Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: you know you are getting old when.......

Quote Originally Posted by SifuAbel
    Or sigh after a good BM. Or when BMs become important events.

Uggghhh!!! That's my fourm name

At my jiu-jitsu class, I over heard one of the guys I roll with talking about a guy my age that he went against in a tournament. " The guy was 44 or 45 and had long hair and a beard. There wasn't anyone in his age group and he was put in with all of us young guys ( he is 19 or 20). I mounted him and looked down and thought ****, I rolling with Father Time."
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

I had a lunch box in the first grade that had a TV show about astronauts coming to earth in the stone age. The theme song went something like " It's about time, it's about space, it's about man from outerspace..." It had a couple of really hot cave women in skippy animal bikinis and a guy that started every other sentance with "oouu oouu..."
    Well I was on the school bus with it and a second grader kept picking on me. I finally had enough and turned around and beat him with that lunch box. I gave it to him as fast and as hard as I could. I recall giving to the top of his head and when he would cover it up, I went side to side with it to his head. It dented my lunch box so bad that I never could use it again and had to trade lunch boxes with my 6 year older sister who did have the finger strength to open it. She had that **** "H.R. Puff N Stuff" lunch box
    When I was a sophmore in H.S. and was riding the school bus with the other guy that I had hit with my lunch box who was now a junior and a lineman on the football team, he leaned over from behind and hit me with his senior ring on my head. All he said was " That's for the lunch box." Unfortunatlly for me, I was buying my lunch then.
    And there was a TV show when I was just a very young teenager that had a woman and younger woman on it. Something woman and something girl, just don't recall. Oh man were they soooo hot. The outfits were so skimpy.
    The Adventures of Tom Terrific
    Bullwinkle and Rocky
    "The next program is brought to you in living color, in order to enjoy it in its full capacity, please adjust your color set now." Then the pea**** would walk out and spread his feathers with the tip of each feather a different color. Then the guy would tell you what each color was supposed to be. The other channels used the color bars.
    The flimsy screen cover that was to make your B\W set appear to be color. Oh what piece of crap that was.
    Last edited by BM2; 07-08-2005 at 06:07 AM.
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

"It's about time, it's about space, about two men in the strangest place...." Something like that. The name of the show is "It's About Time" starring Imogene Coca.

I can't believe nobody mentioned Rockem Sockem Robots!

BTW, they're back. Get them here. Bottom of page.

So does anyone remember Ultraman?

Not the cartoon.
    Last edited by Ou Ji; 07-08-2005 at 06:08 AM.

If you grew up in the 80's you really shouldn't be posting on this thread.

You know you're getting old when you laugh at 20-somethings who think they have the wisdom of years thing under their belt. Because you're over 40 and you know that nothing is ****her from the truth.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

UltraMan, the Japanese show with his 60 second warning light on his chest when his power was low. Only on one show did he lose his power against a Godzilla looking monster and another UltraMan came to watch over the Earth while UltraMan was injured.
    I always wondered why UltraMan, who was from outerspace, had those Asian eyes. For those who didn't see the show, he was a Power Ranger looking Super Hero but about 70 ft tall. Remember how they would tear the buildings up when he would fight the monsters?
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Quote from SevenStar

How about:

Time Tunnel

The Man from U.N.C.L.E.

The Girl from U.N.C.L.E.

The Land of the Giants

F Troop

Get Smart

Hogan's Heros

Ozzie and Harriet

My Three Sons

The Courtship of Eddie's Father

Julia

Father Knows Best

High Chapparel

Bonanza

Have Gun, Will Travel

Alias Smith and Jones

The Rifleman

The Virginian

H.R. Pufnstuf! Who's your friend when things get rough? H.R. Pufnstuf! Doesn't do a little 'cause he can't do enough!

Gosh Scott,

You went on to TV shows that have people in them!

OK...

Batman

The Green Hornet

Branded

The Avengers

The Champions

Bat Masterson

Twilight Zone

The Outer Limits

That Girl

Wild Wild West (I think Bruce Lee copied this guys' energetic acting style BIG TIME)

Wonderama

Mary Tyler Moore Show

D ick Van Dyke Show

The Bob Newhart Show

Shock Theatre

Chiller Theatre

Creature Features

Alfred Hitchc ock Presents

The Perry Mason Show

Love, American Style

Nanny and the Professor

The Flying Nun

Dark Shadows

Big Valley

The Lucy Show

The Red Skelton Show

The Flip Wilson Show

The Carol Burnett Show

The Barbara McNair Show

The George Kirby Show

The D ick Cavett Show

The Mike Douglas Show

The Merv Griffin Show

The Andy Griffith Show

Star Trek

U.F.O.

Thunderbirds (dummies can be people too )

It Takes a Thief

Mission Impossible

Mod Squad (I had a cosmic feeling that, even during repeats, everyone tuned in to just watch the beginning because it was so hot).

Rawhide

Somebody bring some more!!!

mickey
    Last edited by mickey; 07-08-2005 at 09:50 AM.

Branded was a cool show! Chuck Connors got the role, but Steve McQueen would've been awesome in this.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Oso
    donuts

Had the freakin' spaceship...wonder how much that would be worth today if I hadn't of taken it apart.

Kroft....Sigmund

adding to the list:

Land of the Lost -- I wanted to do Holly

One Day at a Time -- I wanted to do the Anne waaaaay before I thought Barbera was cute...sadly ended up dating too many women who were more like Julie.

Micronaughts -- FTR, never sexually attracted to any of them.
    Oso is officially VIEJO.

The ones left out were...

"extra value is what you get when you buy........... Corronet (paper towels)

Chock full 'o nuts is my favorite coffee, a better coffee an millionaire money can't buy."
    It was sung by the Then owner , an old lady that was ironically a millionairess.

laugh-in

Rockford files

Johnny Socko Giant Robot

Saturday Night Live original cast

Hee Haw

Happy Days (anyone had the Fonz doll with the flip up thumbs?)

that show with Steve McQueen, I don't remember the name.

The white shadow (or was it just white shadow)

Welcome Back Carter

Chico and the Man

The Monkees

that show with Steve McQueen, I don't remember the name.
    It was "wanted:dead or alive" and had only a few episodes.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Branded was really good, David.

Chuck Connors' deadpan look carried the title through every scene.

Wanted Dead or Alive was very good as well.

mickey
    Last edited by mickey; 07-08-2005 at 11:07 AM.

The honeymooners, Amos and Andy, Your show of shows, The Milton Berle show, I Love Lucy, The Untouchables,

The McDonald's commerical where a kid buys a hamburger, fries and a coke and gets change back?

Two all beef patties , special sauce, lettuce , cheese , pickels, all on a sesame seed bun.

I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

The really big, black super ball.

I think they were called crackers. Two glass balls attached to each other by a string and the object was to make them strike each other on the up swing and down swing. Judge Pen would have loved practicing law back then.

Mr. Wizard gyroscope.

A ring which you put your foot through. It was attached to a ball and you swung your foot around and would jump over the ball.

TVs that took five minutes to turn on.

Three channels to watch.

Seeing a color TV for the first time.
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Quote from SevenStar