Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: you know you are getting old when.......

OT: you know you are getting old when.......

When young people start to irritate you.

When "longer than you've been alive" ends most of your comebacks.

When you think to yourself, "Geez , was I that stupid?."

When some YDFOC teenager does it for 3 hours and calls it a "quicky". (OK thats just age envy, that won't last anyway, Mwhahahaha.)

When ten years ago you were still an older adult, doing the same thing, and they weren't.

When you wake up 20 minutes before your body does.

When people don't realize that computers, touchtone phones , color television, the internet, expensive gas, camcorders, and many other things didn't exist or wasn't available when I was born.

When your first thought after doing something cool that impresses people is, "I still got it."

Or worse when they say, "Wow!, You still got it." Oh lord............

Whe you sing out, "here I come to save the day!!!!" and people DON'T know where that comes from.

hahah!

But you forgot "You know you are old when you have to exhale real loud to sit down in a chair." I'm starting to get that myself.
    Punching is loving.

Quote Originally Posted by g0pher
    hahah!

But you forgot "You know you are old when you have to exhale real loud to sit down in a chair." I'm starting to get that myself.

Or sigh after a good BM. Or when BMs become important events.

I don't have a problem with ripening at all.

when I was younger, things were much more awkward and hard to understand and do.

Now, things come easier, there is less misunderstanding or miscomprehension about stuff.

But I guess you can't really do a "you know you're getting younger when..." thread.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

shut up, beavis, you're ruining it.

He said hard, huh huh, huh huh, huh huh huh.

Then he said come, huh huh, huh huh, huh huh huh.

You know you're getting old when Sifu Abel and Knifefighter aren't arguing anymore.

Fu*k...time to change the roid pad on my bed.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

.....when you tell stories from experience and half the time they start with "Back in the day..."

......when you look at old kwoon group pictures that you were in and can count the number of classmates still around on one hand.

.....when you used to sport the "Mork from Ork" rainbow suspenders.

.....when you used to do the "one eyebrow ****ed" move in reference not to "The Rock" but the Six Million Dollar Man.

.....when a remote control was an extreme luxury, and a 20 inch TV weighed about 500lbs because it was encased in a huge wooden console.

... when your hair is getting grey and it's not a lack of zinc in your diet.

... when you start thinking a caddilac is a reasonable car to drive...or a buick.

... when everyone under 30 is no longer to be trusted.

... when your balls are the better portion of yer junk.

... when your kid wants his own car.

... when beer starts to taste different and you realize that each brew has a subtlety all it's own.

... when you understand why electric green is probably not a good hair colour to sport into a senior executive meeting.

... when you realize that slacking and squeegeeing was never a career option in the first place.

... when you are listening to your favourite tunes on the golden oldies or classic rock stations.

... when provided you have practiced, you realize what does and what does not work in the martial arts you've trained in.

... when you realize your heroes were just made up in your head and that everything is as fragile as a butterflies wings and your life can change completely in a matter of seconds.

... when you understand what a colostomy bag is.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

This is fun...

1- When you still walk over to the television to turn it on, off and change channels

2- When street punks start to give you that "I can take him" look.

3- When fine young chicks start to consistently cringe at your interest.

4- When you argue for the senoir citizens discount at your local fish&chips joint.

5- When you can figure out the entire movie from just looking at the poster.

6- When you have to lie on the floor to get a smooth shave.

7- When you start to chant the mantra "I think I can, I think I can..." while in the process of moving your bowels. (Often interspersed with birth breathing techniques)

8- When the entire world has gone dvd and you still have that freakin' 12:00 flashing on your vcr.

9- When your supply of underwear has taken so much abuse that they have gone union.

10- When your morning flatulence hangs around to see what your having for lunch.

11- When you finally realize why your earwax is called "earwax".

12- When the sound of you hands clapping has you diving towards the floor for cover.

mickey
    Last edited by mickey; 07-05-2005 at 06:57 PM.

1. When your best ideas come not from reading, but while soaping thy nuts in the shower.

2. You keep a tube of Ben-Gay in the glove compartment of your car.

3. A kid asks you how to divide fractions and you have absolutely no idea how to do it without a calculator.

5. You choose to include Brussel Sprouts as part of your evening meal.

4. You call Gene Ching a whipper-snapper.

6. You fuk up your counting from 1 to 10 as I have done above.

7. You come to realize that if it weren't for google you would appear absolutely dyslexic.

8. The Discovery channel becomes much more exciting than a show about two dumb but very hot blondes.

9. Every morning you take a healthy poop, a healthy pee, but you can't wake up before 1 in the afternoon. This can occur during college as well.

10. Joan Rivers appears to be attractive. This can also be a sign of a severe mental illness.

11. You start a conversation with a buddy about how "regular" you are feeling that morning.

12. You have to scroll up on your own post in threads like these because you can't remember whether you already posted the same crap.

13. You mulch the dog shit in your yard while cutting the grass, instead of using the pooper-scooper after each load drops.

14. You can think of 13 or more reasons why you know you're getting old.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

you know you are getting old when you get this;

at 20, you are concerned about what everyone think about you.

at 40, you don't care what people think about you.

at 60, you realize that no one was thinking about you in the first place.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    - you start wondering if anyone makes an 8" sash because the 6" sash you had someone make you when you were 35 disappears when you tie it on.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by Oso
    - you start wondering if anyone makes an 8" sash because the 6" sash you had someone make you when you were 35 disappears when you tie it on.

I think that's more of a "you know you're getting fat when..." type subject.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    maybe so

I'm not fat, I'm pleasantly plump.
    Last edited by Oso; 07-07-2005 at 07:36 AM.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by Oso
    maybe so

I'm not fat, I'm pleasantly plump.
    Just well fed.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.