Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SF Bay Area workshops supported by the Tiger Claw Foundation

SF Bay Area workshops supported by the Tiger Claw Foundation

This is an ongoing thread to promote Tiger Claw Foundation workshops that are being held in the San Francisco Bay Area. Please proceed to the end of the thread to get to the most recent event listing.

July 2005: Our non-profit branch, the Tiger Claw Foundation, is supporting several workshops during the month of July. You'll find workshops from Grandmasters Tu Jin-Sheng, Liang Shou-Yu and David Chin, as well as an NHB/Tai Chi seminar from Master Chris Heintzmann. Check it out at TigerClawFoundation.org and we hope to see you there!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Last call for Grandmaster Tu's Iron Palm workshop

I helped GM Tu work out his booklet for his Yin Yang Bagua Iron Palm for Self Defense & Healing workshop this weekend. He almost always provides some sort of written material, and in the signature GM Tu style, this is a fresh perspective on Iron Palm. He goes far past the typical conditioning courses most Iron Palm masters cover and into what could best be described as TCM CMA reflexology. If you know anything about homunculos theory in auricular acupuncture, or hand or foot anmo, this is akin to that. It's a bit heady at first, but it follow Taoist logic and I'm surprised that no other Iron Palm masters have ventured into this field yet. The ****hest they go is to say 'you'll go blind if you do it wrong' and how often have we heard that? The blindness theory stems from damaging acupoints that connect to the eyes, but if you've studied acupoints, you know that there are a lot more connections. GM Tu shows how to use various striking patterns as therapy by stimulating those acupoints. We may develop it into some kind of upcoming article, but until then, this should prove to be a good seminar.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Thanks for your support!

Grandmaster Tu's seminar went well - thank you for everyone who came out for it.

Next weekend (July 23-24) is Grandmaster Liang Shou-yu's two seminars. Combat Locks (Xiaoyao Na) on Saturday. Qigong Fundamentals on Sunday.

The following Saturday (July 30) is Master Chris Heintzmann (Internal Power for Street Fighting and No-Holds-Barred) and Grandmaster David Chin (The Great Dao of Sin Tien Wu Gi Qigong & Tai Chi Chuan).

Hope to see you there!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Last Call for Grandmaster Liang's seminars

Once again, I'm sorry I have to miss Grandmaster Liang's seminars personally, but this time, I'll be at Taiji Legacy (in fact, I leave in just a few hours and hope to see some of you there). GM Liang's work has always intrigued me. His Xiaoyao system is very interesting and of course, his work with qigong is exceptional. His book, Qigong Empowerment is one of the best works in English on the topic, and his skill is evident in his daughter's successful battle against cancer with qigong (for you Helen Liang fans, yes, she will be there too). I hope some of you locals can come out and support GM Liang's seminars - it's a great chance to experience some top level instruction!

Next week - Master Chris Heintzmann and GM David Chin - see Tiger Claw Foundation for more details!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Thanks again!

Thank you to everyone who helped support Grandmaster Liang Shouyu last weekend. I only got to see GM Liang and Helen for a short time yesterday - as always way too short. What's more, we also had Chu Muyan in the office, the 2004 Olympic Gold medalist in TKD. What a way to come back from Taiji Legacy...

OK, just one more seminar to go and I can let this thread die for a while.

This weekend is Grandmaster David Chin and his disciple Master Chirs Heintzmann. Chris has been making great headway as a CMA person in NHB with a record of 5/2/0. His last big win was over Mark “the Shark” Miller in 1:27 of first round by TKO (see the Nov Dec 2004 issue Tiger Claw ad on the inside cover). Chris is also the Heavyweight and Superhvywt champ of the USTWKF and the two-time defending champ of Scott Sheely's Iron Tiger Challenge. Hope all you locals can come out and support!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Lunch

GM David Chin, Master Chris Heintzmann, Sanshou Champion Robert Bradley and another local student of Sifu Chin's who's name I didn't get, all came by the office yesterday. If you see Chris (like at the seminar this weekend - hint, hint) ask him about the midgets and ****roach dumplings...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Last Call for GM Chin and Master Heintzmann

I'm doing the booking on this one so call me at 510-656-5100 X137 before 5PM (PST obviously). Hope to see you there!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Thank you for everyone who came out to support!

Grandmaster David Chin's and master Chris Heintzmann's seminars went quite well - we only had a few pre-reg but people came out in droves at the door and it was standing room only for GM's Chin's workshop (which is good since it was on standing meditation mostly). Thanks again for everyone who came out and supported the efforts of the Tiger Claw Foundation , our non-profit branch.

I will let this thread die down now, until another local seminar comes up. We had a great run in July. Now it's time to get back to work that we are paid for...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Wushu Workshop with the Beijing Wushu Team 2005

Here's one for all your Wushu enthusiasts, and it's quite cheap, only $20 for an hour and a half with the BWT 2005, if you pay in advance. It's a week from today, Thursday, November 17 th, 2005 from 7:00-8:30PM, again at the the USA O-Mei Academy in Milpitas. To reserve a space, contact Sifu Tony Chen at (510) 504-5393 sifu@usaomei.com. For more information, see www.tigerclawfoundation.org.

The BWT are holding three performances while they are in the area. For more information on those, see www.beijingwushutour.com.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Thanks again everyone!

It looked like a nice seminar. I was only there at the beginning, but everyone seemed to be having a great time. Hope to see some of you at the shows this weekend.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Grandmaster Liang Shou-Yu’s "Gold Mountain" Seminar Series

Grandmaster Liang Shou-Yu will hold three special seminars on the “Gold Mountain,” the San Francisco Bay Area over the weekend of May 19th-21st. The seminars are in two locations: the USA Wu Chi Kung Fu Academy and the U.S.A O-Mei Kung Fu Academy, both in Fremont, California, just 40 miles south of San Francisco. Each academy is only handling reservations for their own seminars.

Kung Fu Applications for Self Defense
    Friday, May 19th, 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM

Qigong Retreat - Medical Health Maintenance Qigong
    Saturday, May 20th, 9:00 AM – 12:00 Noon; 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM

5-Elements Xingyi Intensive Workshop
    Sunday, May 21st, 9:00 AM – 12:00 Noon; 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM

See www.tigerclawfoundation.org for details.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Liang Shou-Yu's Gold Mountain Seminar series this week!

I'm really looking forward to the Sunday seminar since it covers my recent research. The 5-element Xingyi sword form applications were featured in Xingyi’s Dadao: The Lost Legacy of the Big Blade Troop in the March April 2006 of Kung Fu Tai Chi. The entire 5-element Xingyi long pole form was featured in The Traditional Art of 5 Elements Long Pole in the May June 2006 issue, on the newsstands now. Hope to see you there!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Last call on GM Liang Shou-Yu

We are expecting GM Liang and his daugther Helen to arrive here at the office any minute. I hope to see some of you TCF supporters on Sunday in Milpitas. Have a great weekend!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

6 hours, 5 elements, and I'm kinda sore...

Thank you to everyone who participated in our Gold Mountain seminar series with
    Grandmaster Liang Shou-Yu, the first official project of our newest division of the Tiger Claw Foundation, The Friends of Shaolin (unless you count my fundraising DVD, Shaolin Trips: The First World Traditional Wushu Festival )

Sunday's seminar at Master Tony Chen's went well. It was a lot of material - 5 elements across hand, sword, spear and qigong, so 5x4=20 discreet ideas. The class was very intimate, mostly instructors. Master He Tao, who sat in, reported that the Friday and Saturday seminars went well too. Thanks to everyone who came out and supported!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Shaolin Small Hong Fist by Shaolin Warrior Monk Shi Decheng

The first Shaolin Small Hong Fist seminar
    3rd Annual Shi Decheng Shaolin Seminar
    February 10th, 2007 1:00-3:00 Milpitas, CA

Small Hong Fist is one of the most popular forms practiced at Shaolin Temple today. Known in Chinese as xiaohongquan, this is a root form known by all Shaolin practitioners. If you’re new to Shaolin Kung Fu, Small Hong Fist is the first step towards mastery. If you’re already familiar with Small Hong Fist, this is an excellent opportunity to refine your skills with direct coaching from Master Shi Decheng. Following the seminar, Shi Decheng will be available for returning students to review of any previously learned Shaolin material. Note: All seminars will be taught in Mandarin with English translation.

Tuition: $45 per person.
    For more information and to reserve your place, contact Gene Ching at 510-656-5100 X137 or Gene@KungFuMagazine.com.

Location: USA O-Mei Kung Fu Academy, 451 Los Coches St, Milpitas, CA 95035 408-719-9288

In cooperation with www.russbo.com, www.usaomei.com, and www.sdcshaolin-kungfu.com and www.KungFuMagazine.com.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips