Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Land of the dead

Land of the dead

who saw it and what you think? my only complaint was that i think the zombies were too smart and didnt decay enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

I liked so much of it but hated somethings about it. I hated the smart zombie. I liked the zombies re-enacting their lives. I hated that somehow the people in the city managed to survive while being really stupid which made no sense. I hated the live and let live ending.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

The movie was meant to be a cool vombie movie, but also be a social commentary on the post 9/11 united states
    ...excert from see I'm not keen enough yet to figure it out on my own
    http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercu...t/11984468.htm
    ``Land of the Dead'' is a have and have-not story -- timely, given the current focus on the chasm among classes in the United States. An elite few live the good life in a skyscraper while the masses suffer in squalor. Mercenaries scour the suburbs, gunning down zombies and foraging for groceries for the urban privileged.
    The wealthy use fear of zombies to control the living population, an angle Romero uses to comment on the post-Sept. 11 world.
    ``Since 9/11, a fear came into it, and people have capitalized on how productive fear can be as a device,'' co-star Baker says.

Greetings,

Smart Zombies are not such a bad idea and is a logical continuation. Bub in Dawn of the Dead (the original one) was the first. It shows that they are evolving.

mickey

I saw it yesterday and really enjoyed it. I envision the zombies evolving to the conciousness of a caveman (sorry to all you sensitive cavemen) where the live humans become advisors or wizard like guys who help each zombie warlord. Until they all have to band together to fight the aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by mickey
    Greetings,

Smart Zombies are not such a bad idea and is a logical continuation. Bub in Dawn of the Dead (the original one) was the first. It shows that they are evolving.

mickey
    this is true

EDIT: i thought it was day of the dead though
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Quote Originally Posted by PangQuan
    this is true

EDIT: i thought it was day of the dead though
    it was day of the dead. just a misspelling.
    yeah the zombies were too smart. basic stuff like chopping with knife and stuff. but their brains are decomposing. but it makes sense for them to remember stuff. surprised the water didnt have walls either. if they were smart humans, they would have put up walls around the water too.
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Yes Gentlemen,

It was definitely Day of the Dead. Thank you for the correction.

mickey

anyone hear of that movie undead? its coming out today teh 1st, but i guess only in la and nyc. boo hoo

Shaolinlueb,

I read a review of the undead and it was trashed. Then again, cult classics often do get trashed.

Remember "Showgirls"? Now a cult classic. The two things I abhorred about that movie was that horrible rape scene and the director's inability to balance what we saw there with what Nomi did to the singer later. I desperately needed to see everything she did to that guy after that scene and it was simply left to the viewers imagination. The rape scene could have been handled similarly.

A future cult classic: Bubba Ho-Tep

But I digress.

mickey
    Last edited by mickey; 07-01-2005 at 06:28 PM.

Shaun of the Dead is sweet

Anyone see Shaun of the Dead? That's the best zombie movie besides maybe the original Night of the Living dead. Even Romero said "Shaun of the Dead is sweet".

Quote Originally Posted by mickey

A future cult classic: Bubba Ho-Tep
    YES.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

what is this bubba ho-tep?

it sounds interesting.

One of the BEST MOVIES EVER! Bruce Campbell as Elvis. A guy I can't remember playing JFK but he did a brilliant job. He also was black. Evil mummies who suck the life out of old folks because nobody will notice!
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

SimonM beat me to it.

The Guy who played JFK was Ossie Davis, who passed away a few months ago. I don't want to say more because I would spoil it. Just see it. Great stuff.

mickey