Thread: Tolorence not acceptence

Exclamation Tolorence not acceptence

Hello Everyone,

I have returned to being a moderator for the Wing Chun forum. This is not a power trip nor do I wish to make this MY FORUM. This is your forum and should be available to everyone of the Wing Chun Lineage no matter who they are or what they believe. Anyone should feel welcome and comfortable in posting threads here which discuss the methods and concepts of the Wing Chun System.

However, no one should be allowed to post personal or lineage specific attacks!! This is not condusive to the art or its advancement and it is not in accordance with forum rules. I am therefore giving notice that no more attacks or trash talking will be tolorated on this forum. Anyone who engages in such activity will receive a warning and an opportunity to change. If they persist in such actions then they will be banned from posting here!!

Anyone who remembers me from before will, hopefully, agree that I always attempted to be fair. As always anyone is welcome to contact me via email at: Sihing73@juno.com or by PM with any concerns regarding the forum or myself and my actions.

I have started by deleting in whole several threads which IMHO served no purpose other than to stir up trouble. These threads were also the subject of several PM's and emails expressing concern from forum members. Those who began such threads are advised to engage in constructive posting or face the possibilty of not being permitted to post here in the future.

Please feel free to contact me with any comments or concerns should you wish to do so. I may not be able to view each and every thread and will depend on each and every forum member to bring to my and Sandmans attention any threads or members not adding to the forum and instead detracting from this site.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Peace,

Dave

Dave,
    Thank you so much for your help with the forum! We had bad thunderstorms in my area last friday that knocked my phone and broadband out completely. For reasons unknown to me, SBC didn't see any problem on their end and so it took me 6 days to get someone to come out and fix it. I'm very sorry for any inconvenience that has caused anyone, and would like to thank you once again for picking up the slack while I was having unbelivable technical issues on my end. Thank you so very much!
    Thanks!
    Sandman[Wing Chun]

"Learning is not compulsory ... neither is survival."

-W. Edwards Derning

A thought on Civil Discourse:

“Democracy is a means of living together despite our differences. Democratic deliberation is an alternative to physical violence. It is predicated on the assumption that it’s possible to disagree agreeably, that it’s better to laugh than cry, that one can vigorously contest the positions of one’s adversary without questioning his or her personal integrity or motivation, and that parties to a debate are entitled to the presumption that their views are legitimate if not correct.” -Thomas Mann

Cool! I always thought you were a very good moderator!

Hi Sandman,

Things happen, no need to appoligize. Hopefully working together we can keep those numerous reports to a minimum

Kungfu Cowboy,

Thanks, nice to know I was appreciated. I always try to be fair.

Please keep in mind this is your forum. Not Mine. I, and Sandman, will make decisions and they will not always make everyone happy. Still, you have the option of contacting us with comments in an effort to improve things. If you do not take advantage of this then you have little reason to complain, IMHO.

This board is for EVERYONE no matter the lineage or method. This is a place for discussion of the art of Wing Chun not personalities or making lineage or personal attacks. Hopefully Wing Chun and our extended family as a whole will benefit from what is posted here. For those who want to stir up trouble please go elsewhere.

Peace,

Dave

I thought the last bit of obvious moderating I saw here was well done.

Good to see you back.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Just what this forum, and many others needed. Well done MOD.

peace