Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JKD Legal dispute

JKD Legal dispute

I read on another forum that the Bruce Lee estate have banned anyone (apart from them) useing the term Jeet Kune Do, does anyone know if this is true and what will happen to the concepts type schools?
    Regards
    Peter

There will now be alot of "Jit Kuen Tao" around...
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

THe term "Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do" (TM) has been copyrighted. "Bruce Lee" (TM)may have been trademarked as well when refering to thee "Bruce Lee" (TM). Only people that are considered to teach pure Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do (TM) can use the term and the symbols associated with it. Taky Kimura, Ted Wong, Allen Joe and their strict disciples are the only ones I believe. If you try to use the likeness, or trademarked terms and symbols of Bruce Lee (TM) without permission from Concord Moon or the Bruce Lee Foundation, there may be legal action. I think the BLF is going to make a list of the "real" JUn Fan Jeet Kune Do (TM) schools and teachers and all else will be considered as phonies. For more info here is the BLF website:

http://www.bruceleefoundation.com/br...ges/logos.html

I personally don't agree with all of it, but it may prevent people from making a buck off of Bruce Lee when they don't have much to do with JKD or Bruce Lee.
    Dan Inosanto won't be included in their "in" group, although he does teach Jun Fan Gung Fu and applies the concepts of JKD to other arts.
    Last edited by bonetone; 06-29-2005 at 02:23 PM.

Its all true, but no one seems to give a ****.

strike!

Yes, it seems like the only people hat have changed their ways are the major magazine publications. Black belt and Inside KunG fu no longer sport Lee on their covers and mention JKD and Bruce lee as little as possible, and when they do they have to put a registered trademark symbol. Not even Dan Inosanto's articles mention JKD or Lee, but he will say "my sifu" when refering to Lee to bypass legal issues. It will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

What a load of arse.
    Legal leeching and Vampiric Necrophilia.
    It's about money, plain and simple.

It'd be nice to think Bruce would have been against it, but I'm pretty sure he'd be in favour.
    I just wish they could be moe subtle about their greed and desperation.

Dunno what exactly happened between Linda and Dan, but I know who I'd rather listen to for directions.
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Originally posted by SifuAbel
    OMG, some body got a DNA sample from the burnt carcass of the last dead horse, separated the live cells, cloned another horse, watched it grow, let it come to maturity and then
    PROCEEDED TO BEAT IT TO DEATH , AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

A big mess

The JKD world is slowly crumbling and MMA/NHB is taking it's place. There will always be those "gung ho" killer types who vow they only practice street fighting.

Other than that, read my experience with my instructor in Original JKD and see why there is little hope.

http://www.saifanmartialarts.com/journal.html

Post your comments, I'd love to hear them.

Thank God this is happening. Maybe now all the BL nutriders will go away. At this stage of the game I don't think Inosanto needs the BLF for credibility.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by rogue
    Thank God this is happening. Maybe now all the BL nutriders will go away. At this stage of the game I don't think Inosanto needs the BLF for credibility.

Talk about misinformed. You are a troll aren't you?

Anyway, Inosanto has been discredited enough, check out any other JKD forum (particularly how he claims he was the only one given permission to teach JKD when there are about 5 others AFTER him), because this is just beating a dead horse.

For JKD as Bruce taught it, no one goes to Dan. That's common knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by M.Viking
    Talk about misinformed. You are a troll aren't you?
    That's an LOL moment right there.

Anyway, Inosanto has been discredited enough, check out any other JKD forum (particularly how he claims he was the only one given permission to teach JKD when there are about 5 others AFTER him), because this is just beating a dead horse.

For JKD as Bruce taught it, no one goes to Dan. That's common knowledge.
    So, anyone seeking Bruce Lee's style of no-style doesn't go to Inosanto. Interesting.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash

So, anyone seeking Bruce Lee's style of no-style doesn't go to Inosanto. Interesting.
    Inosanto is more interested in Silat, Kali, BJJ, and whatever style becomes flavor of the month next. He calls it JKD Concepts. So you don't learn the techniques of JKD but the thought process and how to apply it to other arts. I've never seen a student of his actually apply the "concepts" but to each his own.

People who want JKD AS BRUCE TAUGHT IT, seek out original students who teach the JUN FAN JKD principles.

Or....

You can go to the source & learn some yip man wing chun which is the core of Jun Fan anyway. All of those concepts and principles are there which is where he got them in the first place. And Bruce never completed the system either. Imagine if he did... The word 'jeet', to intercept, is a wing chun concept. JMHO.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    the word Jeet isn't a wing chun concept, it is a Gung-Fu concept, found within practically every Chinese Syetem. As is intercepting intention,inch power, and formlessness, or Mo-Wai-spontaneous action/reaction. All very basic concepts in All CMA. WC is simply the vehicle Lee chose to develop his tools.
    Bottom line-it's all the same s***. It's not about style, it's about tools, skills, and attributes.

Be that as it may, jeet is a concept in my WC as well as Gung-fu. I seriously doubt there would have ever even have been a JKD of Bruce had never heard of WC, much less the popular term Gung Fu. JMHO

so dan absorbs what works? thats JKD isnt it? teaching JKD as a system isnt what bruce wanted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.