Thread: The Return of Walker, Texas Ranger

The Return of Walker, Texas Ranger

Chuck Norris's brother wanted to direct. Chuck said you can direct me in an MOW of Walker. Isn't nepotism great?
    ~The table saw is my weapon of
    choice

Anyone ever see the Conan O'Brien epsidoes with the radnom clips of Walker...that was funny.
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

Walker Texas Ranger Legends Episode

Found this gem the other day browsing, was cool to see some of the old greats on here. Enjoy. Also, be sure to look for a young Cung Le during the young fighters segment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB0pqYoXeVU
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

is it just me or does joe lewis actually look like he wanted to fight that guy for real

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    is it just me or does joe lewis actually look like he wanted to fight that guy for real
    Nah, he just needed some fibre, that's all.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    the music is the awesome sauce....

and the street fighter sound effects top of the line...
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

ttt 4 2019!

‘Walker, Texas Ranger’ Reboot Starring Jared Padalecki In the Works
    By Nellie Andreeva
    Co-Editor-in-Chief, TV
    @DeadlineNellie

Shutterstock

EXCLUSIVE: There is a new Walker, Texas Ranger in town. Supernatural star Jared Padalecki is set to headline and executive produce Walker, a reimagining of CBS’ long-running 1990s action/crime series Walker, Texas Ranger, I have learned.

The project, written/executive produced by Anna Fricke (Valor) and executive produced by Dan Lin (Lethal Weapon) and Dan Spilo (Sunnyside), is being shopped by CBS TV Studios. I hear the CW, home of Padalecki’s long-running series Supernatural, has emerged as a leading contender for the new show, with CBS, which aired the Chuck Norris-starring Walker, Texas Ranger, also considered a possibility.

Photo by Moviestore/Shutterstock

Like the original series, created by Albert S. Ruddy & Leslie Greif, the reboot, in which Walker is getting a female partner, will explore morality, family, and rediscovering our lost common ground. At the center of the series is Cordell Walker (Padalecki), a man finding his way back to his family while investigating crime in the state’s most elite unit. Our broken widower and father of two returns home to Austin after being undercover for two years for a high profile case – only to discover that there’s even more work to be done at home. In a nod to the original series, Walker and his new partner — one of the only women in Texas Rangers’ history — are the modern day heroes our world needs, following their own moral code to fight for what’s right, regardless of the rules.

Texas native Padalecki and Fricke executive produce with Rideback’s Lin and Lindsey Libertore and Industry Entertainment’s Dan Spilo. Rideback and Industry Entertainment produce with CBS Studios.

I hear Walker is a straight reboot, in the vein of CBS’ Magnum PI and MacGyver, with a new incarnation of the beloved title character, vs. a sequel where the new lead is a descendant of the protagonist in the original series.

I hear there is great enthusiasm for Walker at the CW where Supernatural has been an institution, with its stars Padalecki and Jensen Ackles revered by CW fans and enjoying a very close relationship with the network’s president and big Supernatural fan Mark Pedowitz.

As Supernatural is heading into its 15th and final season, Pedowitz has made it clear that the door at the network is wide open for the creative team and talent of the show to return anytime. “You will always have a home here, and you will always have a personal fan in me,” he said at TCA last month.

Meanwhile, CBS has had success with reboots of classic procedurals like Hawaii Five-0, MacGyver and Magnum P.I., and the original Walker, Texas Ranger has a legacy on the network. It aired for eight seasons and spawned a followup TV movie, the 2005 Walker, Texas Ranger: Trial by Fire.
    Let's see now:
    Chuck Norris = Air Force veteran, Black Belt in Tang Soo Do, BJJ & Judo, National Karate Champion, Duelled Bruce in one of the greatest fight scenes ever, lead role in numerous martial arts films, source of many memes, etc.
    Jared Padalecki = ?

whole lotta nope for me here...
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Cw

It figures CW would take it.

‘Walker, Texas Ranger’ Reboot Starring Jared Padalecki Lands At The CW
    By Nellie Andreeva
    Co-Editor-in-Chief, TV
    @DeadlineNellie
    More Stories By Nellie
    October 11, 2019 1:04pm

Shutterstock

EXCLUSIVE: As he’s preparing to bid farewell to Sam Winchester, Supernatural star Jared Padalecki is gearing up for another run on the CW in a new character. The network has landed for development Walker, a reimagining of CBS’ 1990s action/crime series Walker, Texas Ranger, with Padalecki set to star and executive producing.

Walker extends Padalecki’s stay at the CW and predecessor the WB, which he had called home for the past two decades with roles on Gilmore Girls and Supernatural.

As we reported last month, the CW emerged early on as the leading contender for the new show, written/executive produced by Anna Fricke (Valor) and executive produced by Dan Lin (Lethal Weapon).

Like the original series, created by Albert S. Ruddy & Leslie Greif, the reboot, in which Walker is getting a female partner, will explore morality, family, and rediscovering our lost common ground. It centers on Cordell Walker (Padalecki), a widower and father of two with his own moral code, who returns home to Austin after being undercover for two years, only to discover there’s harder work to be done at home. He’ll attempt to reconnect with his children, navigate clashes with his conservative family, and find unexpected common ground with his new partner (one of the first women in Texas Rangers’ history), while growing increasingly suspicious about the circumstances surrounding his wife’s death.

Photo by Moviestore/Shutterstock

I hear Texas native Padalecki had been looking for an opportunity to stay close to home for his next series and sparked to the idea of revisiting Walker, Texas Ranger. Walker is believed to be a straight reboot, in the vein of CBS’ Magnum PI and MacGyver, with a new incarnation of the beloved title character, played by Padalecki, vs. a sequel where the new lead is a descendant of the protagonist in the original series, who was played by Chuck Norris.

Padalecki and Fricke executive produce Walker with Rideback’s Lin and Lindsey Libertore for CBS Studios.

From the moment word of Walker got out, there had been great enthusiasm for the project at the CW where Supernatural has been an institution, with its stars Padalecki and Jensen Ackles revered by CW fans and enjoying a very close relationship with the network’s president and Supernatural superfan Mark Pedowitz.

As Supernatural is ending its 15-season run, Pedowitz had made it clear that the door at the network was wide open for the creative team and talent of the show to return anytime. “You will always have a home here, and you will always have a personal fan in me,” he said at TCA in August. Because of Pedowitz’s strong affinity for Padalecki and Ackles and because of Supernatural‘s legacy at the network, I hear landing Walker was very important for the CW boss, who spearheaded the network’s aggressive bid.

Given its pedigree and Padalecki’s involvement, Walker a considered an instant leading contender for the CW’s 2020-21 lineup, along with the new Arrowverse spinoff. The CW has been high on reboots in the past few years with Charmed, Dynasty and Roswell all making it to the schedule and scoring renewals.

The original 1993 Walker, Texas Ranger aired on CBS for eight seasons and spawned a followup TV movie, the 2005 Walker, Texas Ranger: Trial by Fire.

Padalecki is repped by UTA, Industry Entertainment’s Dan Spilo and Fuller Law.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Walker...from CW

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Renewed for season 2

Feb 3, 2021 1:00pm PT
    ‘Walker,’ ‘Flash,’ ‘Riverdale’ Among 12 CW Shows to Score Early Renewals

By Joe Otterson

Rebecca Brenneman/THE CW
    The CW is renewing 12 of its scripted series, including an early Season 2 pick up for its freshman drama “Walker” starring Jared Padalecki.

The other shows are: “All American” (renewed for Season 4), “Batwoman” (renewed for Season 3), “Charmed” (Season 4), “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow” (Season 7), “Dynasty” (Season 5) “The Flash” (Season 8), “In The Dark” (Season 4), “Legacies” (Season 4), “Nancy Drew” (Season 3), “Riverdale” (Season 6), and “Roswell, New Mexico” (Season 4). “Legends of Tomorrow,” “In The Dark,” “Dynasty,” and “Roswell, New Mexico” have yet to debut with their new seasons yet this year.

Freshman shows “Kung Fu” and “The Republic of Sarah” were not among the early renewals, though both of those shows have yet to premiere on the broadcaster.

In addition, The CW has ordered five additional episodes for Season 1 of “Walker” and two additional episodes of “Superman & Lois.” That brings “Walker” to 18 episodes total for its first season and 15 for “Superman & Lois.”

“Though we’re just a few weeks into the new season, we wanted to get a strategic head start on next season with these early renewals, which allows our production teams to start laying out story arcs and hiring staff, and at the same time, continues to provide us with a strong, stable schedule to build on for next season,” said Mark Pedowitz, chairman and CEO of The CW. “As The CW’s 2020-2021 season kicks into high gear, we are thrilled creatively with the direction of our first new shows out of the gate, ‘Walker’ and ‘Superman & Lois,’ that we wanted to order the additional episodes to complete their first seasons, and we are particularly pleased with the huge success of the launch of ‘Walker,’ which debuted as our most watched series premiere in 5 years.”

The CW has often made such sweeping renewal announcements, but this one comes as television networks continue to grapple with fallout from the pandemic. For the second year in a row, broadcast pilot season has been upended as the networks still work through the shows they had ordered to pilot last year.

The CW is also plotting spinoffs of multiple shows in its lineup via backdoor pilots. The network is currently prepping such a pilot for a potential “Black Lightning” spinoff built around the character Painkiller that will air during the mothership show’s fourth and final season. It was also recently announced that Tian Richards will make his first appearance as Tom Swift in an upcoming episode of “Nancy Drew,” potentially setting up his own spinoff. Most recently, the network announced that Geffri Maya would star in a backdoor pilot for a spinoff of “All American.”
    Anyone watch Walker yet?

Threads
    Walker
    Batwoman
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

The CW’s Walker: Independence

Greg Hovanessian Joins The CW’s ‘Walker: Independence’ Pilot As Series Regular
    By Matt Grobar
    Film Reporter

March 10, 2022 2:56pm

Courtesy of Megan Vincent
    EXCLUSIVE: Greg Hovanessian (Another Life) will star alongside Matt Barr as a series regular in The CW’s Walker: Independence pilot.

The new, one-hour project is a Walker origin story set in the late 1800s that follows Abby Walker, an affluent Bostonian whose husband is murdered before her eyes while on their journey out West. On her quest for revenge, Abby crosses paths with Hoyt Rawlins (Barr), a lovable rogue in search of purpose. Abby and Hoyt’s journey takes them to Independence, Texas, where they encounter diverse, eclectic residents running from their own troubled pasts and chasing their dreams. The newfound family will struggle with the changing world around them, while becoming agents of change themselves in a town where nothing is what it seems.

Hovanessian will play Tom Davidson, the new Sheriff in Independence. Tom’s handsome for someone you don’t know is the devil. And Abby has reason to believe that Tom is a very bad man indeed. Quick to take over Abby’s late husband Liam’s job, Tom is now a smiling power in the town.

Seamus Fahey adapted the pilot script from a story he wrote with Anna Fricke. Larry Teng is directing. Fahey, Teng and Jared Padalecki are exec producing with Fricke and Laura Terry under their Pursued by a Bear banner, alongside Rideback’s Dan Lin and Lindsey Liberatore. CBS Studios is the studio behind both Walker and Walker: Independence.

Hovanessian is best known for his recurring roles as Beauchamp McCarry in Netflix’s sci-fi series Another Life, Dr. Chuck Stewart in Hallmark Channel’s When Hope Calls, and Wes Foster in Spike’s The Mist. He has also appeared on Lifetime’s UnReal as well as Reign, Nikita and Covert Affairs. The actor’s most recent film project is Western drama The Redeemer. He also appeared in Roland Emmerich’s battle epic, Midway, as well as indie drama The Fight Machine, and eHERO, for which he won Best Actor at the Houston Film Festival.

Hovanessian is represented by Robert Stein Management and RED Management in Vancouver.
    Hold the phone...there's a spinoff? Someone here should watch this and report back. I'm already biting the CW bullet and watching Kung Fu for y'all and that's as much CW as I can tolerate...

threads
    The-Return-of-Walker-Texas-Ranger
    The CW’s Walker: Independence
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

RIP Clarence Gilyard Jr.

Nov 28, 2022 10:03pm PT
    Clarence Gilyard Jr., ‘Walker, Texas Ranger’ and ‘Die Hard’ Star, Dies at 66

By J. Kim Murphy

Priscilla Grant/Everett Collection

Clarence Gilyard Jr., an actor best known for starring in “Walker, Texas Ranger” and his supporting performance in “Die Hard,” has died. He was 66 years old. No further details about his death are available at this time.

Gilyard’s death was confirmed through a statement by the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. Gilyard had been working as a film and theatre professor at UNLV College of Fine Arts.

“Professor Gilyard was a beacon of light and strength for everyone around him,” UNLV film chair Heather Addison said. “Whenever we asked him how he was, he would cheerfully declare that he was ‘Blessed!’ But we are truly the ones who were blessed to be his colleagues and students for so many years. We love you and will miss you dearly, Professor G!”

An accomplished film, television and theatre actor, Gilyard made a lasting impression in the 1980’s after a series of guest star TV appearances, making his film debut as Sundown in “Top Gun” and playing the terrorist computer **** Theo in “Die Hard” with a gleeful menace. In 1989, he scored a regular gig on primetime television with “Matlock,” playing Conrad McMasters, a P.I. for Andy Griffith’s lead criminal defense attorney.

Gilyard appeared on 85 episodes of “Matlock” before departing the series in 1993 for an even bigger role: Jimmy Trivette, the right hand man to Chuck Norris’ tough sergeant on CBS’ Western crime series “Walker, Texas Ranger.” He appeared in all 196 episodes of the series’ eight season. After the finale in 2001, Gilyard continued to act in various films and TV shows.

Born Dec. 24, 1955 in Moses Lake, Wash., Gilyard grew up a military brat, moving across air bases throughout the U.S. during his adolescence before his family settled in California. After spending a year at the Air Force Academy as a cadet, Gilyard attended Sterling College and, later, California State University, Long Beach and California State University, Dominguez Hills, where he earned a bachelor’s degree in acting.

Gilyard returned to academia later in life, joining the department of theatre at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas as an associate professor in 2006. Gilyard also worked as a producer and director, helming an episode of “Walker, Texas Ranger.”

Gilyard was previously married to Catherine Dutko. He married Elena Gilyard in 2001.
    We don't have a thread devoted to the original Walker series so this will have to do.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips