Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OT: Explosions in London

RIP to all the victims.

RIP to all the brain cells that have apparently died in some posters' heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Forrer
    Thank you Mr Blair for sucking us into this mess and making us, like spain, a target for these fanatics
    Perhaps you would prefer living like the French.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Killer
    Or at least just ask ourselves if bankrolling Isreal is worth all the trouble...
    They have been hated and persecuted for about 2000 years now, why should we side with them....

Quote Originally Posted by Master Killer
    Oh yeah...I forgot. 9/11 was about terrorists hating freedom, right?
    More like the radical Islam hating anything non-radical Islam.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Fox
    Who's worse, the person commiting the acts of terror or the person who uses the emotions generated by those acts of terror to further their political agenda?
    Good thing this happened after both Blair and Bush were elected or else you might trying to say something......

I an not defending the current political policy but for all those that can somehow find a way to blame the innocent in these acts of terrorism, they tick me off just a tad.

How about the next time one of you slams SD, I go after your grand ma? If that doesn't get you to sign up, I hunt down fluffy or spot and hang them from a tree. I will justify it with "guilt by association". If in fact I ever get caught after wiping out all the family pets and relatives, I am just happy to know that you will sit down and try to "understand where I am coming from" and "respect and tolerate" my viewpoint.

Absolutely no offense to the ladies or crossdressers in the crowd but some of you need to put the panties on and STFU! You are not males, don't think like males and sure as heck wouldn't survive if it wasn't for the ones willing to protect you while you sit all comfy infront of your computers getting all drippy when you find a scammed copy of Star wars III on Kazaa. Repub, dem, whatever...if you find a way to justify terrorism then you need to get the **** out.....now! Heck, pull a Johnny Walker and join them. But be prepared for when you meet the Jar Heads face to face.......panty soiling time ladies....

(quietly stepping off my soap box)
    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars..Glory lasts forever"......

Quote Originally Posted by fa_jing
    Do you think terrorists' actions lend legitimacy to their views?
    I think our government lying about their motives undermines the legitmacy of our response.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Tiger
    Good thing this happened after both Blair and Bush were elected or else you might trying to say something......
    George bush was reelected after 9/11 and used that event to his advantage throughout his whole campaign. In fact, he's still trying to use 9/11 by trying to tie it to the war in Iraq. He's also used 9/11 to try to get his Patriot Act re-passed.

As far as any military personel go, they have my complete respect and my thanks. I'm talking about the dirty rotten sneaky underhanded politicians who are just as bad as the terrorists, if not worse.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

It's a sad, disgusting world, and it doesn't have to be like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller
    I think our government lying about their motives undermines the legitmacy of our response.
    If our (USA) government told the truth about the terrorists' motives ( more like properly emphasized all factors said to be part of their motives ) I would still expect that debate over whether our government should support Israel would be completely independant of both the actions of the terrorists and the terrorists motives. Which is why I disagree with your trying to tie examination of our support for Israel to terrorist attacks.
    Last edited by fa_jing; 07-07-2005 at 01:56 PM.

fa_jing,

This is the internet. Please stop trying to be rational and make sense.

Thank you.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

my condolances to anyone effected.
    where's my beer?

Just a wee thought.

Could those members who want to use this tragedy to enhance their political views perhaps **** off and do it somewhere else?

They haven't even finished counting the bodies yet, and I have a friend unnacounted for, as I'm sure others may do also.

Insensitive **** heads!
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Originally posted by SifuAbel
    OMG, some body got a DNA sample from the burnt carcass of the last dead horse, separated the live cells, cloned another horse, watched it grow, let it come to maturity and then
    PROCEEDED TO BEAT IT TO DEATH , AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

The Globe and Mail(Toronto) has an interactive map of the attacks, you can see a photo from each location by clicking on the map. The BBC has a photo collection available as well.

edited and moved to other thread
    Last edited by Nick Forrer; 07-08-2005 at 03:40 AM.
    'In the woods there is always a sound...In the city aways a reflection.'

'What about the desert?'

'You dont want to go into the desert'

- Spartan

To be clear these bombings are a horrendous atrocity and those responsible should be apprehended and charged with murder.

That said IMO there are a few things that this bombing demonstrates along with the Madrid bombing:

1) that for all its stated aims the so called war on terror, that is, the bombing and invasion of Afghanistan has, after 4 years, still not resulted in the capture of Bin Laden and has not diminished the terrorists ability *in any significant way*
    to launch attacks against the west. After all you don’t need to go to Afghanistan to learn to make nitro glycerin – all you need is household chemicals, a bath, some basic chemistry knowledge and a recipe that you can get off the internet in 5 minutes.

2) that in fact by participating in the attacks on Afghanistan and Iraq, in defiance of the opinion of the majority of the British public the British government have, in all probability, both

a)increased the support for terrorist/radical groups in both the middle east and the west

and

b)increased the chance of Britain being a target (for anyone who doubts this let me know when, say, Estonia or Finland will have their capitals bombed at rush hour)

This is in addition to the fact that these operations have killed thousands of innocent people (as much as 100,000 in Iraq according to London based medical journal The Lancet), scattered AL Q across a wider and much harder to monitor region (and even perhaps created a new base for them in Iraq), brought back to power in Afghanistan a ruthless gang of drug pushers (heroin production has gone back up to what it was pre Taliban), undermined international law, increased global instability, strengthened the perception of the US as a predatory and out of control imperial power, and provided a convenient pretext for tyrannical and corrupt governments to repress domestic political dissent .

Again, the perpetrators of these crimes should be brought to justice. However just as the RAF don’t go and bomb Boston (the source of much republican funding, arms and support) every time a bomb goes off in London, so too should the west think clearly about bombing and invading countries especially where that is done on a false pretext, without a clear UN mandate, and without a clear exit strategy.

And I dont think im being 'insensitive' by pointing these things out. I live in London, use the tube everyday, go to the stations bombed almost everyday (strangely enough to get to MA practice) and could easily have been one of the victims (thankfully im not and again condolences to the families of the victims). If anyone thinks i am being insensitive then i apologise.

Now flame away………..
    I doubt there is anyone here whose thought processes haven't gone at least as far as what you have displayed above.
    That said.
    If you want to talk politics, go do it on a political forum and add your voice to the meaningless hum of the crowd.
    Thanks for the meaningless apology.
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

J.R.R. Tolkien

OMG, some body got a DNA sample from the burnt carcass of the last dead horse, separated the live cells, cloned another horse, watched it grow, let it come to maturity and then

Andy

Im sorry that you think my apology is meaningless.

However you are not the moderator nor the person who started this thread: other people have given their opinion, I have given mine. I could have started a different thread but frankly i dont see the point (unless perhaps the person who started this thread expressly requested it which he hasn't).

If i'm making a political point its because i feel this is (inescapably) a political issue.
    'In the woods there is always a sound...In the city aways a reflection.'

'What about the desert?'

'You dont want to go into the desert'

- Spartan

Andy

Im sorry that you think my apology is meaningless.

However you are not the moderator nor the person who started this thread: other people have given their opinion, I have given mine. I could have started a different thread but frankly i dont see the point (unless perhaps the person who started this thread expressly requested it which he hasn't).

If i'm making a political point its because i feel this is (inescapably) a political issue.
    It's not a political issue, but it is a human, or perhaps humane issue.
    The political agenda is your own.
    I'd be cool with the political stuff kicking off, if they'd even finished counting body bags yet.
    I come on MA forums looking to read about MA.
    If I wanted to read underdeveloped rants about politics, policies, terrorism etc, there are plenty of better resources.
    Have some ****ing respect for the dead man, let alone those unnaccounted for.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Can anyone explain "Why" these people are setting off bombs in subways?

I really don't understand it.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a