Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Seagal is at it again

Seagal under siege again

McCarthy strikes back.

Rep: Steven Seagal Denies Jenny McCarthy’s Casting Couch Claim
    LOS ANGELES, Calif. --

Just months after the dismissal of a $1 million sexual harassment lawsuit filed by a former assistant against Steven Seagal, a past harassment allegation from Jenny McCarthy resurfaced for an enterprise piece worked on by Access Hollywood – a claim that a spokesperson for the action star has denied.

In an investigative segment this week by Access on “The Hollywood Casting Couch,” Access revisited a 1998 Moveline interview in which McCarthy claims Seagal asked her to undress during an audition for “Under Siege 2.” A rep for Seagal denied the actress’ claim.

According to a spokesperson for Seagal, “Warner Brothers casting for the film ‘Under Siege 2’ has confirmed that Jenny McCarthy never auditioned for a role on ‘Under Siege 2.’ Her claim is completely false.”

The statement made by Seagal’s rep is referring to McCarthy’s allegations she made during an interview with Movieline in 1998.

“I went to the audition for ‘Under Siege 2’ with, like, 15 other Jenny McCarthys. These girls came in and out of his office and I was last. Steven comes out and goes, ‘Hmm, so you’re last.’ I’m thinking, ‘Shouldn’t a casting person be doing this?’ I go inside his carpet, which has shag carpet and this huge couch, and he’s by himself and says, ‘Sit on the couch.’ I have my [script pages] and I say, ‘OK, I’m ready,’ but he says, ‘No, I want to find out about you.’ I knew what was coming. He goes, ‘So, you were Playmate of the Year,’” McCarthy told Movieline at the time.

“I was wearing this very baggy dress, which I always wear to auditions, with my hair pulled back. I’m listening to him go on and on about how he found his soul in Asia and is one with himself and whatever. When I said, ‘Well, I’m ready to read,’ he said, ‘Stand up, you have to be kind of sexy in the movie and in that dress, I can’t tell.’ I stand up and he goes, ‘Take off your dress.’ I said, ‘What?’ and he said, ‘There’s nudity.’ I said, ‘No, there’s not, or I wouldn’t be here right now.’ He said again, ‘There’s nudity,’ and I said, ‘The pages are right in front of me. There’s no nudity.’ He goes, ‘Take off your dress.’ I just started crying and said, ‘Rent my [Playboy] video, you a**hole!’ and ran out to the car,” the actress claimed in the interview.

McCarthy went to claim that the incident didn’t end in the office.

“I’m closing my car door and he grabs me and says, ‘Don’t you ever tell anybody.’ He won’t sue me or say anything because he knows it’s true. If I saw him today, I would still say, ‘You’re a f***ing a**hole and I really hope you change your ways,’” McCarthy concluded.

During the same year, McCarthy spoke to then Access Hollywood correspondent Jeff Probst, who asked about her claims against Seagal.

“Everything is true and um, if I can spread the word for other girls and kind of warn them, then so be it,” she said at the time.

Access Hollywood has reached out to McCarthy’s rep for comment on Seagal’s rep’s denial but has yet to hear back.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

ttt for 2011

Seagal, the martial arts bad boy.
    Steven Seagal, A&E Cable Channel Idea Stolen?

(CNS) Posted Thursday January 6, 2011 – 10:20am
    Steven Seagal, A&E and a production company that claims the actor and cable channel stole its idea for a reality TV show agreed today to try and settle the case out of court.

The Idea Factory claims in a lawsuit filed in August 2009 that its representatives met with Seagal in 2007 and presented their idea of a reality show.

They also took the pitch to A&E Television Network, where the idea was allegedly first broached about focusing a show on Seagal's work as a reserve deputy sheriff in Jefferson Parish, La.

Lawyers for A&E and the 58-year-old action star argued the suit should have been tossed because there was no written contract with Seagal to participate in the Idea Factory show, and that the idea for the show was not unique.

But on Dec. 15, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Gregory W. Alarcon ruled that a jury should decide the case.

Alarcon postponed issuing rulings today on a series of new motions so that the mediation could begin.

The lawsuit was filed just before the premiere of A&E's "Steven Seagal: Lawman," which Idea Factory claims in a multimillion-dollar lawsuit was taken from its pitches.

The lawsuit maintains an agreement was in place with Seagal to do the show with Idea Factory and that an additional contract was presumed to exist with A&E for Idea Factory to produce any Seagal program.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I had to read this a few times before I got it...

...actually, I'm still not sure I got it.
    BREAKING: Steven Seagal joins Sheriff Arpaio in immigration raid in Phoenix today
    by Three Sonorans on Feb. 25, 2011, under Headline news

Friday afternoon Sheriff Arpaio, America’s toughest sheriff, needed to enlist the help of fictional hero Steven Seagal to crack down on immigration.

Stephen Seagal joins Sheriff Arpaio in hunting immigrants.

7 dangerous men and 3 women from the ultra-secret society of ninjas had to be taken down which required Seagal to don a black suit and gain the trust of the Shaolin leader, and after the Chinese New Year was able to infilitrate the society and let Sheriff Arpaio raid the community.

Ok, so the last paragraph was fictional, but the arrest of 7 men and 3 women, evil “illegal immigrants” have been arrested by MCSO with the aid of Steven Seagal. Seriously.

Welcome to Arizona 2011…
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Lawman

Supposedly, as in I think I heard this on the radio, Steven Seagal's show "Lawman" is moving from Louisiana to Arizona. Good times.

Ahhhh sooo. Thanks for that enoajnin

You are correct, sir. Lawman is going to AZ.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

ttt

I so wanted to post this here. In lieu of that, an update on Lawman AZ.

Steven Seagal - Steven Seagal Back On The Force As Arizona's Top Cop Calls Him Up As Deputy
    28 April 2011 08:12

Movie star Steven Seagal has joined Arizona's top cop as part of his hardcore law force.

The Under Siege star has been invited to patrol the streets of Phoenix with Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio's lawmen, and he admits he jumped at the chance to serve as a deputy.

Seagal tells the Globe, "When Joe invited me to join them, there wasn't a moment's hesitation."

Arpaio insists the actor and martial arts star will be an "asset" to his team.

Seagal will also film his experiences on the job as a deputy for the new season of his hit show Steven Seagal: Lawman.

He filmed two seasons of the reality show in Lousiana, but the series was put on hold after the actor was accused of sexually harassing an assistant last year (10). She has since dropped her charges against Seagal.
    And speaking of sheriffs...

Sheriff Lee Baca has accepted gifts from Michael Douglas, Steven Seagal, Lee Iacocca. Is it too much?
    May 1, 2011 | 12:02 pm

Since taking office in 1998, Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca has accepted more than $120,000 worth of gifts and free travel. In a recent three-year span, he accepted significantly more freebies than California's 57 other sheriffs combined.

He's accepted gifts from big names including Arnold Schwarzenegger, Steven Seagal, Michael Douglas and Lee Iacocca.

And, according to an investigation by The Times' Robert Faturechi, he's accepted gifts from executives seeking his agency's business, individuals who later received special treatment from him, and even a pair of felons implicated in a massive money-laundering and fraud scheme.

Check out the entire database here, then weigh in with your own opinion. Should Baca be accepting these gifts? He says there is no conflict. But others disagree: "Doesn't he realize the appearance is terrible?" said Bob Stern, president of the Center for Governmental Studies. "When you're taking gifts from strangers, there's only one reason. They only give gifts because they want something."
    I followed the link to the site. "Seagal, Steven Actor Los Angeles Calif. Dec. 20, 2003 Gift basket $100" Just a drop in the bucket really - the rest of the list is far more interesting...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

must...post...here...

Who needs a "Deadly Stuff" secret manual when we have the forum.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Deputy Seagal

Deputy Steven Seagal Coming to West Texas
    Posted by Bill Oliver Featured Stories, News Thursday, October 13th, 2011

Photo courtesy of Hudspeth County Sheriff's Office with Sheriff Arvin West swearing in Deputy Steven Seagal.

EL PASO, Texas (AP) _ Martial arts film star Steven Seagal has been sworn in as deputy sheriff in a West Texas border county and will start working sometime this year, authorities said.

Hudspeth County Sheriff’s Lt. Robert Wilson confirmed Thursday that Seagal, 59, took the oath this week from Sheriff Arvin West.

The sheriff’s office says the star of such films as “Hard to Kill” and “Exit Wounds” contacted West in August inquiring about work opportunities.

Seagal has been a deputy sheriff in the past while filming a reality show about his work as an officer of the law in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana.

“It became clear to me that Mr. Seagal is not in this for his celebrity or publicity. He is like the rest of us,” West said in a news release.
    I beg to differ. Seagal is not like the rest of us. He's an entirely unique case.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

That swearing in ceremony looks pretty official... either that or their about to high-five each other.

ttt for 2012!

This thread keeps going and going...
    He's Under Siege! Steven Seagal faces lawsuit over unpaid debt to mafia backed former partner
    By Mike Larkin
    Last updated at 11:49 PM on 12th January 2012

His most famous movie role saw him evading pursuit by a group of well trained operatives.

So there is a certain life imitating art aspect to Under Siege star Steven Seagal being hit with a lawsuit over unpaid debts to his former business partner.

The martial arts actor has been accused of failing to pay up on $500,000 he owes to film producer Julius Nasso.

The executive, who has connections to the mafia, claims in court papers Seagal failed to pay him two installment payments of $50,000 each last year.

New York resident Nasso claims he made 'numerous attempts' to collect the money.

Eccentric Aikido master Seagal, 59, agreed to pay to the cash to dissolve their film-production companies in 2007.

The deal also required the actor to seek a pardon for Nasso, who was convicted in 2003 for trying to extort the money from the actor with the help of Mafia muscle

According to the New York Times his Manhattan federal court suit demands payment of the unpaid $100,000 plus 10 percent interest for 'breach of settlement agreement.'

It also states a similar suit that was filed in 2010 against the star and his Steamroller Productions company was 'eventually resolved,' but 'only after significant legal expense.'

The papers say: 'Considering the prior breaches by the defendants...we respectfully request that this court order that the outstanding and remaining payments under the agreement are now due, totaling $200,000.'
    The good old days: Steven Seagal was a major action star in 1992 when his biggest hit Under Siege was released

The good old days: Steven Seagal was a major action star in 1992 when his biggest hit Under Siege was released

The Mail contacted Seagal's company, but have yet to receive a response.

Action star Seagal's career high-water mark was 1992 action film Under Siege, which grossed an estimated $156 million worldwide.
    Out for Justice: Seagal's former business partner Nasso has taken legal action

Out for Justice: Seagal's former business partner Nasso has taken legal action

However his career rapidly declined, and he has since been appearing in low budget action flicks and even attempted to launch a career as a blues musician.

In 2002 Nasso sued his Seagal for $60 million claiming he backed out on four planned action films.

The flamboyant star claimed he walked because the violent movies were at odds with his Buddhist religious belief.

However he would later testify that after breaking ties with Nasso he was shaken down by soliders from the Gambino mafia family in the back room of a Brooklyn steakhouse.

He said a reputed mob captain told him he would be sorry if he did not start working with Nasso again, and that he would also have to pay an extra $150,000 per movie.

The mobsters were caught laughing about the incident on an FBI wiretap.

Nasso was indicted in a massive racketeering case that pulled in big gangland names and in 2003 pled guilty to extortion. He served a year in prison.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

"I looked up and saw his face," Llovera said. "It was very strange."

This is a crazy story on so many levels...
    MCSO, actor Seagal sued over 2011 arrest
    by Richard Ruelas and JJ Hensley - Mar. 7, 2012 09:25 PM
    The Republic | azcentral.com

When a tank knocked down his block wall with a boom, waking him from a sound sleep, Jesus Llovera scrambled out of bed and grabbed his jeans and a phone to dial 911.

He made it to the hallway just as his bedroom windows shattered. At his door, members of a Maricopa County Sheriff's Office SWAT team in full riot gear told him to get on the floor.

He was handcuffed and taken outside, where action-movie actor Steven Seagal waited, clad in camouflage and sunglasses and hoisting a rifle.

"I looked up and saw his face," Llovera said. "It was very strange."

The SWAT team was at Llovera's Laveen home the morning of March 10, 2011, to search it.

Deputies suspected that Llovera, who had pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor violation of being present at a ****fight, still had roosters and chickens on his property, a violation of his probation. They also suspected he was raising them to fight, a Class 5 felony.

But the Sheriff's Office was also participating in the creation of a reality show, "Steven Seagal: Lawman," a cable show that followed Seagal's exploits as a deputized officer. Four cameras from the production company filmed the warrant execution and arrest. Arpaio's office had alerted the media. Reporters and television cameras lined the southwest Phoenix neighborhood's street.

This week, Llovera struck back. Llovera, 43, filed a civil lawsuit Tuesday against the Sheriff's Office and Seagal, claiming his arrest was orchestrated to make for good television. He seeks unspecified monetary damages to be determined by a jury.

The suit, which also names the county Board of Supervisors, says it fit a pattern of Arpaio "arresting and prosecuting individuals without probable cause solely for the selfish and improper purposes of achieving personal and political gain through publicity."

The Sheriff's Office insists in court documents that the use of a tank, a bomb robot and 40 deputies was part of its normal course of duties.

"The search warrant was going to occur with or without Seagal," sheriff's Deputy Chief Dave Trombi said before the lawsuit was filed. "The search warrant was not based at all on the needs of the production company."

After the raid, Llovera was criminally charged with raising animals for ****fighting and possession of dangerous drugs used on the animals. At the time, he was not supposed to have the animals in his possession because he was on probation for a ****fighting-related offense.

Robert Campos, Llovera's attorney, has asked the court in the criminal case to throw out evidence discovered at Llovera's home, arguing that the warrant was not served property.

Campos said his client was not involved with ****fighting, as authorities suspect. But, even if he were, the raid "was still overkill, and that's the whole point."

The Arizona-filmed episode of "Steven Seagal: Lawman" was to premiere on the A&E Network on Jan. 4, but the season was pulled from the schedule and the channel's website.

At the time of his arrest, Llovera said, Seagal walked him off his property to a van but did not speak to him. Seagal went off to do media interviews. Show producers asked Llovera to sign a release allowing them to use footage of his arrest. Llovera said deputies removed his handcuffs twice as producers asked him to sign. He refused.

"They said, 'It will be good for you, so everyone can see your animals,' " Llovera said. "I said I didn't want to."

Deputies found more than 100 roosters on the property. Court records say some had been physically altered in ways suggesting the birds had been bred for ****fighting. Since such birds are too aggressive to be rehabilitated, deputies said, they were euthanized.

Deputies also found medicines, charging Llovera with possession of dangerous drugs, and accessories, like sparring balls.

Deputies interviewed Llovera for 90 minutes, according to a prosecution filing in court.

"During that time, defendant equivocated between saying that the roosters were being raised solely for show purposes and then stating that he was raising the roosters so that they could be sold to people who would use them for ****fighting," it said.

Llovera, during a recent tour of his home, told a reporter that he bred the birds to show their colorful plumage. But he did not know when the next rooster show was, or anything about competitions for rooster beauty or breeding.

He showed a copy of Game**** magazine, saying he's just like dealers who sell in that publication. The Humane Society calls the magazine a thinly disguised journal for ****fighting fans.

Llovera walked with a reporter through three rows of cages in his backyard for the 40 birds he owns.

To show his birds weren't meant for fighting, Llovera put his hand into a cage. The rooster backed up. Had they been fighters, he said, they would be used to handling and could be easily approached.

He conceded he trimmed some birds' wattles and combs, but only so the birds could place their heads through the bars of their cages to eat. He said a room authorities thought was a training ring is where he practices Santeria, a religion that includes animal sacrifice.

Llovera said he grew up a fan of ****fighting, watching battles in his native Cuba. He attended ****fights in Arizona when they were legal. Voters banned the practice in 1998.

"Those are traditions that you bring with you," Llovera said, "and it was in Arizona. It was a tradition that was in Arizona."

Llovera was one of 69 people arrested at a ****fight in Tonopah in May 2010. He pleaded guilty to being present at a fight and was given probation.

Phoenix police went to Llovera's home in February 2011 to investigate a man's claim that Llovera had kidnapped him and held him hostage for four days. Llovera told his own story of being kidnapped and having his pinky chopped off in the desert.

Confronted with differing stories, police didn't pursue the kidnapping case. But they did send the information about the roosters on Llovera's property to the Sheriff's Office.

That resulted in the search warrant that led deputies, with Seagal in tow, to storm Llovera's home. Trombi said the allegations against Llovera justified the sheriff's use of force.

"When SWAT is requested, it's based on previous history surrounding that suspect and that residence. Phoenix police did it with just as many if not more SWAT personnel as we did," Trombi said. "We had a legitimate law-enforcement reason to be there, we had a legitimate document, a search warrant, signed by that judge to be at that property. And a year later, we're still in the litigation phase. We're not willing to back down from the charges the county attorney filed based on our investigation."

Llovera said he's frustrated thinking how much his life was upended by the bust. "At the end of it, I realized it was a show," Llovera said. "What they showed up for was to make a show, and they made one."
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Gotta hand it to Vern

Brilliant idea for a book. Now updated!
    Book Review: ‘Seagalogy: A Study of the Ass-Kicking Films of Steven Seagal’
    Submitted by BrianTT on May 7, 2012 - 1:09pm.

CHICAGO – Vern started his career as one of those snarky critics who wrote in to Harry Knowles’ landmark and influential movie website Ain’t It Cool News. He became a regular writer for the site and his work there turned him into a very unorthodox author. His first book was a fantastic examination of, believe it or not, the career of Steven Seagal. Newly updated with a dozen new chapters about the recent adventures of his subject matter (the first printing was in 2008), “Seagalogy: A Study of the Ass-Kicking Films of Steven Seagal” is a funny, clever read for fans of the unusual action star and those who have never seen one of his movies. Vern’s movie-loving, smart, enjoyable writing makes this a more entertaining experience than Seagal himself has ever produced.

Don’t worry. This is not tongue-in-cheek nonsense. To say that Vern takes his subject matter seriously would be a MASSIVE understatement. He clearly watched every one of Seagal’s films multiple times, dissecting themes throughout them, noticing differences, and charting the trajectory of his career. And yet it’s also no puff piece. Vern doesn’t give Seagal any slack. He calls him out on his weirdness, bad acting, ego, etc. But he brilliantly wraps all of it together so the book becomes something fascinating in that it’s an appreciation of someone who most people would argue doesn’t really deserve an appreciation. I think Vern would claim that’s why he makes such a great subject. He’s not perfect. He’s not an obvious choice. His career is kind of a mess. But Vern approaches him like he’s completely deserving of 500 pages of detailed examination. And then writes with such style and humor that you won’t regret his decision.

In his intro (after a great one from writer/director David Gordon Green), Vern states that a “comic book nerd” friend helped him divide Seagal’s career into chapters and so the book is divided that way. The brief successful period of Seagal’s film career opens the book with “Golden Era.” Oh, yes, don’t worry. This is not some biography about Seagal’s odd background (he’s made a number of claims through his life about his history). It focuses almost entirely on the films, dissecting them like a detailed review and then offering them context within Seagal’s career and filmography. Vern brilliantly makes the case that we can learn more about Steven Seagal through his career choices and how he chooses to represent himself on film than through a typical biography. And have a hell of a lot more fun.

So, the “Golden Era” was from 1988-1991 and consists of “Above the Law,” “Hard to Kill,” “Marked For Death,” and “Out For Justice.” Some might argue that what Vern calls the “Silver Era” was actually a more profitable one for Seagal but Vern clearly prefers the work Seagal did in his first four films and makes a solid case that they were his best work. The “Silver Era” was from 1992-1997 and consists of “Under Siege” through “Fire Down Below.”

After his first ten films, Seagal went through what Vern calls a “Transitional Period” from 1998-2002, ending with Seagal’s last theatrical release in “Half Past Dead.” It gets kind of ugly from here. The “DTV Era” consists of 16 films from 2003-2008 with titles like “Today You Die,” “Shadow Man,” and “Pistol Whipped.” The updated material takes over here (and makes up about 100 pages) in the “Chief Seagal Era” from 2009 to present and more oddities like “Steven Seagal: Lawman,” the actor’s appearance in “Machete,” and something called “Born to Raise Hell.”

Vern doesn’t just recap plot. He goes into incredible detail, charting actors who appeared across multiple films, recurring themes (Seagal likes bar fights), and much, much more. And he does so with style and wit. He can perfectly capture the foundation of “Marked For Death” with a passage like “He breaks a lot of bones, shoots a guy in the throat, punches a guy in the balls, throws a guy out a window, etc. This movie has it all.” But just after that he’s pointing how some of the scenes feel like deleted ones on a DVD.

It would be silly to deny that “Seagalogy” gets a little repetitive. So did Steven Seagal’s career. But it’s a nice book to read in chunks. Pick it up. Read about a silly B-movie that a former action icon made. Go back to something else. Not only will it make you appreciate its subject matter a bit more but the very art of how we write about movies. Vern does so from such a place of passion that it’s infectious.

The updated and expanded edition of “Seagalogy: A Study of the Ass-Kicking Films of Steven Seagal” by Vern was released on April 3, 2012.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

yup seagal is surly at it again...

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    I would pay good money for that flick...I actually saw this sometime ago...hilarious.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

taxes due

After posting The Steven Seagal Show by Ken McIntyre thread, I got curious, did a search, and look what popped out on top.

8/30/2012 12:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
    Steven Seagal
    Not Above the Law ...
    He's a Massive Tax Debtor

Taking out a boatful of terrorists hell-bent on nuking Honolulu does not mean you can skip out on paying your taxes ... so the State of California has filed a giant tax lien against action film star Steven Seagal, TMZ has learned.

According to documents filed with the Los Angeles County Recorder's Office, Seagal owes the Golden State a whopping $335,606.35 for the year 2010.

It's hard to imagine how Seagal amassed such a large tax bill -- he has appeared in mostly direct-to-video movies for the past decade, with his only real work being a small role in "Machete" in 2010 and his reality show, "Steven Seagal: Lawman."

Calls to Seagal were not returned.

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips