Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OT: Explosions in London

Quote Originally Posted by AndyM
    It's not a political issue, but it is a human, or perhaps humane issue The political agenda is your own.
    I dont understand this statement. How is it not a political issue? We are dealing with the consequences of the policies of our governments are we not? Isnt that almost the definition of a political issue.
    Certainly I have my own opinion just as you have yours. Whether its an agenda or not I dont know. If labeling it helps you dismiss it fine.

I'd be cool with the political stuff kicking off, if they'd even finished counting body bags yet.
    So you're cool with political stuff on an issue which is non politial as long as an arbritrary length of time has elapsed? I'm afraid I dont get this statement either. .

I come on MA forums looking to read about MA.
    Fine. Dont click on the link that says OT: Explosion in London then. The title is pretty self explanatory.

If I wanted to read underdeveloped rants about politics, policies, terrorism etc, there are plenty of better resources.
    Im sure there are. Again people have given their opinion, I have given mine.

Have some ****ing respect for the dead man, let alone those unnaccounted for.
    I have nothing but respect and sympathy for them and I take great exception to
    your suggestion to the contrary. The points I am making are about lessons we can learn from this and hopefully prevent things like this happening again.
    'In the woods there is always a sound...In the city aways a reflection.'

'What about the desert?'

'You dont want to go into the desert'

- Spartan

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Forrer
    I dont understand this statement. How is it not a political issue? We are dealing with the consequences of the policies of our governments are we not? Isnt that almost the definition of a political issue.
    Come election time, it will be

So you're cool with political stuff on an issue which is non politial as long as an arbritrary length of time has elapsed? I'm afraid I dont get this statement either. .
    It's really simple. There are undoubtedly members of this forum who have lost friends and relatives in this event.
    Ever heard of 'a minutes silence'?
    Ever been told there is a 'time and a place' for comment?

Fine. Dont click on the link that says OT: Explosion in London then. The title is pretty self explanatory.
    Yup, for people concerned for friends in the area.

I have nothing but respect and sympathy for them and I take great exception to
    your suggestion to the contrary.
    Your words speak for themselves. Do yourself and London a favour by shutting your trap.

The points I am making are about lessons we can learn from this and hopefully prevent things like this happening again.
    Bob Geldof is taking on apprentices I hear.
    I gather the first rule is STFU!
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Originally posted by SifuAbel
    OMG, some body got a DNA sample from the burnt carcass of the last dead horse, separated the live cells, cloned another horse, watched it grow, let it come to maturity and then
    PROCEEDED TO BEAT IT TO DEATH , AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

Rest in peace to all the victims of this attack.
    Keep it simple, stupid.

A message to terrorists.

You can all kiss my skinny royal arse.

My thoughts go out for the dying and the waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon
    Can anyone explain "Why" these people are setting off bombs in subways?

I really don't understand it.
    One reason is that if the perception exists that they can strike anywhere, then their enemies(us) must police everywhere to a higher degree. This stretches our resources thin, because we don't know where they will strike. The hope in Iraq was that we could draw most of them there, thus keeping them contained.

Overly simplistic answer, but there you go.
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

Just a wee thought.
    They haven't even finished counting the bodies yet, and I have a friend unnacounted for, as I'm sure others may do also.
    let us know how it goes bud. good luck to both you and your friend.
    where's my beer?

Regardless of the culprit let's think of the vicitms please.

Ok guys let's keep political commentary on BOTH sides in another thread. I have never supported the Iraq war but even I have to feel nothing but compassion for the poor people who were just on their way to work one morning and got blown up. My heart goes out to the vicitms of this tragedy.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

That was a good tacticle answer of course, but what I want to know is WHY do they feel the need to do this at all? What motivates them to attacks us in the first place? Obviously the tactics they use accomplish the goal, but I want to know WHY they even have that goal in the first place?
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon
    That was a good tacticle answer of course, but what I want to know is WHY do they feel the need to do this at all? What motivates them to attacks us in the first place? Obviously the tactics they use accomplish the goal, but I want to know WHY they even have that goal in the first place?
    My opinion is that they operate under the reality that, based on past experience, allowing the US or Britain to have undue influence over their nations has not brought positive experiences to them*. However, their fundamentalism makes it so that they are easy to control by whoever wants to control them, and so they play like freedom fighters, but, were they victorious, would simply be the slaves of new masters,who would probably have the same thirst for the money of the developed world as their old masters. That's about what happened in Iran: we(the US) screwed them, they began hating us, their hatred meshed well with fundamentalism, we lost Iran, arms for hostages ensues.

The difference is that the stakes in Iraq are more direct: to fail to make something good of it would equate to victory in a way withdrawing from Vietnam never was: it would be a blue print for striking at us at will, not just when we attack. Actually, a blueprint for striking at any developed nation at will.

Just my take on it, and only posted here because I don't think anything I said here is particularly provocative toward the horrible bombings in London.

*Not meaning what's going on now, refering to our past in the middle east, and frankly, what country would consider having another country running its politics and economy a win-win situation- we certainly don't allow the interference in our elections that we caused in Iran's when the CIA ran things there.
    Last edited by KC Elbows; 07-07-2005 at 10:47 PM.
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

Whatever the politics behind this, nothing can justify these kind of acts.

On a smaller note, something I find disgusting, is a lot of the hotels whacked up their prices - some even trebled their prices!
    ________
    Armenian cooking
    Last edited by stubbs; 03-18-2011 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnedDownAtrocity
    let us know how it goes bud. good luck to both you and your friend.
    Just heard from my mate.
    He's ok thanks be.
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

J.R.R. Tolkien

OMG, some body got a DNA sample from the burnt carcass of the last dead horse, separated the live cells, cloned another horse, watched it grow, let it come to maturity and then

Andy,

im glad to hear that..
    'In the woods there is always a sound...In the city aways a reflection.'

'What about the desert?'

'You dont want to go into the desert'

- Spartan

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Forrer
    Andy,

im glad to hear that..
    Thanks Nick.

J.R.R. Tolkien

We are dealing with the consequences of the policies of our governments are we not?
    Mostly no. It's a common strain of thought though. I can understand why people think this is true. But MOSTLY, no.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by Merryprankster
    Mostly no. It's a common strain of thought though. I can understand why people think this is true. But MOSTLY, no.
    uh, how do you figure merry?
    Kung Fu is good for you.