Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SF Bay Area workshops supported by the Tiger Claw Foundation

you're talking to yourself gene

some of these seminars look good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

talking to myself?

...well, I was, until you so rudely interrupted.

It's an announcement thread. I have a few of them down here in the basement forum. It's easier for me if I keep all the announcements together, plus it makes for a more interesting read. Since seminars are local, no use cluttering the topmost announcement with them. This stuff is locals only.

We started doing these Tiger Claw Foundation seminars back in 2004. Coincidentally, the first one was also with my Shaolin monk master, Shi Decheng, on my birthday no less (I wrote about it in Shaolin Trips - Episode Three: Resting on a Pillow). With Tiger Claw Foundation seminars, we work our butts off and don't make any money. In fact, we lose money. It's my master, so I personally take care of a lot of the costs out of my own pocket, although truth be told, my cost pales in comparison to my disciple brother Dr. Rich, who always bears the brunt of expenses for our master's visits. All the money from the seminars go directly to the master. I even work out a deal with my O-Mei master, Tony Chen, for free floor use. It's traditional to support traveling monks. For each of these seminars listed above, it's stuff that we've promoted on our free time and at our own cost, as a personal favor to the visiting master. It's the Tiger Claw Foundation. It's our martial charity work.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

ttt

Shi Decheng's visit has spawned a more topical thread on the Shaolin forum, which is my excuse for ttt'ing this thread once more.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Seminar

My Shixiong, Ye Xinglie (Andy) is hosting our master Shi Decheng at his school, USA Shaolin Kungfu Zen Academy in San Jose, CA. Below is some of the text from his flyer.

Shaolin Grandmaster Seminar
    Grand Master Shi Decheng 2017 American Tour Teaching Silicon Valley SKZ

12/9/2017 SAT 5:00-7:00pm Shaolin traditional hand form - Qixing Mantis and application $100
    12/10/2017 SUN 5:00-8:00pm Shaolin traditional hand form - Qixing Mantis and application and Xiao Huan Quan application $160

This is supported by the Tiger Claw Foundation. It is an SF Bay Area event.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Update

Tiger Claw Foundation
    Grand Master Shi Decheng 2017 American Tour Teaching Silicon Valley SKZ

The Tiger Claw Foundation is supporting the Grand Master Shi Decheng 2017 American Tour Teaching Silicon Valley SKZ on December 9-10 2017 at the USA Shaolin Kungfu Zen Academy (SKZ) in San Jose California. 12/9 SAT 5:00-7:00PM Shaolin Traditional Hand Form & Qixing Mantis and application ($100). 12/10 SUN 5:00-8:00PM Shaolin Traditional Hand Form & Qixing Mantis and application and Xiao Huan Quan application ($160). For reservations: usaskz@gmail.com or (408) 806-0155

In cooperation with ShaolinKungfuZen.com, sdcshaolin-kungfu.com, TigerClaw.com and KungFuMagazine.com
    Decheng did some seminars in Florida with German Garcia last weekend. He's also in Las Vegas with Shi Xingwei.

Seminar by Shaolin Warrior Monk Shi Decheng - SF Bay Area TCF supported event
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Master Chen Bing Bay Area Tai Chi Workshops

Master Chen Bing Bay Area Tai Chi Workshops
    The Tiger Claw Foundation is supporting the Master Chen Bing Bay Area Tai Chi Workshops on June 20-23, 2023 at the Omei Academy, 10070 Imperial Ave., Cupertino CA 95014. Contact Maria Tzankova at USATCFoundation@gmail.com.
    In cooperation with https://usatcf.org and www.KungFuMagazine.com.

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips