Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: OT: you know you are getting old when.......

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Not quite...I came in about .25 I think.

I had a bunch of spidey and I think the first run of Daredevil. DD was the heat.
    Then my sister set the house on fire, accidentally....I think, and lost them all.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

10 and 12 cent comics like the first several issues of the Uncanny X-Men? Too bad I didn't keep them in better shape. I have the first year of Ghost Rider, Kamandi, New Gods, Nick Fury Agent of SHEILD, and a tons more. For whatever reason mom gave away all my classic GI Joes but kept all of my comics. I still have my collection of The Deadly Hands of Kung Fu which was a magazine with articles on KF films, reprints of Iron Fist and Shang Chi and first run stories of the White Tiger or some such thing.

Button fly bell bottom jeans and P Jackets?
    P jackets were itchy, and of course you went through the joy of trying to unbutton those button ups while having to pee real bad. Getting those elephant bells caught in your bike chain was also a hassle.

Oso, Daredevil still rocks.
    Last edited by rogue; 07-11-2005 at 06:37 PM.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

rogue,

Then you would remember "Sons of the Tiger." That was the only series that looked like a kung fu movie.

I remember calling the Fu Jow Pai in the early 70's to find out their monthly rate: $18.00 a month.

mickey

I had a XLCH Harley which was kick start only and right hand (foot) shift . My big bell Levi's used to get caught on the rear foot peg and rip the side out of them.
    Bacon's was the last store to have those Levi Big Bells. I bought out the last 5 or so jeans and my wife to be about died. Nobody wore those anymore in the '80s
    You were only cool if you wore big bells that were thread bare, three inches too long in the inseam so that you walked on them and were covered with patches holding them together.
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

Quote Originally Posted by Ou Ji
    1974? You're not old, my son is older than you.

Try Slinky.

Anybody have the bubble gum cards that when you collect the whole set and put them in order you can flip through them and watch a show. I had the Wolfman transforming.

I also had issue #1 of Spiderman but my 2nd Grade teacher took it from me and I didn't get it back after class.

Anyone remember 10 and 12 cent comics?
    How old are you dude? lol I mean #1 spiderman??? I paid 150$ for a replica of that first issue (Fantastic 4 # something or other was where spiderman first appeared) in and around 1972!!! And I was just a kid!

So you must be at least 50 something or something. lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Sorry for bringing up this old post but after I had sent a pm to Chris Jurak and was completely confused on how to reply I came to a frightening realization.
    I understand computers about as good as my late mom!
    AAAAAGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Not to be a Nerd but Amazing Fantasy #15 was the first appearance of Spider Man. I have some 10 and 12c comics, I didn't start collecting until they were 25c. so I am not that old. But at least in regards to Kung Fu i would say anyone who started learning mid 80's or earlier is old school. At least in general. I know there's pleny of guys and gals that have learned since the 70's but certainly not that many from the 60's, at least not American people.

In the middle of doing a long form in front of a huge audience, you got distracted and forgot your connecting move.

When you find out, it takes so much longer for your injury to heal.