Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Seagal is at it again

I like how he just doesnt have a neck anymore.

Steven Seagal: Lard Man
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Lamest Guy Ever?

There are pix and vids if you follow the link.
    Steven Seagal Is the Lamest Guy Ever
    By Jamie Lee Curtis Taete
    submit

About a year ago I wrote a thing about how Johnny Depp just might be the lamest guy on Earth.

For some reason, a lot of people remember that post, and it's frequently brought up to me by ****ing geniuses who say things like "Uhhhh, so you think Johnny Depp is the lamest guy on Earth? What about Kim Jong-un? What about the Dark Knight shooter?"

OBVIOUSLY, I did not mean Johnny Depp is LITERALLY the worst person on Earth. Just because he wears dumb hats and is in ****ty movies and is, generally, just an all-around unbearably smug turd, I know that doesn't mean he is worse than a dictator or mass murderer. I am not retarded. CLEARLY, if we're looking at and considering every single person in the entire world and being completely and totally literal, Steven Seagal comes out the worst.

Here are the most terrible things I can think of about him.

HE MAKES INSANE MUSIC

I often worry, when I embed videos on this site, that people reading it might not watch them because they're at work or deaf or whatever, so just in case: this video is a dancehall song that Steven Seagal made, and it contains the following lyrics:

"Me want tha poonani"

"Nice itel breeze, we jammin'"

"That would be phat"

Also, his last album was called "Songs From the Crystal Cave," which sounds like something they would play in Urban Outfitters.

HE'S A COMPULSIVE LIAR

Over the years, Steven has claimed that he:

- Helped train CIA operatives and did "special favors" for them (his ex wife says, "Not at all. He was never in the CIA.")

- Is of Italian descent (he's actually half-Jewish, half-Irish)

- Fought the Yakuza (lol) with assistance from the American mob (lol)

- Is called in to help authenticate antique swords by auction houses as he is one of the world's "foremost experts on swords" (again, lol)

- Was a student of the founder of Akido, Morihei Ueshiba (who died in 1968, meaning Steven would have had to have been a teenager living alone in Japan for that to have happened)

- Speaks four languages fluently (I'm unable to find any evidence of him speaking anything other than English made entirely of lies)

HE POOPED HIMSELF

In a 2002 profile in Vanity Fair, martial artist Gene LeBell claimed he choked out Steven during an Aikido exhibition, causing Seagal to poop in his pants. Steven denies it ever happened. But he also said he was a multilingual, Yakuza fighting, CIA assassin. So, ya know...

THESE ARE THINGS HE'S ACTUALLY SAID

- "I’m a very funny guy, if you’ll forgive me for saying so. When I did The Glimmer Man with Keenan Ivory Wayans, he and I were talking about who was funniest, and... I kicked his ass every day." (source)

- "I was born very different, clairvoyant and a healer." (source)

HE RUNS LIKE PHOEBE FROM FRIENDS

THAT TIME HE KILLED THAT DOG AND ALL THOSE CHICKENS

I assume everyone already knows about this, but just to be sure: in March 2011, while filming his reality show Steven Seagal: Lawman (the one where he pretended to be a policeman) Steven was involved in a raid on a person's house that resulted in the death of a puppy and 115 chickens.

Jesus Llovera was suspected of ****fighting. So Mr. Seagal, Sheriff Joe Arpaio (who, himself, is a pretty terrible guy), a camera crew, and a SWAT team turned up at his house with a tank, some other armored vehicles, and a ****ing bomb robot.

Despite the fact that Jesus had no history of weapon ownership, was home alone, and was suspected of ****fighting rather than like, bomb making or murder or something, Steven was allowed to drive a tank through the front wall of the man's home, while the SWAT team smashed through his windows and moved in to arrest him. A puppy belonging to Jesus's children was killed during the raid, and the 115 chickens that Steven and pals were there to rescue ended up being euthanized on the spot. When asked for a comment by a local news station, Seagal said, "animal cruelty is one of my pet peeves."

Also, can you imagine how ****ing humiliating it must be to get arrested by Steven Seagal on camera? No matter what your crime is, if you have to go through that level of shame they should just release you with the crime removed from your record. It's inhumane.

HE HAS A BULLET PROOF KIMONO

A ****ing bullet proof kimono! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Also, a stylist who fitted him for a tuxedo for the Academy Awards once said, "I had to tailor the tux around two giant guns. He said he needed 'cover' in case 'they' rushed the stage on him. Who 'they' were, I have no idea.'"

HIS HAIR IS REALLY WEIRD AND IT FREAKS ME OUT

HE TAKES HIMSELF VERY, VERY SERIOUSLY

From a profile on Steven in Vanity Fair:

"One day an executive walked into Seagal's trailer and found Hollywood's reigning manly man... weeping. 'Oh, I'm reading this script,' Seagal explained, still misty. 'It's the most incredible script I've ever read.'

'That's fantastic,' the executive said, 'Who wrote it?'

Seagal didn't miss a beat. 'I did,' he replied."

Also, here are some things Steven Seagal, star of Under Siege and whatever-that-film-is-called-where-him-and-Ja-Rule-steal-gold-or-something, has said about acting:

"The secret is not to act, but to be."

"I am hoping that I can be known as a great writer and actor some day, rather than a sex symbol."

HE MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE HAD SEVERAL SEX SLAVES
    At various points, Steven has (allegedly) sexually harrassed Jenny McCarthy, Ray Charles' grandaughter, and four office assistants on the set of Out for Justice.

In 2010, a 23-year-old former model who was hired as Steven's "executive assistant" claims that, when she showed up to work for her first day, she learned that "Mr. Seagal had been keeping two young female Russian 'attendants' on staff who were available for his sexual needs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week." He was sued for sexual harassment, illegal trafficking of females for sex, failure to prevent sexual harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination and false representation about employment. The matter was "resolved privately" by Steven's lawyer, and the case dismissed.

HE "DESIGNED" AN ENERGY DRINK

Oh, sorry, did I say "energy drink"? I meant "sizzling nutraceutical beverage." (That's really what the press release refers to them as. Yikes.)
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

There's this too

I'm sure POTUS made the time this week to attend to Steven's needs. It's not like he had anything better to do...

Seagal’s plea for extort pal
    Last Updated: 8:08 AM, January 22, 2013
    Posted: 11:50 PM, January 21, 2013

Steven Seagal is asking for a presidential pardon to be handed to film producer Julius Nasso, who was convicted of teaming up with the Gambino crime family to shake him down.

Even though Nasso pleaded guilty to conspiracy to extort Seagal and was sentenced to a year in federal prison in 2003, the tough-guy actor has written to the office of the pardon attorney at the Department of Justice.

In the letter, exclusively obtained by Page Six, Seagal said, “I have no objections to and would support the application (when it is timely) of Julius R. Nasso for a Presidential pardon.”

Nasso, who had been a business partner of Seagal for 10 years, has asked President Obama to grant him an official pardon for his conviction.

It was reported that martial arts black-belt Seagal had severed his relationship with Nasso when the actor decided to stop making violent action films on the advice of his spiritual guru.

But Nasso had already lined up four action projects for him, and set up meetings with Gambino captain Anthony “Sonny” Ciccone and other Gambino associates to persuade the ponytailed powerhouse to do the movies. Seagal went to the FBI saying Nasso was trying to extort money from him.

Prosecutors said Nasso turned to Ciccone to pressure Seagal for $60 million the producer thought he was owed when the screen star backed out of the action-movie projects.

Nasso was convicted on the extortion attempt charge, the judge found no proof he was a member of an organized crime family. He was released two months early on good behavior in 2005.

Ciccone is still in a federal prison.

As part of a deal to dissolve their production companies in 2007, Seagal agreed to support Nasso in his bid to get an official pardon.

Nasso’s lawyer, Robert Hantman, said Nasso is producing movies again. “Julius is now looking forward to hopefully getting a pardon,” he said, adding, “Seagal supporting him for a pardon is apropos of two close friends who had a falling out.” Seagal’s rep didn’t comment.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Several months ago, I was watching a local morning news program, and a guest, comedian Jo Koy, was there, and they had Steven Seagal via satellite. It was to promote Seagal's new show or whatever. Seagal was out of it. He looked half asleep. The female anchor was gushing, saying how when she was a girl, Seagal's movies were a staple in her household. Seagal angrily mumbled, "What's a staple?" The whole rest of the interview was a disaster, Seagal looking like he wanted to be somewhere else, and the male anchors were audibly cracking up.

After Seagal's spot was over, the weatherman said, "Duh! What's a staple?" Then Jo Koy made several mocking, mercilessly funny Steven Seagal jokes, and the entire newsroom was laughing.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 01-24-2013 at 03:19 AM.

“Judo” Gene LeBell Talks The Steven Seagal Incident

funny story - involves sh*tting of the pants.

SNL weekend update nailed this

Seth Meyers said something to the effect of how Seagal would be teaching how to defeat terrorists using quick editing cuts.
    Sheriff Arpaio Enlists Martial Arts Film Star Steven Seagal To Train School Guards‏
    Written by Jim Kouri
    February 10, 2013

In spite of being denigrated by Democrats in his state, the man known as “America’s Toughest Sheriff” is enlisting the assistance of movie star Steven Seagal, who is known for his unarmed combat prowess, to train volunteer armed guards to protect Arizona schools within his jurisdiction against gunmen and other violent perpetrators this weekend, according to a spokesperson.

Maricopa County, Ariz., Sheriff Joe Arpaio, one of President Barack Obama’s fiercest critics, claims his commonsense plan will aid in avoiding a repeat of the Newtown, Conn., school shooting that left 27 people dead, including the gunman and 20 first-graders in December, according to Sergeant Brandon Jones, MCSO spokesperson.

“Sheriff Arpaio is loved by his constituents and despised by the liberal-left,” former Maricopa County Attorney’s Office prosecutor Rachel Alexander, who worked with Arpaio, told the Law Enforcement Examiner. “He’s also one of the few true policing innovators in the U.S. today.”

The Seagal-Arpaio training program is scheduled to begin today at a school site located in a Phoenix suburb where Arpaio’s SWAT team will assist in setting up various scenarios. Democrats became angry when they discovered that actual students would be used in the training exercise.

The volunteers will become unpaid members of the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Department and will be sworn in as peace officers by Arpaio, a Republican.

Seagal, who is considered one of the top martial arts experts-turned actor, will train the volunteer sheriff’s posse in Japanese defense tactics known as Aikido, a system that uses hand and foot strikes, arm and body locks, choke holds and other tactics.

The posse members will also learn techniques from other martial arts systems such as Jiu-Jitsu, Karate, Tae Kwon Do, Hapkido and other styles, according to Sheriff Arpaio.

Semiautomatic rifles and handguns called simunitions (guns which use marking rounds rather than bullets) will be used by the posse volunteers throughout the training. Four scenes will be offered simultaneously and each will be held in separate parts of the school building, noted Sgt. Jones.

Media were permitted to shoot one active simulated scenario. This photo-opportunity will be coordinated by the on-site media relations officers. Interested media must be in place at 1:45 p.m. at the Sheriff’s Command post which will be parked in the vacant school parking area.

During the training sessions and photo-ops, Sheriff Arpaio was scheduled to answer any questions pertaining to the day’s training from the Command Post. That briefing will be followed by media assignments for the filming of active scenarios inside the school building. At the conclusion of the training, posse volunteers, instructors and the Sheriff were available for comment.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

nyet

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Seagal's X

There are more pix if you follow the link. I only cherrypicked a few.

EXCLUSIVE: 'I hated myself': Woman In Red star Kelly LeBrock emerges from hiding for first stunning photoshoot in years to reveal the toll drugs and divorce took on her life
    By Jeff Maysh
    PUBLISHED: 09:50 EST, 27 August 2013 | UPDATED: 05:22 EST, 28 August 2013

Kelly LeBrock's roles in 1980s movies Woman In Red and Weird Science made her the sexiest woman in the world.

Yet for years the actress has removed herself from the limelight, hiding away at her sprawling Santa Barbara, California ranch.

And now, speaking exclusively to MailOnline, Kelly reveals that her bitter 1996 divorce from action hero Steven Seagal after nine years of wedlock left her too afraid to leave her home.

Woman in red: Kelly LeBrock, who found fame in the '80s in such films as Woman In Red and was once wed to actor Steven Seagal, has offered a look at her life on a sprawling ranch in Santa Barbara, California

'I admit, I became a hermit,' says Kelly, 53. 'When I split with Steven, the divorce was very ugly, and details of the case were on the evening news. I didn't want my kids seeing it, so I simply got rid of the TV. I moved my kids out of LA so they could grow up with real people—the kids of gas pump attendants, plumbers, and real family people.

'I had absolutely no self-esteem. I hated myself. I decided to swap my old life in Beverly Hills for a new one in the country, in Santa Barbara.'

She lives in a single-storey farmhouse and spends her evenings riding her horse, Kiwi.

Home on the range: The still stunning actress lives in a single-story farmhouse and does most of the ranch work herself

Red hot: Kelly famously danced over an air vent in the 1984 comedy The Woman In Red

'I feared everything and didn’t want to leave the house,' she says. 'Sometimes I sleep three nights in a row outside with no tent, just under the stars. Just me and my horse. It brings me closer to the earth.

'I grow all my veggies and make my own cheese and yoghurt. It’s bloody exhausting! To work the land full time keeps me so fit that I haven’t worked out in seven years. I clean the pool myself, muck out the pigs and the horses.

It is a far cry from the model’s British upbringing as Le Brock was born in New York City to an Irish-Scottish mother, Mary Cecilia Traynor and to Harold Arthur Le Brock, an affluent businessman from Lake Champlain, New York.

The family moved to London when she was five, opening art galleries on Duke Street, St. James’, and another in Bond Street, while Kelly was sent to boarding schools in Sussex.

'I was 15 and a half when I started modeling. It’s a familiar tale, but I was at a party, and some dirty old man saw me and thought I was pretty. The next thing I knew I was on an airplane to the Seychelles to shoot an advertisement for British Airways. My father got me an agent and quickly, to my surprise, my modeling career took off and I became the new face of '70's fashion.'

Kelly became an overnight sensation, appearing in Harper’s Bazaar, Vogue and the top magazines of the time, working with such fashion photographers as Richard Avedon and David Bailey.

'I decided to move out of England to survive the drug scene and thought New York would be a safer place, but I was mistaken.

'I did take it too far, and when my weight dropped from 135 to 90 pounds my agent, Eileen Ford, called my mother and said, "You better get over here." I took my mother to Studio 54 and we danced all night, but she had no idea why I was so energetic.'

'Back in London I had been sheltered from the real world, but in America I was all alone and this terrified me. In England we were all genuine and nice, then suddenly I went straight to America and it was a foreign land. It was full of dangerous people, and I found it frightening and intimidating.'

Kelly witnessed the underbelly of New York’s drug scene and grew increasingly nervous of her new friends and their wild lifestyles.

'I had absolutely no self-esteem. I hated myself. I decided to swap my old life in Beverly Hills for a new one in the country'

When things seemed too bleak for her, Kelly turned her back on modeling and New York, and set her sights on Hollywood.

'I didn't want to get hooked on heroin and die like some of my friends. I decided to change my lifestyle and quit modeling and go to the next obvious thing, movies.'

Once in California, at age 24, Kelly married aspiring movie producer Victor Drai in 1984.

'We went to Paris, fell in love and rented a bunch of French movies. We saw Pardon Mon Affaire and decided it was a good film to remake in Hollywood.'

That film became Woman In Red, and Drai cast Kelly in the title role.

Kelly played the sexy siren Charlotte, Gene Wilder’s love interest, and in one iconic scene she stood atop an air vent that caused her red dress to billow upward in the wind.

Woman In Red became a box office sensation, grossing $25,308,147—a large sum for the time, and even won an Academy Award.

'It was a thrilling experience. Not only did it help me cut my teeth on movie making, but it also placed me at the movie’s center, which, I must say, overwhelmed me.'

'After Woman in Red, a few men in Hollywood had their eye on me,' admits Kelly, whose marriage to Victor Drai would end after only two years in 1986.

'Jack Nicholson, Warren Beatty and Billy Wilder used to come to the house. Billy once said to me, "If I was a little bit younger, I’d be directing you in a movie." He had directed Marilyn and I was flattered by is interest.'

In 1987, during a trip to Japan, Kelly’s publicist **** Gutman introduced her to martial artist and aspiring movie actor Steven Seagal in Japan.

Seagal was there to visit his ex-wife Miyako Fujitani and their two children at the same time as Kelly was shooting a 24-page feature for American Vogue.

Renaissance man: Kelly says that when she first met Steven Seagal, seen here with her in 1990's Hard To Kill, she was swept off her feet by his charms and his many talents

Remarkably, Steven had married La Russa before divorcing Fujitani, committing bigamy.

'I had spoken to Steven a number of times on the phone but I was going to blow him off.

'I finally said I would have a drink with him and when he came to my room I opened the door he was just standing there, six feet four inches tall, nice looking, slim, he spoke fluent Japanese and he could do acupuncture, chiropractics, sang, played guitar and drums, and could draw.

'There seemed to be nothing he couldn't do. He was an all-round Renaissance man and I was instantly attracted to him.

Yet from the start of their relationship, Kelly soon learned that there might be trouble ahead. Her initially favorable impression of Seagal would soon evaporate and her marriage would tailspin into a horror story.

Family portrait: The couple, seen here in 1989 with their first child Annaliza; their marriage produce three children in total

In 1988, Kelly says she suffered a horrendous incident at the hands of Seagal that would change their relationship forever and lead to a stormy divorce.

'Writing about that experience in my book has been incredibly painful, but I’m relieved the truth will finally come out.'

Kelly says that it was her love for their three children—Dominic, Annaliza and Arissa Seagal—that caused her to stay with Seagal through many explosive and traumatic times.

Kelly has spent the past few years writing a tell-all book and is preparing to make a return to Hollywood.

'I see kids like Lindsay Lohan going off the rails because she has no one there for her. Lindsay reminds me of a 12 year old, like a little girl stuck in a young woman’s body, with all the drugs and alcohol.'
    I blame Steven for ruining her.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

ttt 4 2014!

Gotta luv him. Just gotta.
    Steven Seagal would be a strange Arizona governor
    Our View: But his candidacy would be hilarious, would it not?

Actor Steven Seagal is interviewed by the media in March, 2011 after Maricopa County sheriff's officers arrested a man suspected of running a ****fighting operation.
    Deirdre Hamill/ The Republic

By Editorial board
    The Republic | azcentral.com
    Mon Jan 6, 2014 6:23 PM
    Our valued colleague E.J. Montini beat us to the punch on this one, but we nevertheless must add our enthusiastic encouragement to actor Steven Seagal, who says he is “remotely” considering running for governor of Arizona.

Please. Please consider it seriously. Or at least as seriously as a self-obsessed Hollywood actor, whose grasp of real Arizona issues is at best marginal, can contemplate such matters.

Seagal is a good friend of Arizona’s pre-eminent political camera hog, Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpiao. So, it is probably safe to presume that as a gubernatorial candidate, Seagal would be as unavoidable for comment as his political mentor. An abundant supply of humorless self-parody would be ours for the taking! Oh, the riches.

As is usually the case, a Seagal candidacy would be too good to be true, so it probably won’t happen. Arpaio and the actor are filming some kind of buddy-reality show called “Steven Seagal — Lawman: Maricopa County,” so these “remote” political aspirations likely are intended to promote the show more than reflect real aspirations.

But we can dream. And in our dreams, we see a really serious guy with a really bad hairpiece performing his own Arpaio impressions as he runs — hysterically — for governor of Arizona.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

He sure is sniffing a lot.

Russia Today interviews actor and martial arts expert Steven Seagal about Ukraine
    Steven Seagal isn't just an international relations expert. He also plays one on Russian news.

Events in Crimea are spiraling out of control, with Russian or pro-Russian forces holding key government buildings and military bases under siege. So naturally, Russia Today asked Steven Seagal to weigh in on the situation in Ukraine. He begins:

"Well, it's exactly the kind of thing we — meaning myself, several members of Congress, and millions of other people — have been trying to avoid. I hear a lot of political rhetoric, I hear a lot of political spinning." (audible sniff)

Steven Seagal is of course noted for his work in stopping the attempted terrorist takeover of the USS Missouri. No. No, that was a character he played in a movie. Steven Seagal is famous for his time as an NYPD detective and for the takedown of noted mafioso Richie Madano. No, wait. That was also a movie. Maybe he's famous for his time as an elite fire fighter who fought the corrupt Aegis Oil conglomerate? NOPE. Still a movie.

Wait — did RT just ask some random actor who played tough guys who relentlessly take the law into their own hands to comment on one of the largest games of geopolitical brinkmanship in recent memory?

Of course not! Steven Seagal is totally an international relations expert, if by that you mean he gets paid to promote the Russian firearms industry. He’s also a regional and subject matter expert, if by that you mean he shares a love of mixed martial arts with Russian President Vladimir Putin. And he's actually a big star in Russia.
    He was right about Sochi. Send Seagal in to Ukraine!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

very reasonable

"a brother"? oh brother.
    Movie Star Seagal Backs Russia's Actions in Crimea
    By Christopher Brennan
    Mar. 27 2014 00:00
    Last edited 15:23

Steven Seagal in Arizona on Oct. 27, 2012.

American action movie star Steven Seagal has given state-run newspaper Rossiskaya Gazeta a whopping 2,000 word interview in which he expressed support for Russia's actions in Crimea.

In the interview on the set of a movie he is shooting in Romania, Seagal said President Vladimir Putin's "desire to protect the Russian-speaking people of Crimea, his assets, and the Russian Black Sea military base in Sevastopol … is very reasonable."

Criticizing the "idiotic" U.S. policy on Ukraine, Seagal said the American media coverage of the crisis was promoting the agenda of U.S. President Barack Obama.

Seagal, a Republican who is thought to be a relatively close acquaintance of Putin partly due to their shared love of martial arts, said that Putin is "one of the great living world leaders" and that he "would like to consider him as a brother." Earlier this month he helped Putin promote the relaunch of a physical fitness program discontinued after the fall of the Soviet Union.

This is not the first time that the action star and former deputy sheriff has spoken to Kremlin-run media about the situation in Ukraine. Last month English language television station RT brought on Seagal, 61, as an expert panelist on the situation in the country.

Rossiskaya Gazeta pumped up the actor's political prowess by mentioning that fellow actors like former California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger and former U.S. President Ronald Reagan have played major roles in politics and saying that Seagal is "no less popular or authoritative in the world today."

The newspaper's faith in his stardom may be misplaced, however. The celebrity popularity tracking STARmeter on movie site imdb.com, places Seagal 1,454th for overall star popularity while Schwarzenegger ranks 124th.

In addition to discussing Ukraine during the interview — published Wednesday — the newspaper asked whether Seagal would run for governor of Arizona, to which the actor said it was more important to be a peacemaker than the leader of a state.

Seagal also said that although he loves the United States, it is possible — "sometime" — that he will follow the lead of French movie star Gerard Depardieu and take Russian citizenship.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

THATS JUST GREAT!! Another martial arts swashbuckler who is trying to put his hand in politics.

He will leave the place a train wreck!!!

Haha NATO have turned around and threatened PUTIN over his little incursion/annexation.

Back in 98 the world press was warning that he would threaten ww3 in a strange love manner. Mean while, the martial arts community has been ramping his profile, which goes to show the idiotic, politically impoverished mindsets of the martial arts 'world'!

THATS JUST GREAT!! Another martial arts swashbuckler who is trying to put his hand in politics.

He will leave the place a train wreck!!!

Haha NATO have turned around and threatened PUTIN over his little incursion/annexation.

Back in 98 the world press was warning that he would threaten ww3 in a strange love manner. Mean while, the martial arts community has been ramping his profile, which goes to show the idiotic, politically impoverished mindsets of the martial arts 'world'!

past two nights, i rewatched above the law and hard to kill

man early seagal is awesome! i recall there was no action star doing aikido let alone wristlocks/breaks and it was a breath of fresh air for the action movies scene coming from hollywood

so sad how the rest of his life turned out

Concert for Crimea

The Night Wolves? That is just too awesome for words.

American actor Steven Seagal reportedly performs in Crimea
    Published August 10, 2014
    Associated Press

MOSCOW – The Russian news RIA Novosti says American actor and musician Steven Seagal has performed at a concert in the breakaway region of Crimea on a stage decorated with the flag of pro-Russian separatists fighting in eastern Ukraine.

Seagal, who knows Russian President Vladimir Putin, performed with his blues band Saturday night in the Black Sea port city of Sevastopol at a concert organized by a motorcycle gang of Russian nationalists known as the Night Wolves. Russia annexed the Ukrainian region in March.

RIA Novosti reported that Seagal was then handed a shirt with Putin's face on it, which he held aloft as he thanked the crowd.

Fighting in eastern Ukraine continued to rage Sunday while Ukrainian officials demanded that the insurgents surrender.
    Steven Seagal plays at concert for pro-Russia separatists in Ukraine
    Actor, musician and Vladimir Putin's friend performs with band at pro-'Donetsk People's Republic' show in Sevastopol, Crimea
    Agence France-Presse in Sevastopol
    theguardian.com, Sunday 10 August 2014 09.19 EDT

US action movie actor Steven Seagal on stage at a bikers' show in the Crimean city of Sevastopol. Photograph: Yuri Lashov/AFP/Getty Images

Hollywood actor and musician Steven Seagal played a weekend concert in the Crimean peninsula, appearing on a stage adorned with the flag of pro-Russia separatists in Ukraine.

Seagal and his blues band played on Saturday at a bikers' show held in the city of Sevastopol, home to Russia's Black Sea fleet. The star has come under fire for supporting Russia's March annexation of the peninsula from Ukraine, a view that saw him bounced from the lineup at an Estonian blues festival this summer.

At the corner of the stage hung the black, blue and red flag of the self-proclaimed "Donetsk People's Republic" (DNR), declared independent by pro-Russia rebels fighting to break away from Ukraine. Fans waved Russian and DNR flags as Seagal performed.

The US and EU have imposed sanctions on Russia over its annexation of Crimea and for allegedly providing weapons and support to the rebels in eastern Ukraine.

Seagal said he had travelled to Crimea because music unites people, Russia's RIA Novosti news agency reported. In a March interview with a Russian newspaper, Seagal was quoted as saying that President Vladimir Putin's desire to protect Russians in Crimea was completely reasonable.

Crimea's largely Russian-speaking residents voted in March to become part of Russia in a hastily organised referendum held as Russian troops patrolled the Black Sea peninsula they had occupied only weeks before.

Seagal said he considers Putin, with whom he has promoted martial arts in Russia, "a friend and I'd like to consider him a brother". Putin's spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters last year that the Russian president and Seagal have been friends for a long time and meet regularly.

Russian media also reported Seagal put on a Putin T-shirt given to him by the concert's organiser. In television footage broadcast on a channel owned by Russia's defence ministry, Seagal can be heard telling his hosts about his Russian ancestors.

In the March newspaper interview Seagal said he did not rule out eventually seeking Russian citizenship in addition to his US citizenship.
    For more on Seagal music, see our 6-6-6 thread.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips