll do a third "Under Siege"? That long planned "Genghis Khan" movie? An "Expendables 2" with Sly Stallone? Nup, none of those -- he's in fact headlining his own weekly TV series!

Seagal, who recently appeared in his own reality series (''Steven Seagal : Lawman''), is currently filming a new 13-part series titled "Southern Justice" (aka "True Justice").

Seagal plays Elijah Kane the leader of an undercover group of cops that chases down the bad guys in the Seattle, Washington area.

''It's being filmed from July to December in Vancouver, Canada'', a source on the production tells Moviehole. "There are 13 episodes ordered and it will air world wide through Voltage's foreign sales efforts. It will be an action/crime drama - one hour procedural. Crime of the week kind of thing."

The TV thing worked for '80s action movie icons Chuck Norris ("Walker : Texas Ranger") and Don Johnson ("Nash Bridges") so it's possible it might work for Seagal, too.

More on this shortly.
    I can hardly wait...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Where the crap does he keep getting the money for these ridiculous projects?

This guy is like a bad dingleberry.

BTW, the Kayden case was dismissed.

July 15, 2010 10:16 AM
    Kayden Nguyen v. Steven Seagal (PICTURES): $1M Sex Harassment Suit Dismissed
    Posted by Edecio Martinez

LOS ANGELES (CBS/AP) Court records show that the $1 million sexual harassment lawsuit filed by Steven Seagal's former assistant Kayden Nguyen has been dismissed in Los Angeles.

Nguyen had claimed that on three occasions Seagal "sexually assaulted" her with unwanted contact and groping at a Louisiana home where the actor and his family were staying. She accused Seagal of trapping her as a personal "sex toy."

The allegations led to the suspension of filming on the reality series "Steven Seagal Lawman."

Seagal's lawyer has previously called the claims "absurd." And Crimesider found television footage that questions Nguyen's credibility. In a 2009 episode of the "Tyra Banks Show" about the "gay community," Nguyen said she can use her "sex appeal to get any girl" and "trick any guy."

The 58-year-old actor, best known for his martial-arts moves in films such as "Under Siege" and "Exit Wounds," was being sued for sexual harassment, illegal trafficking of females for sex, failure to prevent sexual harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination and false representation about employment.

No reason was given for the dismissal granted Tuesday, but according to The Associated Press, Seagal's attorneys had been trying to resolve the case through private arbitration.

Seagal had denied the allegations through his attorney.
    Got to score this one for Seagal.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I heard a story about SS from my teacher a while back who got this first hand from Richard Norton when he was back in Oz a few years back.

There was a party for Gene Labelle's birthday - lots of MA types in attendance of course.

The story goes..... and this is the cut down version.

Segal came in being very rude and referring to Gene as the old man. This continued over the course of the night until it got to the point where Gene got sick of it and told SS he was a poor practitioner etc etc. He then pointed at Richard Norton and said even this guy could beat you.

Some more words were exchanged and then Gene jumped out of his chair and choked SS out -this caused SS to wet his pants and I mean in the literal sense and as a result he left the function.

There was also something about SS ringing up Richard Norton wanting to fight him - quite funny

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktiger View Post
    I heard a story about SS from my teacher a while back who got this first hand from Richard Norton when he was back in Oz a few years back.

There was a party for Gene Labelle's birthday - lots of MA types in attendance of course.

The story goes..... and this is the cut down version.

Segal came in being very rude and referring to Gene as the old man. This continued over the course of the night until it got to the point where Gene got sick of it and told SS he was a poor practitioner etc etc. He then pointed at Richard Norton and said even this guy could beat you.

Some more words were exchanged and then Gene jumped out of his chair and choked SS out -this caused SS to wet his pants and I mean in the literal sense and as a result he left the function.

There was also something about SS ringing up Richard Norton wanting to fight him - quite funny
    that story just reeks of unlikelyhood....not saying gene lebell couldnt do it..just saying it smells

Who knows - how would we know unless we were all there... Richard was LOL

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    that story just reeks of unlikelyhood....not saying gene lebell couldnt do it..just saying it smells
    I've heard a similar story that originated from the "Legends" tour. Funnily enough, the version I heard had to do with SS challenging Francis Fong. Which, if I remember correctly, is a stupid thing to do...

Okay, 'fess up.

Who here is stalking Seagal?
    Steven Seagal Gets Restraining Order Against 'Stalker'
    7/29/2010 4:18 PM PDT by TMZ Staff

The request for the TRO -- filed and granted in L.A. County Superior Court -- refers to Angela Rain Bates, a 55-year-old woman, as a "delusional stalker" who was arrested at Seagal's home on July 14.

According to the docs, she attacked a groundskeeper and threw rocks through a window of the house before LAPD arrived and took her into custody.

According to the papers -- Bates ran down Seagal's driveway and when the groundskeeper tried to stop her she, "forcefully kick[ed] him twice, in the groin, and on his shin, causing a two-inch contusion on his leg."

The police report states that Bates told officers she was married to Seagal's father -- who is deceased -- and that she has lived in Seagal's house for over 20 years.

Bates was charged with battery, vandalism, and trespassing -- all misdemeanors. She pled not guilty and is still in jail waiting for her next court date.

The order requires Bates to stay 100 yards away from Seagal, his family, and the groundskeeper.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

wtf?

And I thought the Silva connection was weird. Got to hand it to Seagal. He's working it.
    Aug. 17, 2010, 8:01 a.m. EDT
    Hollywood Superstar Steven Seagal Joins NeXplore Board of Advisors

PLANO, TX, Aug 17, 2010 (MARKETWIRE via COMTEX) -- NeXplore Corporation (PINKSHEETS: NXPC) today announced that famed Hollywood actor, musician, martial arts artist and philanthropist Steven Seagal has joined the NeXplore Corporation board of advisors and will help promote NeXplore Search and NeXplore's Web-based operating system and office-applications available for free to registered NeXplore users.

First introduced in public beta in January 2008, NeXplore Search (www.NeXplore.com) is an interactive and visually engaging Web 2.0 search engine optimized for a superior end-user experience, multi-media display and social sharing integration.

Consumers who register with NeXplore enjoy free access to a personal, Cloud-based desktop featuring an array of unified software-as-a-service (SaaS) applications for creating, consolidating and managing email accounts, contacts, calendars, projects, documents, music and movie files, among many other popular computing and Internet activities.

Said Steven Seagal, "NeXplore is more than just a great search engine. It's an action engine. It is the place to go online to find things fast, get things done quickly and review multi-media files such as photos, songs and videos. It is very interactive and visual, most definitely a next-generation search tool."

Said Edward Mandel, NeXplore Corporation CEO, "In addition to our friendship, I had the pleasure and good fortune of collaborating closely with Steven on a recent charity project. Steven is a very dynamic, intelligent and interesting person. He will be a tremendous partner as we strive to further grow awareness of NeXplore among both consumers and advertisers. We are greatly pleased to have Steven on the NeXplore team."

About NeXplore Corporation NeXplore Corporation (PINKSHEETS: NXPC) improves the online experience by providing Web tools and destinations that empower people to drive and define a World Wide Web perfectly suited for their unique needs, interests and online pursuits. For advertisers, NeXplore Search (www.NeXplore.com) offers a full array of search, display and interactive advertising products to reach and engage targeted consumers. For more information about NeXplore, visit www.nexplorecorporation.com.

Forward-looking Statement A number of statements contained in this presentation are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 that involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in the applicable statements. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to: our ability to commercialize a proprietary product, our ability to generate product sales and operating profits, potential vulnerability of technology obsolescence, potential competitive products by better capitalized companies, potential difficulty in managing growth, dependence on key personnel, and other risks which will be described in future company Securities and Exchange Commission filings.

Media Contact:
    Rory Doherty
    (214) 459-6321
    Rory@CurrentCommo.com

Investor Contact:
    Hala Elsherbini
    (972) 458-8000
    Hala@HalliburtonIR.com
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips