Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: OT: you know you are getting old when.......

...when you watch MTV and you find the bands contribed, talentless and too cutsey teen agnst to bare.

Its like, " Look at me, I'm young with a retro hair do, playing the same chord over and over again...........la la la"

Boring

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Ou Ji
    Day one of MTV. Nina Blackwood, mmmmmm. Creative tin foils sculptures trying to get HBO in the clear.

Transister radios.
    I have to go with Martha Quinn myself but I hear ya.

For me it was trying to get the round channel changing dial on the cable box to stick between 35 and 36 so the Playboy channel would come in...it was still fuzzy but it was fuzzy nekkid chicks.

I used to listen to some show out of Chicago at night on my AM transistor radio...I was in Richmond VA.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

I'm suprised none has mentioned Benny Hill, and Montey Python yet.

And of course "On TV" on Chanel 44 in Chicago.

I watched what was supposed to be the last "Who" concert on that.

For those that don't know, "On Tv" was a scrambled TV chanel. You had to rent the descrambler to see anything other than fuzzy lines...unless you were a geek, and built one from parts you bought at Radio Shack...so you could see the adult movies late at night...
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson
    If you grew up in the 80's you really shouldn't be posting on this thread.

You know you're getting old when you laugh at 20-somethings who think they have the wisdom of years thing under their belt. Because you're over 40 and you know that nothing is ****her from the truth.
    Lord!! This happening to me over at Bullshido!!!!!!!!

I'm late into the game but things I remeber growing up in NY...
    Captain Scarlet, Diver Dan, Jonny Quest, the Mike Douglas Show, Captain Ked, PF Flyers, the NY Worlds Fair, the 4:30 Movie, Officer Joe Bolton, Cap't Jack McCarthy, Soupy Sales, Tex Antoine, WABC, WINS before it was a news station, Imus when he was cool, Jackie Gleason from Miami Beach FL, Ed Sullivan, Johnny Carson in NY, Candid Camera, Playboy After Dark, Chiller Theater, Swanson TV dinners in aluminum trays, and the days when it was OK to go into school with this.

Other signs that you're getting older...
    The girls in playboy could be your daughter.
    The girls in playboy could be your daughters daughter
    You start to check the obituaries of your home town paper
    A MILF is now your WIFE
    It's a crapshoot if you do either a quickie or an all nighter and no longer a choice.
    You see celebrities on TV and don't know who they are.
    What you wore in HS is now on an Old Navy commercial.

Dobie Gillis.How many know who played Maynard G. Krebs? Bob Denver.

The Farmers Daughter. Inga Stevens

The Moon Landing
    Apollo 13

How about Gemini?

http://www.tvparty.com/lostny2bolton.html
    Last edited by rogue; 07-09-2005 at 07:51 PM.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

The Moon Landing
    Apollo 13

How about Gemini?

How about the big deal it was everytime a rocket went up? 10..9...8...7...6?
    How about seeing the three orange parachutes on the capsuel when they came back and everyone watched with their families and the astrunaunts were all Heros?
    Remember that they were quaranteed when they came back just to make sure they didn't have anything?

Dragnet
    Please don't the Daisies.
    Has UnderDog been mentioned?
    Anyone recall the Funky Chicken!!!! That was about the only dance I could do besides the bump.
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

How about Tiny Tim?

How about Miss Vickie?
    Top Cat, Courageous Cat, **** Tracy, Terry and the Pirates, My Mother the Car, Supercar, Car 54 Where Are You?, Route 66, 77 Sunset Strip, Dark Shadows, Joe Franklin, Combat, Branded, The Rifleman (that was sweet), Wonderama (Sonny Fox, Sandy Becker, Bob McCalister), The Wonderful World of Disney with Walt Disney, TV channels going off of the air at night, the 6AM Farm Report being the first show after the test pattern.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Wild Kingdom, The Hudson Bros., Sonny and Cher, The Lawrence Welk show...
    Remember when bad musical variety shows ruled the airwaves...

The Hudson Brothers, first played over the summer. I thought that it was funny.

DM

you know you are getting old when.......

When you can remember all these things from 30 years ago, yet you can't remember what you did with your car keys.

I'm losing track (another sign you're getting old) but has anyone mentioned F Troop?

Captain Kangaroo and Mr. Greenjeans

Howdy Doodie

Bufffalo Bob

Sheri Lewis and Lambchop
    Last edited by Ou Ji; 07-10-2005 at 04:52 PM.

Captain Kangaroo and Mr. Greenjeans
    Howdy Doodie
    Bob Keeshan was both Clarabell the Clown on Doodie and of course the good Captain K.
    I've sort of been to his house and got to go in his pool.

DM

I've been to Buffalo Bob's place years ago. No pool.

Quote Originally Posted by rogue
    the 6AM Farm Report being the first show after the test pattern.
    WOW thats a doozy.

In Miami, it was the ocean radar for fisherman.