Thread: OT: you know you are getting old when.......

Hybrid View

OT: you know you are getting old when.......

When young people start to irritate you.

When "longer than you've been alive" ends most of your comebacks.

When you think to yourself, "Geez , was I that stupid?."

When some YDFOC teenager does it for 3 hours and calls it a "quicky". (OK thats just age envy, that won't last anyway, Mwhahahaha.)

When ten years ago you were still an older adult, doing the same thing, and they weren't.

When you wake up 20 minutes before your body does.

When people don't realize that computers, touchtone phones , color television, the internet, expensive gas, camcorders, and many other things didn't exist or wasn't available when I was born.

When your first thought after doing something cool that impresses people is, "I still got it."

Or worse when they say, "Wow!, You still got it." Oh lord............

Whe you sing out, "here I come to save the day!!!!" and people DON'T know where that comes from.

hahah!

But you forgot "You know you are old when you have to exhale real loud to sit down in a chair." I'm starting to get that myself.
    Punching is loving.

Quote Originally Posted by g0pher
    hahah!

But you forgot "You know you are old when you have to exhale real loud to sit down in a chair." I'm starting to get that myself.

Or sigh after a good BM. Or when BMs become important events.

I don't have a problem with ripening at all.

when I was younger, things were much more awkward and hard to understand and do.

Now, things come easier, there is less misunderstanding or miscomprehension about stuff.

But I guess you can't really do a "you know you're getting younger when..." thread.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

shut up, beavis, you're ruining it.

He said hard, huh huh, huh huh, huh huh huh.

Then he said come, huh huh, huh huh, huh huh huh.

You know you're getting old when Sifu Abel and Knifefighter aren't arguing anymore.

Fu*k...time to change the roid pad on my bed.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

Quote Originally Posted by SifuAbel
    Or sigh after a good BM. Or when BMs become important events.

Uggghhh!!! That's my fourm name

At my jiu-jitsu class, I over heard one of the guys I roll with talking about a guy my age that he went against in a tournament. " The guy was 44 or 45 and had long hair and a beard. There wasn't anyone in his age group and he was put in with all of us young guys ( he is 19 or 20). I mounted him and looked down and thought ****, I rolling with Father Time."
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

I had a lunch box in the first grade that had a TV show about astronauts coming to earth in the stone age. The theme song went something like " It's about time, it's about space, it's about man from outerspace..." It had a couple of really hot cave women in skippy animal bikinis and a guy that started every other sentance with "oouu oouu..."
    Well I was on the school bus with it and a second grader kept picking on me. I finally had enough and turned around and beat him with that lunch box. I gave it to him as fast and as hard as I could. I recall giving to the top of his head and when he would cover it up, I went side to side with it to his head. It dented my lunch box so bad that I never could use it again and had to trade lunch boxes with my 6 year older sister who did have the finger strength to open it. She had that **** "H.R. Puff N Stuff" lunch box
    When I was a sophmore in H.S. and was riding the school bus with the other guy that I had hit with my lunch box who was now a junior and a lineman on the football team, he leaned over from behind and hit me with his senior ring on my head. All he said was " That's for the lunch box." Unfortunatlly for me, I was buying my lunch then.
    And there was a TV show when I was just a very young teenager that had a woman and younger woman on it. Something woman and something girl, just don't recall. Oh man were they soooo hot. The outfits were so skimpy.
    The Adventures of Tom Terrific
    Bullwinkle and Rocky
    "The next program is brought to you in living color, in order to enjoy it in its full capacity, please adjust your color set now." Then the pea**** would walk out and spread his feathers with the tip of each feather a different color. Then the guy would tell you what each color was supposed to be. The other channels used the color bars.
    The flimsy screen cover that was to make your B\W set appear to be color. Oh what piece of crap that was.
    Last edited by BM2; 07-08-2005 at 06:07 AM.
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

"It's about time, it's about space, about two men in the strangest place...." Something like that. The name of the show is "It's About Time" starring Imogene Coca.

I can't believe nobody mentioned Rockem Sockem Robots!

BTW, they're back. Get them here. Bottom of page.

So does anyone remember Ultraman?

Not the cartoon.
    Last edited by Ou Ji; 07-08-2005 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SifuAbel

Whe you sing out, "here I come to save the day!!!!" and people DON'T know where that comes from.
    Mighty Mouse is on his WAY!!!!!

Oh god Sifu Abel, half those things apply to me! I'm too young to be getting older!
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM
    Mighty Mouse is on his WAY!!!!!

Oh god Sifu Abel, half those things apply to me! I'm too young to be getting older!
    I actually had to google that to find out where the quote came from so I guess I'm in the clear!

Btw, he's not so tough. I bet he doesn't even know Kung Fu.

what was the name of the karate mouse cartoon that would come on right after mighty mouse, it was Mr. Moto or Mighty Moto or something or fujimoto or whatever.

Dunno, but "Diaper Man Style" from "The Mighty Heroes" is teh real street deadly...

Dunno the mouse one.. but I do remember Hong Kong Phooey.
    Last edited by Ming Yue; 07-07-2005 at 11:39 AM.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it's still on the list.

www.curious3d.com