Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: you know you are getting old when.......

How about Black Sheep Squadron? Any body remember that one? It was my favorite. I was absolutly hartbroke when I found out the real Pappy was already dead...

And favorite candy was Bonkers or hamburger gum.
    My prize toys were Stompers and all the Strawberry Shortcake gang in molded plastic that really smelled like strawberries and lemons, ect. I still have my strawberry shortcake bed set my mom made me when I was 6... and my Mon Chichi.

You want to date yourself for reals??? I have a working Charlie Weaver doll my I traded my sister for when we were kids. She wanted my My Little Pony... Just try to find someone who Knows who he was. Most people my age don't even know that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Quote Originally Posted by SifuAbel

Who co-starred with Ray Walston in the popular series "My favorite martian".
    Hint he became the alter ego of another green dude.
    Answer: Bill Bixby

I can't believe all you geezers forgot

Gunsmoke

and

The Big Valley.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Oso is officially VIEJO.
    ok, what the ehll does that mean? It'll have to go in my sig since it's the first time I've ever been 'officially' anything here...

How about Black Sheep Squadron? Any body remember that one? It was my favorite. I was absolutly hartbroke when I found out the real Pappy was already dead...
    Hell yes...I'd already read several books about the Black Sheep when that show came on.

Has no one mentioned Little House on the Prairie?

mmmmm......Laura.......almost every girlfriend I've ever had resembles her in some way....I should probably see a shrink about that....

anyone remember Dave Allen? British comedian that used to come on public television late night...the dude would sit there and you could see the level of whiskey go up and down in his glass as the show progressed....my Dad used to let me stay up to watch him.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Petticoat Junction

The Avengers....do I need to say her name?????
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

Yo guys,

Go back to my lists. Big Valley (an overt s exual reference that predates Barbara Walters' The View) and the Avengers (Diana Riggs) are there.

The two balls on a string are called Klick Klacks.

Also...

Secret Agent Man (aka Danger Man)

The Prisoner

mickey

Here is a toy jingle...

Digger the Dog
    Digger he goes with you
    When you explore
    Just pull his leash
    Go for a walk
    He's your dog for sure

Go for a walk
    He's your dog for sure

mickey

Here's more from my sister,

Captain Kangaroo

I Dream Of Jeannie

Little LuLu.

Toy:

Poor Pitiful Pearl

mickey

missed it, I looked

OMFG, I forgot how hot she was

and others

Here's one we all missed,

HAWAII Five 0 --"Book'em Dano"

Another: Wonder Woman

Oso,

That Isis chick is foine.

mickey

[QUOTE=Becca]How about Black Sheep Squadron? Any body remember that one? It was my favorite. I was absolutly hartbroke when I found out the real Pappy was already dead...

Major Gregory Boyington, USMC
    24 confirmed kills, 4 probables

He died on 11 January 1988 from cancer in Fresco, CA.

He started flying combat with the American Voulteer Group better known as "Flying Tigers" in China 1941. Later he was either thrown out or left on his own due to his alocholism. Put together VMF-214 from the pilot pool. He was a POW after being shot down near Rabaul.
    Following the end of WWII, he couldn't keep a job because of his drinking. He became a referee for professional wrestling. Later he did get his life together and worked on the TV show "Baa Baa Black Sheep".
    His book "Baa Baa Black Sheep" was published in or around 1957, I believe. I really enjoyed it.
    Others that knew him said he loved to drink and fight.
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

Hi BM2,

Are you talking about Baa Baa Black Sheep (I think this was the original title. Then it changed to Black Sheep Squadron) that starred Robert Conrad? I remember that one but I don't think I watched an episode.

Duh, I should have read your entire post.

mickey
    Last edited by mickey; 07-08-2005 at 07:53 PM.

Aluminum ice trays with the handle.
    Anything made in Japan was junk.
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

The Moon Landing

Apollo 13

TV remotes that operated on sound waves like a tuning fork.

Bonomo Turkish Taffy. Freeze it, smack it on a hard surface, then open and eat the pieces.

Commando Cody. Had a rocket pack on his back. Cool cliffhanger series from the '50s. I especially liked decoding the clue for the next episode.

Clackers were another brand of the balls on a string.

Day one of MTV. Nina Blackwood, mmmmmm. Creative tin foils sculptures trying to get HBO in the clear.

Transister radios.

You remember when AM radio was cool.

The Farmers Daughter.

Dobie Gillis.How many know who played Maynard G. Krebs?

Beatniks. Or Hippies for that matter. I mean real Hippies.